Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2014, 08:24 PM

172 posts, read 158,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
States in the South have high participation in Welfare programs because the South doesn't believe in productivity. It's not the people, but their governments that have lead the states in a horrible direction. They have no interest in being self-sufficient and growing their economy to sustain their people.
That's odd, you probably didn't know that the South used to be Democrat until relatively recently. Or maybe you did know that and that's why you said what you did.

Also, I always enjoy asking liberals: if red states are on welfare, then why is it that Republicans always try to cut welfare and are opposed by Democrats? You wouldn't believe the convoluted answers I get to that. Care to take a shot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 08:25 PM

698 posts, read 794,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuckooman View Post
That must be why everyone from New Jersey moves to southern states. They heard that there was welfare there.
You never stop pushing falsehoods

New Jersey holds third place for the lowest Food Stamp Participation rate IN THE US 8.6%

http://www.statisticbrain.com/food-stamp-statistics/

Last edited by CaliforniaGal1; 12-13-2014 at 08:36 PM..

Old 12-13-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal1 View Post
You never stop pushing falsehoods

New Jersey holds third place for the lowest Food Stamp Participation rate IN THE NATION

Food Stamp Statistics | Statistic Brain
Still not sure what participation percentage means? Did you want me to give you a hint? Because I don't mind.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:30 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,043,718 times
Quote:
That's odd, you probably didn't know that the South used to be Democrat until relatively recently. Or maybe you did know that and that's why you said what you did.
Of course I knew that. I'm American. It's really not a democratic/republican issue. The South, in general, is a horrible mess across the board. They're a leeching off of the rest of the nation financially. They've been given ample opportunity to become productive and have repeatedly failed. It's a result of the government officials they elect. They rather keep receiving the handouts than become a productive contribution to the rest of the nation.
Quote:

Also, I always enjoy asking liberals: if red states are on welfare, then why is it that Republicans always try to cut welfare and are opposed by Democrats? You wouldn't believe the convoluted answers I get to that. Care to take a shot?
Do you ask yourself that a lot? Maybe because your liberal mind is confused about North and South vs Democratic and Republican. Not all republican states are horrible. Not all democratic states are great. When you look at the Southern states, you'll notice their leaching trend. In both, red and blue regions.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
You seem to not know what percentage participation means. Either that or you think all of the states have equal populations. I can't tell which one.
Participation percentage is what makes this relevant. It's what makes it a fair comparison among states with different populations. So at least the numbers on that chart are meaningful.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
You seem to not know what percentage participation means. Either that or you think all of the states have equal populations. I can't tell which one.
You have been given the table which gives the percentage of food stamp participation rate PER STATE.

California is #42 out of 50.

New Jersey is 47 out of 50 States so the third LOWEST participation rate in the US.

You are now trolling.

Your posts need to be reported from here on out.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Of course I knew that. I'm American.
Then knowing that should explain to you why things are as they are.

Quote:
Participation percentage is what makes this relevant. It's what makes it a fair comparison among states with different populations. So at least the numbers on that chart are meaningful.
Wrong. That would be "per capita" which would allow you to make a fair comparison. Now you know.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal1 View Post
You have been given the table which gives the percentage of food stamp participation rate PER STATE.

California is #42 out of 50.

New Jersey is 47 out of 50 States so the third LOWEST participation rate in the Nation.

You are now trolling.

Your posts need to be reported from here on out.
She may not be trolling. She may actually be that poorly educated. You have to give people the benefit of the doubt when discussing these things. Just because you're competent and able to understand that chart, doesn't mean that everyone else is without explanation.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
She may not be trolling. She may actually be that poorly educated. You have to give people the benefit of the doubt when discussing these things. Just because you're competent and able to understand that chart, doesn't mean that everyone else is without explanation.
This post is dripping with irony.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Still not sure what participation percentage means? Did you want me to give you a hint? Because I don't mind.
You have been reported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events