Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 08:40 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,057,616 times

Advertisements

While this article is poorly written ( some typos and the use of the word override when the correct term would be over-write ) the message is still the same. If they were able to get inside one of the networks controlling the grid, we would be in big trouble.

Mercifully, they only attacked Sony. This time.

Exclusive: FBI warns of 'destructive' malware in wake of Sony attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 08:50 AM

23,769 posts, read 28,907,768 times
Fellow Troglodytes: this is the sign we have been waiting for, begin gathering at your assigned rendezvous areas and await your target assignments.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Fellow Troglodytes: this is the sign we have been waiting for, begin gathering at your assigned rendezvous areas and await your target assignments.
Laugh all you want, my friend. This is serious, but not sexy or divisive enough to catch the imagination of the general public . I've seen the destruction that can be unleashed with a keyboard.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:36 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,420,961 times
We have become so dependent on the cyber world, even a power loss can be a major shutdown.

An intentional glitch in the internal system can be devastating.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:54 AM

276 posts, read 336,125 times
Hah, I can see it now. The grid is shut down for months and the looters are stealing flat-screen TVs with nowhere to plug them in.

Old 12-03-2014, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neosec View Post
Hah, I can see it now. The grid is shut down for months and the looters are stealing flat-screen TVs with nowhere to plug them in.
If the grid went down for months, society would fall apart in the cities. Plugging in a tv would be the least of anyone's worries.

No lights, traffic or otherwise. No refrigeration for food. No clean water, because that system is run by electricity. No ventilators or dialysis for sick people. All of your money is in the bank, or the market? Sorry bout that. Gas pumps? Not sure, but I think there's an electric component to those too.

In short, it would be a disaster. The internet and tv? We can do without those, but our reliance on the grid for our very lives is a serious matter.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:45 AM

18,132 posts, read 15,546,189 times
Quote:
Hmmmm. Yes. Quite funny. Till the Men in Black roll up at your house. Lol . Such quips are a good way to pop up on the radar. Somebody, somewhere, is not laughing. Maybe it sounds silly, farfetched, whatever, but such comment does not go ignored these days. Do have fun. Maybe next time you can tell us about your hit list. I'm sure the NSA and DHS will find that packed with mirth as well. Good day....

Old 12-03-2014, 07:28 AM

23,769 posts, read 28,907,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Hmmmm. Yes. Quite funny. Till the Men in Black roll up at your house. Lol . Such quips are a good way to pop up on the radar. Somebody, somewhere, is not laughing. Maybe it sounds silly, farfetched, whatever, but such comment does not go ignored these days. Do have fun. Maybe next time you can tell us about your hit list. I'm sure the NSA and DHS will find that packed with mirth as well. Good day....
huh, what...Johnny Cash impersonators?

is everyone in Nevada hunkered down at this point?

Old 12-03-2014, 08:25 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,504,012 times
Quote:
I'm on the list for Whiskey and bourbon!!

Old 12-03-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
huh, what...Johnny Cash impersonators?

is everyone in Nevada hunkered down at this point?
I've been to Area 51. Those boys have NO sense of humor.

Back to topic, the article did not say how the payload was delivered, but mentioned that some of the code was compiled in Korean. Interestingly enough, North Korea just launched a new website promoting tourism, which is even stranger given the fact that they have banned all tourists because of Ebola fears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events