Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 01:31 PM

37,590 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
Yes he did flee after the altercation at the police cruiser. Mike Brown was intially shot from a distance he turns around with hands up maybe walking towards officer and was shot more times. Now was that callled for, hands up according to a bunch of witnesses. Seriously

Well that post right there pretty much negates any credibility of your other posts. Have you even been paying attention?

Old 11-25-2014, 01:32 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
If your kid was shot to death, wouldn't YOU be completely devastated & angry about it?
Would you beat up your mother-in-law?
Michael Brown’s Mother Beats and Robs Michael Brown’s Grandma | FrontPage Magazine

Old 11-25-2014, 01:32 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Wrong. He was assisting a family several blocks away with a baby that was having difficulty breathing. Read the damn testimony and stop perpetuating myth!
, the point is it was a different call that didn't involve Brown. Don't be silly.
He did not know Brown and his friend were involved in a crime at first, he engaged them because they were walking in the middle of the street.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:33 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
No, why do you ask?

Old 11-25-2014, 01:33 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earn Your Own Keep View Post
So tell me where there is any mention of GRAND juries in that definition. That's what I thought. There is none. Verdicts are only read after trials (which do not involve grand juries). You need to educate yourself on basic legal terminology before you expose yourself as an even bigger fool than you already have.
Verdict can be used in a non-legal sense as indicated in the definition:
OPINION, JUDGEMENT

My verdict is that you're arguing just for argument's sake.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:34 PM

29,438 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
I think it was supposed to show that black people are in good company so people should stop acting like it is some black related phenomenon. If you want to say rioting after a verdict is a black thing ok that has definitely happened a hadful of times but rioting period? Black folks do not have a lock on that one.
You are correct on that, history has shown that stupidity crosses all races. No one has been exempt.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:35 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I really want to believe this, I really do but seeing what is going on here in Ferguson, Chicago, Detroit , Atlanta , DC, etc...kind of show otherwise.
. I'm in a city that is over 70% black and as of right now there are no riots or property damage because of it. Today is business as usual.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:37 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,983,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
LOL you just made another Ferguson thread, though.
Ya he did. No more Ferguson threads after mine. OK, I got it now.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:40 PM

639 posts, read 820,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well that post right there pretty much negates any credibility of your other posts. Have you even been paying attention?

What? At least 5 people who where there stories were simliar depending on there vantage point. The consruction worker, the two young ladies on there way to work, the young man who CNN inteviwed who was looking out window then ran outside and MOST importantly the young man that was with Mike Brown. ALL FIVE stated Mike Brown was in a surrender position hands up in air when he was fatally shot. Now let me ask you have you been paying attention? SMDH

Last edited by NativeSon504; 11-25-2014 at 02:02 PM..

Old 11-25-2014, 01:42 PM

779 posts, read 632,009 times
Quote:
I really want to believe this, I really do but seeing what is going on here in Ferguson, Chicago, Detroit , Atlanta , DC, etc...kind of show otherwise.
How is that even possible? Do you know that marshall law would be declared in all of these cities right now if black people reacted in droves to this verdict or behaved in the manner that people keep describing? There are 2 million black people in NY, 300,000 + in DC, 900, 000 in Chicago. Deduct the elderly, children, physically disabled and imagine what life would be like if it really were a majority or even a slight increase over what we see now.

What is going on is a lot better than what it used to be which shows me that something positive is going on. It remains to be seen whether or not the trend will continue.

Tell me what it is that you see that doesn't mesh well with what I've said.

Quote:
Well it seems they did listen to someone...

Brown's stepfather: 'Burn this ***** down!' | News - Home

We already knew that some fools were just waiting for a chance to take what isn't theirs. ON the other hand look at how many listened to the other parents and did what they already felt in their hearts was right.
Hundreds Protest Peacefully Outside White House After Ferguson Grand Jury Decision | NBC4 Washington
Protests spread far beyond Ferguson - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events