Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 01:42 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Woman kicked off flight after pet pig stinks up plane | New York Post

"Emotional support animals - including pigs - are allowed on flights, under federal rules drafted in 2012.
Monkeys, cats and even miniature horses all qualify as “emotional support” animals.
It’s up to transportation officials to decide which animals are too disruptive to travel on an airplanes.
I think pigs are kinda cute, and wouldn't mind flying with one, BUT this "emotional support animal" thing is out of control!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 04:02 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
The world has gone crazy.
My husband needed oxygen equipment on a plane just so he wouldn't die and really freak out the other passengers but there were still size restrictions that it had to fit under the seat, like any carry-on.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:04 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
american and us airlines have been removed from my list of acceptable carriers. ADA and civil rights have gone way too far.
Whilst we poor ole regular passengers have NO rights at all - according to the TSA. Taking our shoes off; submitting to the full body x ray OR pat down - both of which are totally useless according to TSA's own employees.

I do think that the classification of a pig as a 'service' animal is really stretching it. That said, I can't tell you how many yorkie owners (I have one) know how to get their dog *classified* as a service dog so they can take the dog shopping in their purse.

This makes me angry for the REAL service dogs and the people that actually need them.

I would be more than livid if my seat passenger was a pooping pig.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

PSA ~ can we stop trying to turn EVERY thread into black vs white; Democrat vs. Republican, and who did or did not vote for Obama????????

Old 11-30-2014, 10:12 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
American Airlines and US Airways allow "emotional support animals" if the owner has documentation from a licensed mental health professional or a doctor. This allowed a passenger to bring a stinky pig on board a US airways flight.

"Oh my Lord, where is she going to put that animal," Skolnik wrote. "I am burying my face in my sweater to hide from the stench. ... Now I, who dreads a dog coming too close, am contemplating an hour next to a big pig on the lap of my fellow [passenger]." And then it got worse: The pig pooped.

"That's when the woman began talking to the pig like it was a person, said Rob Phelps of Haydenville, Mass., another passenger who was seated near Skolnik. "You're being a jerk" was one of the nicer comments the woman made to the pig, he said on Saturday.

The crazy woman and her emotional support pig were then asked to leave the plane but the stink remained.

Pooping Pig And Its Owner Booted From Bradley Flight - Hartford Courant

I guess the Muslims wont be flying American airlines..

Old 11-30-2014, 10:12 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
If she would have dressed the pig in a TSA uniform and strapped a gun on it no one would have complained. Whats a little poop harm when its for your safety.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:17 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Quote:
American Airlines and US Airways allow "emotional support animals" if the owner has documentation from a licensed mental health professional or a doctor. This allowed a passenger to bring a stinky pig on board a US airways flight.

"Oh my Lord, where is she going to put that animal," Skolnik wrote. "I am burying my face in my sweater to hide from the stench. ... Now I, who dreads a dog coming too close, am contemplating an hour next to a big pig on the lap of my fellow [passenger]." And then it got worse: The pig pooped.

"That's when the woman began talking to the pig like it was a person, said Rob Phelps of Haydenville, Mass., another passenger who was seated near Skolnik. "You're being a jerk" was one of the nicer comments the woman made to the pig, he said on Saturday.

The crazy woman and her emotional support pig were then asked to leave the plane but the stink remained.

Pooping Pig And Its Owner Booted From Bradley Flight - Hartford Courant
If you need an animal for emotional support, you belong in a medical care facility.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:20 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Why are you anti-science, and anti-medicine? In this case the pig was duly prescribed by a licensed mental health professional. This is settled science, and you're a denier.

There's better ways to deal with fear of flying. Mainly, pills. No one needs a freakin pig. I work for an airline...everyone knows "emotional support animals" are bs 9 times out of 10

PS-- dogs are still a better choice than pigs. This is a plane, not a damn farm

Old 11-30-2014, 10:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I will believe this story when pigs fly.
Won't be too long now..the pig actually made it on the plane. If it just held that poop until takeoff it wouldn't have been booted

Old 11-30-2014, 10:26 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Won't be too long now..the pig actually made it on the plane. If it just held that poop until takeoff it wouldn't have been booted
Oh....ewwww......poor passengers...LOL!! *GAG*

Old 11-30-2014, 11:31 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Geico thinks pigs should fly..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JxcGjIWzD8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events