U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-16-2014, 09:54 AM
 
14,174 posts, read 6,419,666 times
Reputation: 14634

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Rice didn't move his hand to his waist. It's clear as day in the video that the kid didn't have a chance to do ANYTHING. It seems he ran over to the car, because he was called by the officers and then when he did "the loser coward that never should have been on the force to begin with" shot him.

Of course, the 12 year old black male child FRIGHTENED him to such an extent that he could no longer "reason" as if it was a 12 year old WHITE CHILD.
Exactly & the fact that there are people who insist on blaming this kid instead of getting a clue & seeing the reality disgusts me.

 
Old 12-16-2014, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,661 posts, read 6,271,423 times
Reputation: 11477
Quote:
Originally Posted by local2rtp View Post
Check the video. It is impossible to utter any command repeatedly in the time it took the cop to get out of the car and the boy to be shot. Never mind that he appears to have not given the boy even the remotest chance of comprehending the commands, leave alone reacting to them before being killed.

I am willing to bet that without the surveillance video we would have been left wondering. But with that video, as long as it has not been doctored, what happened is horrifying. That child should not have been killed.

That's a point I've heard some make, but it doesn't address whether the cops uttered those commands as they pulled up vs only as the car came to a stop. If the former, one can easily see how the officers' story rings true. We simply don't know at this point and trying to definitively conclude that they did or didn't utter those commands the number of times as claimed is reckless at this point.
 
Old 12-16-2014, 10:20 AM
 
14,174 posts, read 6,419,666 times
Reputation: 14634
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
That's a point I've heard some make, but it doesn't address whether the cops uttered those commands as they pulled up vs only as the car came to a stop. If the former, one can easily see how the officers' story rings true. We simply don't know at this point and trying to definitively conclude that they did or didn't utter those commands the number of times as claimed is reckless at this point.
Did you see the video? Can you in all honesty say that even if the cops did say that 3 times that shooting that kid within like 3 seconds of pulling up & getting out of the car was warranted? Honestly? Do you think that telling a kid 3 times to put down the gun & then shooting him within 3 seconds is enough time? You don't think perhaps they shot that kid in haste?
 
Old 12-16-2014, 10:27 AM
 
6,473 posts, read 10,399,977 times
Reputation: 6347
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Did you see the video? Can you in all honesty say that even if the cops did say that 3 times that shooting that kid within like 3 seconds of pulling up & getting out of the car was warranted? Honestly? Do you think that telling a kid 3 times to put down the gun & then shooting him within 3 seconds is enough time? You don't think perhaps they shot that kid in haste?
The video PROVES there was no way the cops said ANYTHING 3xs to the kid, because he was murdered in exactly TWO SECONDS.

The cops didn't count on the video DISPROVING their lies and they probably thought their police department would mimic's Ferguson in corruptness defending them which they are not. Good for the police chief of that police department for doing the right thing.
 
Old 12-16-2014, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Portland, OR
9,608 posts, read 9,839,376 times
Reputation: 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
We simply don't know at this point and trying to definitively conclude that they did or didn't utter those commands the number of times as claimed is reckless at this point.
You're right. I have a friend who is an auctioneer. He could have done it. Put yourself in the shoes of a 12 year old, if you can. You know you are in trouble, you aren't sure why. You think it might have something to do with the BLAM!! You know... if this is the kind of thing that could happen to just anybody... given the fact that there are so many more white kids than black ones... I mean like 10 times more! Why isn't this kind of thing not happening on a routine basis in white neighborhoods? Go ahead, keep blindly insisting that its the fault of black men who won't pull up their pants. I thought Occupy Wall Street 2.0 was going to be the next big thing... I was wrong... ... won't take many more of these till we have a repeat of the 60's. Didn't take long did it. I was barely born when Watts burned and I am just out of middle age and it will soon be burning again. Why? Because no one has learned anything in the intervening time. White people don't want to understand anything about how their policies affect the lives of black people. Fine. It will be white businesses that are torched, white owned cars that are torched, the blacks in those areas don't have much worth losing. Not even their lives.

H
 
Old 12-16-2014, 10:46 AM
 
Location: Central Florida
3,368 posts, read 1,794,310 times
Reputation: 11446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You're right. I have a friend who is an auctioneer. He could have done it. Put yourself in the shoes of a 12 year old, if you can. You know you are in trouble, you aren't sure why. You think it might have something to do with the BLAM!! You know... if this is the kind of thing that could happen to just anybody... given the fact that there are so many more white kids than black ones... I mean like 10 times more! Why isn't this kind of thing not happening on a routine basis in white neighborhoods? Go ahead, keep blindly insisting that its the fault of black men who won't pull up their pants. I thought Occupy Wall Street 2.0 was going to be the next big thing... I was wrong... ... won't take many more of these till we have a repeat of the 60's. Didn't take long did it. I was barely born when Watts burned and I am just out of middle age and it will soon be burning again. Why? Because no one has learned anything in the intervening time. White people don't want to understand anything about how their policies affect the lives of black people. Fine. It will be white businesses that are torched, white owned cars that are torched, the blacks in those areas don't have much worth losing. Not even their lives.

H
So you are saying that the white businesses will be in danger because of what??? How does torching an anonymous store owner's place of business solve anything? Are you saying the blacks in those areas do not have the ability to peacefully protest? What are you implying???
 
Old 12-16-2014, 11:32 AM
 
Location: Portland, OR
9,608 posts, read 9,839,376 times
Reputation: 9238
Default I Can't Breathe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
So you are saying that the white businesses will be in danger because of what??? How does torching an anonymous store owner's place of business solve anything? Are you saying the blacks in those areas do not have the ability to peacefully protest? What are you implying???
Of course black people have the ability to peacefully protest. That's whats been happening just about daily in Ferguson since Brown was killed. There was a huge march in DC that was organized to be peaceful and mostly stayed that way. And? This should be the black position for how long? How many more Brown's, Garners, Rice's or Martin's until we reach the conclusion that perhaps something more persuasive is called for? What would be your breaking point? I'm suggesting that that breaking point is not too very far off. Sadly the businesses that predominate in communities of color... majority black areas... are white and asian owned. That's just the way it is... insurance adjusters should be nervous. Unless I way miss my guess, race relations between blacks and everybody else in America are going to reach a new low in 2015.

H
 
Old 12-16-2014, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Central Florida
3,368 posts, read 1,794,310 times
Reputation: 11446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Of course black people have the ability to peacefully protest. That's whats been happening just about daily in Ferguson since Brown was killed. There was a huge march in DC that was organized to be peaceful and mostly stayed that way. And? This should be the black position for how long? How many more Brown's, Garners, Rice's or Martin's until we reach the conclusion that perhaps something more persuasive is called for? What would be your breaking point? I'm suggesting that that breaking point is not too very far off. Sadly the businesses that predominate in communities of color... majority black areas... are white and asian owned. That's just the way it is... insurance adjusters should be nervous. Unless I way miss my guess, race relations between blacks and everybody else in America are going to reach a new low in 2015.

H
I must of seen a different version of peaceful protesting in Ferguson. I saw complete lack of control with stores robbed, broken glass everywhere. Fires started by "peaceful" protesters all over the place. If there is going to be a threat of more violence which you are implying, good luck with that. Act like civilized people and you will be more likely to be taken seriously. Act like they did in Ferguson and nothing will change. I was actually impressed by the store owners self control. I was expecting to see one of them open fire on these "peaceful" protesters. These owners had their whole business set on fire and ruined by these idiots with no self respect or control.
 
Old 12-16-2014, 11:47 AM
 
3,764 posts, read 3,500,076 times
Reputation: 8933
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
That's the point. When speaking of 'black leaders,' one can look to particular people or organizations that generally advocate for, lobby, influence, organize on behalf of black people. From black students to black professionals to black businesses, organizations and leaders emerge. That does not mean ALL 40 Million black people blindly obey one, two, or three of those leaders.
True, but 90-95% of black people vote for left wing Democrats like Obama. There's no ambiguity there.

It's ironic because left wingers are clueless about fixing the very economic problems that plague the black community -- lack of industry, unemployment, urban blight, etc.

If the black voting bloc wanted better economic opportunity, they ought to vote Republican. But they would rather listen to their leaders like Jesse Jackson who have led them down the garden path.
 
Old 12-16-2014, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Portland, OR
9,608 posts, read 9,839,376 times
Reputation: 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
If the black voting bloc wanted better economic opportunity, they ought to vote Republican. But they would rather listen to their leaders like Jesse Jackson who have led them down the garden path.
That's just plain incorrect. Even Democrats when they reach a certain level of net worth are unlikely to see much point for, or have much enthusiasm for the kinds of reforms that would be necessary to trickle more wealth down to the social milieu that the majority of blacks in this country inhabit. Rebublicans are a lost cause entirely. The scorched earth, individual determination mindset only works when you do not have to face down institutional racism every day. The number of black people who do not have to run that guantlet is limited to Oprah, Michael Jordan and Chris Rock. At least Rock hasn't completely turned his back on the brothers still out in the cold. To be fair I don't think it is Oprah's (or Michael Jordan's) job to make the world safe for black people. That is everybody's job. And as long as everybody isn't doing it we are going to continue to have underperforming black people predominate. There are underperforming white people you know. The difference is they aren't shot at for being uneducated and out of options. You don't have mandatory minimum sentences dooming huge numbers of white teens to life behind bars. Republicans want to continue these policies. I will NOT add my precious vote to their agenda. No! Hell no!

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top