Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 04:25 PM

125 posts, read 134,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottkuzminski View Post
Not to mention his cheating on Yoko(with her girlfriend)...but who is perfect?......I did feel sorry for Julian getting the crap end of the stick, same as his mum..

Wait a sec, what does this have to do with Black Friday? Yipes...

Looks like, per the above, they all made up and are happy..time heals all wounds, and Lennon was indeed great, no way to slice that any other way..life itself is not perfect, but music is, and lasts forever...
It's ok he wasn't a bad person because he made good music?

No one in that picture looks happy, healed, or natural. Looks forced. Not surprised. Yoko is the queen of manipulation. We're talking about the woman who picked her husband's own mistress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 04:32 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giveitome View Post
They'd need money for that. They'd probably just wait outside and rob you or come to your house. I used to live in an apartment. About three months after moving in, this lady come right up to me in the area where the mailboxes were and asked me if I could give her money, because her welfare and child support wasn't "enough" to last her through the month. I had just began my career. I didn't have any thing. I tried to play it nice and she kept begging. I finally got nasty (after being badgered for ten minutes and NOT wanting this lady in my apartment) and said "It's not really my problem". She said "I'll make it your problem!". I thought she was just threatening me. Two months later, I was robbed and they my personal belongs that had sentimental value (like pictures and religious items) were broken. These sorts, for the most part, are able and capable of working, but they don't want to. Giving them hand outs only reinforces their belief of "I don't have to work". They're not afraid of jail. Jail is free housing, food, and their friends (and sometimes family) are there. Jail also means a nice stay in a half way house and more jobs won't hire them when they get out.
I am so sorry that happened to you. I can believe it was that woman. This is also why people who rent in nice apartments do not like Section 8 in their building. They sort of stand around, and hang out and give neighbors who pay rent a queasy unsafe feeling, so while you are away at work, they have all day to go shopping - in your apartment.

Did you ever get closure about this situation.. was the criminal(s) caught? did that criminal neighbor give you the stink eye after that?

Yes i know theres some nice Section 8 but the IDIOTS and CRIMINALS AND THUGS have made it bad for the nice senior granny on Section 8.

Old 11-29-2014, 05:27 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
It's ok he wasn't a bad person because he made good music?

No one in that picture looks happy, healed, or natural. Looks forced. Not surprised. Yoko is the queen of manipulation. We're talking about the woman who picked her husband's own mistress.
you must have been a quivering mess for a long, long time just waiting for the slightest reference to Lenon to come along so that you could get all this out of your system, congratulations on your success

now how 'bout we turn our attention to that fat tub of pharmaceutical goo... Elvis Presley?

Old 11-29-2014, 06:32 PM

607 posts, read 761,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
you must have been a quivering mess for a long, long time just waiting for the slightest reference to Lenon to come along so that you could get all this out of your system, congratulations on your success

now how 'bout we turn our attention to that fat tub of pharmaceutical goo... Elvis Presley?
moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 12-01-2014 at 03:20 AM..

Old 11-29-2014, 06:39 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
They'd need money for that. They'd probably just wait outside and rob you or come to your house. I used to live in an apartment. About three months after moving in, this lady come right up to me in the area where the mailboxes were and asked me if I could give her money, because her welfare and child support wasn't "enough" to last her through the month. I had just began my career. I didn't have any thing. I tried to play it nice and she kept begging. I finally got nasty (after being badgered for ten minutes and NOT wanting this lady in my apartment) and said "It's not really my problem". She said "I'll make it your problem!". I thought she was just threatening me. Two months later, I was robbed and they my personal belongs that had sentimental value (like pictures and religious items) were broken. These sorts, for the most part, are able and capable of working, but they don't want to. Giving them hand outs only reinforces their belief of "I don't have to work". They're not afraid of jail. Jail is free housing, food, and their friends (and sometimes family) are there. Jail also means a nice stay in a half way house and more jobs won't hire them when they get out.
Did you report the burglary to the police?

Old 11-29-2014, 10:05 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,028,651 times
And they wonder why minimum-wage retail workers don't want to work on Thanksgiving.....

Old 11-30-2014, 01:19 AM

7,079 posts, read 8,941,070 times
Default Black Friday 1983 vs Today

Old 11-30-2014, 04:16 AM

122 posts, read 96,425 times
Quote:
Solutions:
1. Never lease an apartment in a building that has no surveillance cameras.
2. Home security system.
I hope she gets caught. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Congratulations. As I recall, they posted first.
It's so easy to separate the music from the artist. It's also very easy to separate the lyrics from any percieved cause.
As for me, I don;t care who Lenon was and his lyrics make him seem like a total dreamer. He definitely wasn't somebody I woulda liked or "followed". But I do like a lot of his music and I don't need any approval for that.

ON-TOPIC:
The Black Friday videos look really scary. But it's also the only times I've seen the inside of a Wal-Mart or those other shops. My favorite solution is just to wait for groceries to arrive (somebody already deals with that) and do any other shopping on-line. I seriously doubt that those shops have anything I need and it's tons more fun shopping at specialty shops and places with much better crowd control (when crowds are involved).

As for holidays - that's quality time for family and friends, not shopping. And especially not shopping with those huge crowds.
Interesting. I just discovered there is a rep-function on these posts. I had reps and I didn't know until now. Cool.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:21 AM

22 posts, read 19,560 times
Honestly, I don't understand this whole black friday thing. I am not much of a consumerist after all I got a TV from 1990 and I am fine with that my phone is the thing that gets updated every 4 or 5 years but that's about it. I don't understand half of the crap they try to sell to people now a days and how it is supposed to "enrich" people's lives. People are in debt and working for crap they cannot afford, and obviously the people in retail are working on Black Friday and Thanksgiving day instead of being with their families stuffing their faces. Half the time they don't really get to see their kids during the regular non holiday days because they are working their shifts and kids go to school, I am not a parent but I have worked in a store chain and had to work holidays and with the pay it was not easy to fill the car and go to work, how do these people afford these things? I mean people complain when milk prices go up and that they don't have enough fuel in the car ( like what happened in 2009 when the gallon went up 4 dollars a gallon) and yet they can afford these things they can live without, some how.
I rather just go without crap like that and be sitting at my house not getting knocked over by no one, it's not like computers back in the day that one could do stuff the other can't or read graphics the other can't, basically most computers can read programs from newer computers one way or another like games and stuff like that obviously not high tech programs that one has to write fancy codes on but usually nothing major changes recently from a 2008 computer to a 2014 computer besides the software that got updated some how and I can watch HD videos now but that's about it, nothing major. Anyway point being here is I do not understand consumerism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events