Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 12:18 PM

241 posts, read 188,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
And you need to learn the difference between GRAND juries and TRIAL juries.

From the link you posted:

Quote:
Full Definition of VERDICT

: the finding or decision of a jury on the matter submitted to it in trial
Do you recall any actual TRIAL in this Ferguson case? If you do, then you haven't been paying close enough attention, and therefore should not be opining since you obviously have no clue.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:20 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,896,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earn Your Own Keep View Post
What verdict? Grand juries don't give verdicts. This wasn't a criminal trial.

Some people need educate themselves before making complete fools out of themselves.
Oh please, you knew what they were trying to say.

The Grand Jury ruled that there was no probable cause to bring charges against the police officer. That is a pretty low standard yet there wasn't enough evidence to charge him.

When there isn't enough evidence to charge someone who is black it is a victory, when it happens with someone else the blacks are victims.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:22 PM

241 posts, read 188,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Verdict / decision, whatever. Semantics won't change the scenerio.
Maybe not, but people being ignorant of basic legal concepts is a major pet peeve of mine.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:24 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,048,650 times
Quote:
Uh, grand juries do not read "verdicts". This was an announcement. Way to expose your complete lack of intelligence in front of everybody.
Verdict / decision. Whatever.
The grand jury makes a decision whether or not to indict. It was their verdict, which is another word for decision not to issue an indictment. You happy now?

Old 11-25-2014, 12:25 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,158,281 times
Ignorance and violence breed ignorance and violence. Despite all the evidence showing their son was guilty on many counts, they still dont give a crap apparently. I can understand their suffering, I can understand their pain, but I cannot, however, understand their call for more violence. Its absolutely disgusting. Just admit your son messed up, condemn violence, and make efforts to create peace in a volatile situation, not encourage more senseless violence. What a dang shame.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:27 PM

28,982 posts, read 14,324,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Michael Brown's mother is on this video shouting profanities and his stepfather telling the crowd "Burn this b*tch down!" after grand jury's decision was announced. I'm not surprised MB grew up to be a thug. The apple down didn't fall far from the tree.

Heartbroken Michael Brown's Mother Reacts To Verdict

LOL..and they should have started with the Brown's own house. Really prove a point !!!

Old 11-25-2014, 12:28 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,501,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
The officer was investigating a different crime, a domestic dispute I believe when he came up Brown and his friend in the street. No one was running away. He backed up and cut them off with his car and then the fight started. Then the first shot in the car, then the running. You are the one who is speculating wildly to support a narrative. He never should have tried to engage them from inside his car once he realized they were responsible for the robbery. He decided he could take them on without backup and could have lost his life. He still didn't follow good police procedure - he just got "lucky."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Wrong. He was assisting a family several blocks away with a baby that was having difficulty breathing. Read the damn testimony and stop perpetuating myth!
According to the statement read last night, nor cal is right.

Tourine
That's how crap gets started . wrong info

Old 11-25-2014, 12:28 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,048,650 times
Quote:
Maybe not, but people being ignorant of basic legal concepts is a major pet peeve of mine.
Using an incorrect term does not necessarily mean that a person has no knowledge of the subject matter. If that's all you have for an argument on his / her point, that's pretty thin.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:29 PM

640 posts, read 816,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Have you experienced some sort of racism that makes you feel this way? Turned down for a job or housing because of your skin color? Beaten up by a bunch of rednecks? What? Where does this come from? I am genuinely interested in hearing your story.
It comes from reality my friend and I can't tell you how many people have been affected by racism. Trust me. Myself as millions of others are sick of having to deal with this issue and more importantly tired of people acting like race is a non-issue today. It's alive and well in ALL arenas of life, the only difference is now its done a little more SLICK then the old days . A lot of those people are in positions of power those that can affect housing, jobs, developement etc. Some of yall act like racism has to be blatant for you to see it but sometimes its not done blantlanly. WHITE SUPREMACY is a BEAST. Which by the way is not a color its a mentality. I'm sick of people turning the blind eye when it comes to minorities especially to black folks, that's all. I hope you respect my mind.

Last edited by NativeSon504; 11-25-2014 at 12:40 PM..

Old 11-25-2014, 12:30 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,333,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
If Mike Brown simply got out the middle of the road, we would not even be here today discussing this.
I think you make a lot of sense in your OP however I want to comment on this very last part and point out that it works both ways. Yes, if Mike Brown would have just "obeyed authority" and gotten out of the road that might have been the end of it. But also, if Darren Wilson would have just driven by instead of 'flexing' his authority this entire fiasco could have been avoided. In such a supposedly crime infested area one would think the cops should have the sense to pick their battles. It wasn't worth it to start drama over a couple people walking in the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events