Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 08:30 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,097,634 times

Advertisements

This is my biggest beef with the media. How does an individual know all the facts and truths about this case without it being manipulated by the media. The media manipulates the news for their own personal agenda and it really ****s everything up. Now I can't really know what the hell happened in this case. I know a black man was shot by a white police officer beyond that I'm not really sure what happened to this bull****.

35,066 posts, read 31,284,584 times
Sadly, common sense in this society gets you lynched by the liberal mob mentality.

5,661 posts, read 3,521,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
just wondering... Was there a toxicology on Brown. Was he high/drunk?
Never heard anything about this. would explain A LOT.
If I recall right, they found no drugs or alcohol in his system.
I could be recalling wrong though.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:34 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Than You View Post
Look it up yourself, it's a fact. Black males have a greater chance of being murdered by their own than by a cop, it's no secret. Sorry that the truth hurts your feelings.
Thats not what you originally wrote.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:35 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,022,901 times
Just saw an interview with Wilson, he struck me as very credible.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:40 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The OP may have done everything to raise a law abiding citizen, but kids have a habit of doing stupid . Sometimes those stupid acts get them killed by other people. There is no way to understand what someone is thinking when you've lost a child over something that did not have to happen. I refuse to make a judgement of a life that encompasses many years over a couple of minutes of rage over an awful situation.
That was not an example of a kid just "doing stupid". The video clearly showed him as a thief as well as a bully and a thug. That sort of behavior is NOT something that just happens. It is the way a person has been raised. My son has done some stupid things in his almost-22 years, but I can guarantee you that this sort of thuggish mentality is completely foreign to him, and to my nieces and nephews as well. We simply don't have that mindset...we were not raised that way, and we didn't raise our kids that way. When you have a kid, you might have a better understanding of this.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:41 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
I'm disgusted by some of the things you just said woman, have you lost your damn mind? Nobody body down playing Mike Brown part in this situation but he ran AWAY from the officer. If he had shot once or twice to I could maybe understand. You tell me why he had to shoot all them damn times? That damn cop started with those young men for WALKING IN THE STREET. Shooting him that many times was UNJUSTIFIED and you know it. By the way you're right racist come in all colors but do you know how hard it is for a black person to be a racist being what we've been going thru for over 400years till this day ourselves. Most black would never treat others the way we have been treated for such a LONG time. You need to look up the definition of racism and/or racist and tell what the hell the average black person would get out of being a racist. By the way who started racism? Ask your self that. Also ask your self why is it MOST of the time its black men getting murdered by cops? We hardly ever if ever hear this happening to white kids? You know why because white folks would not tolerate it and somebody would have a price to pay. A black life means nothing in this country and you know it. I'M PISSED
PISSED, and completely wrong....

Old 11-25-2014, 08:42 PM

677 posts, read 672,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
If I recall right, they found no drugs or alcohol in his system.
I could be recalling wrong though.
The way he pushed the guy around in the store, seems he may have just been a bully ... With or without drugs or alcohol. I'm glad he's gone.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:44 PM

677 posts, read 672,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Thats not what you originally wrote.
I didn't write anything.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:44 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
I certainly do not condone the behavior of anyone in the video, it's hard to really judge the mother based on what was going on. I mean she just found out, whether you agree with it or not, that the man that killed her son is going to walk away with no charges. That's a hard thing for anyone to accept whether the person's actions are justified or not. With that said, I think the step father is deplorable and I think neither one of them are helping with this matter by dealing with this publicly. One day, I hope she looks back at this video and regrets her and her husband's actions. They are in no way honoring any individual and are not going to change what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events