Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 10:44 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
CD has enough Mods on here we don't need you telling people what to post and what not to post.....And I've seen the Video before and it is still funny....
Thought it was funny as heck myself.

More posters these days seriously need to lighten up instead of raining on everyone's parade (threads)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2014, 11:35 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,315,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Don't worry. Some people are just so rigidly uptight about stuff like that.

Kind of like those who can't stop themselves from pointing out spelling, grammar and, believe it or not, punctuation errors.

It's just an annoying part of the www.
I don't want to get too off-topic, as the main topic of this post is the video, but I wanted to address the spelling/grammar correction issue.

I do agree that "uptight" types of persons can be annoying. Even so, I have to say, I am, at times, one of those who points out spelling errors and the like, and frankly I don't see what the big deal is about it, as long as you do so in a polite and cordial way, not in a mean-spirited and snotty sort of way just for the sake of being ugly and a show-off/know-it-all type of person. To me, it has nothing to do with "rigidity," it's about pointing out factual rights and wrongs and taking pride in doing things the proper way, especially when we are talking about facts here, not opinions. It's not someone's opinion that "The dog fell on it's rear" is wrong in terms of it's vs its, it's a fact. Correcting facts shouldn't be regarded as an annoying thing for a person to do, so long as they do so gently and without a haughty attitude.

I have no problems with the video being posted. Have at it, I say.

Last edited by shyguylh; 11-28-2014 at 11:48 AM..

Old 11-28-2014, 02:46 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
I hope the little old ladies got the guy's license number so they could get his insurance to pay for any damages but if they didn't, I'm sure they got some good satisfaction.

When he got to the part about the old lady beating the guy with the bible I just lost it. Too funny.

Regarding the age of the incident, a good story never gets old. So to the poster who objected to the fact that this took place some years ago but is being posted now, lighten up. The OP heard the story just last night. That's the "current" in the Current Events portion of our program. I believe this gives it a place in the Current Events Forum.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:41 PM

530 posts, read 901,761 times
Default Funny

Yea it was funny

Old 11-28-2014, 10:23 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
I'm not buying it.

It reminds me of those Roy Mercer "whoop azz" prank calls.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:07 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I'm not buying it.

It reminds me of those Roy Mercer "whoop azz" prank calls.
What ever its origins it makes a lot of people laugh,a better emotion IMO than being glum and dour something i'm seeing way too much of these days..

Old 11-29-2014, 07:24 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What ever its origins it makes a lot of people laugh,a better emotion IMO than being glum and dour something i'm seeing way too much of these days..

Um....as Martha Stewart might say, "Reading comprehension is a good thing."

I didn't say you shouldn't post it, and I didn't tell you where to post it. I simply stated that I wasn't buying it as a real clip. BTW, I happen to have liked the Roy Mercer radio prank spots, but I never cared for Ruth Buzzi's swatting-men-with-her-purse schtick. We all have our standards.

Don't be so defensive.

Old 11-29-2014, 02:50 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

Um....as Martha Stewart might say, "Reading comprehension is a good thing."

I didn't say you shouldn't post it, and I didn't tell you where to post it. I simply stated that I wasn't buying it as a real clip. BTW, I happen to have liked the Roy Mercer radio prank spots, but I never cared for Ruth Buzzi's swatting-men-with-her-purse schtick. We all have our standards.

Don't be so defensive.
Wasnt being defensive i was just pointing out the origins of the piece are irrelevant. enjoy it for what it is..

Old 12-05-2014, 06:56 AM

404 posts, read 385,464 times
I've never seen this before. It made me laugh.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:52 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
If only this guy recorded it. That would have been some funny azz schit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events