Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 02:56 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
You and your ilk need to sthu with that bs. Those idiots in Ferguson that are looting and destroying property has nothing to do with me and my family and other blacks in this country.
Your right.

To put it into perspective how many people were rioting and looting in the Streets of Ferguson. Maybe 500? So 500 out of 36 Million black people in this country were rioting in Ferguson, thats only 0.000014%. How does that represent every black person in the US?

Old 11-25-2014, 02:57 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
You and your ilk need to sthu with that bs. Those idiots in Ferguson that are looting and destroying property has nothing to do with me and my family and other blacks in this country.
Well, the topic of this thread is Michael Brown's parents inciting people to destroy property and basically get revenge for the grand jury's decision. So do you agree with THEM?

Old 11-25-2014, 02:59 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,010,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It doesn't matter if he was a good boy or not. He's dead. If your kid was shot to death, wouldn't YOU be completely devastated & angry about it? Yeah, yeah I think you would. Do you really blame his parents for being upset? Honestly, do any of you ever for a moment close your mouths & think about what it would be like to be in someone else's shoes? It's not that hard to do.
Do I blame them for being upset? No.

Do I blame them (at least partially) for inciting the crowd to riot by repeatedly screaming "burn the b**ch down? Yes.

Do I blame them for raising a child with no character who has caused so much destruction to the community of Ferguson? Yes.

Last edited by Cnynrat; 11-25-2014 at 03:47 PM..

Old 11-25-2014, 03:01 PM

21,827 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
What? At least 5 people who where there stories were simliar depending on there vantage point. The consruction worker, the two young ladies on there way to work, the young man who CNN inteviwed who was looking out window then ran outside and MOST importantly the young man that was with Mike Brown. ALL FIVE stated Mike Brown was in a surrender position hands up in air when he was fatally shot. Now let me ask you have you been paying attention? SMDH
Many of the witness accounts were also contradicted by the physical evidence, and they weren't trivial contradictions.

If they're the same stories that were in the media that the grand jury heard, it's not surprising they didn't consider them credible. It was stuff like he was shot running away when the autopsy proved he wasn't unless he was running away backwards. Of course, they weren't under oath in the media so they could have lied there and told the truth in front of the grand jury. Or they could have contradicted their own testimony on examination as well as the physical evidence contradicting it in other areas. Hard to say. I certainly have not read all, what, 60 witness accounts.

Old 11-25-2014, 03:03 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
The riots will begin promptly at 9pm EST.
Very prophetic. That was about right.

Old 11-25-2014, 03:03 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yeah... lets continue to ignore the facts!
What does the media's reporting have to do with the facts? As they say, "Don't let facts get in the way of a good story."

Old 11-25-2014, 03:12 PM

779 posts, read 632,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
So is blacksplaining when you get mad and just set things on fire?
Nope. Destruction of property and arson.

Old 11-25-2014, 03:15 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
, the point is it was a different call that didn't involve Brown. Don't be silly.
He did not know Brown and his friend were involved in a crime at first, he engaged them because they were walking in the middle of the street.

I'm not being silly. Details matter. They can make all the difference between a conviction or dropped charges, freedom or jail, and even life or death. Showing such a willful disregard for details about this case because you find that 'silly' says a lot about your analytical and thinking ability, and affects how people respond to the words coming out of your mouth. If remaining faithful to the truth is not important to you, I'm far less likely to further consider anything that you may have to say. Call me pedantic, but I'm the kind of person you'd want on a Grand Jury, paying attention to each and every detail with great care, because it MATTERS.

Old 11-25-2014, 03:24 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
No, I don't have much experience with guns. That's just not something I have an interest in. However, that doesn't make me some naive little poster on the internet who doesn't know how things work "in the real world." My husband was a sharp shooter in the military and participated in William Tell competitions regularly.

Anyone with decent gun skills could manage not to shoot to kill. Rarely is the intended target so far away that the only thing you can hit is the torso. A good shot to a knee or leg will just as easily get a criminal target down so they can be arrested.

If you can't understand that, then I'm glad you aren't cops.
Being a sharpshooter has nothing to do with a self defense situation.

All law enforcement, including the military, teach center mass shots to stop the deadly force threat. Being a sharp shooter in a competition is not even close to being in a deadly force situation.

There is no law enforcement agency, civilian or military, that teaches to "shoot in the leg" or any other nonsense. The reason is that when that weapon fires, it is firing because it is a deadly force situation, the area to target is center mass (torso) because that is the largest area, and the area most likely to neutralize the threat.

I just love it when people like you, with absolutely zero knowledge, experience, nor skills on law enforcement and self defense, come on preaching like you are some wealth of knowledge and what everyone should do in these fields. If you are just so damn knowledgeable, by all means, go tell all of them how to do things better.

Old 11-25-2014, 03:28 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
I have no more words for you. smh
Ugh, I know. I too hate it when people want to tell the truth instead of going off the lies told by others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events