Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 02:38 PM

621 posts, read 979,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Do you have that video/link?
Google "Tamir Rice video" and select whichever source you deem reliable. When I saw it, I was shocked. That child died a sad death due to an incompetent cop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 02:41 PM

21,700 posts, read 24,920,758 times
Quote:
Nope. It makes it exactly what it was at the time:

An object which any reasonable person would identify as a firearm, which the suspect immediately reached for when told to raise his hands.
It was a real gun, which is what made it a real gun. It wasn't a firearm although it was made to look like one.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:41 PM

621 posts, read 979,637 times
Quote:
Look, I get that you don't have a job that deals with stuff like this, you haven't encountered violent people, and you're ignorant about things, okay? I'm going to just leave it there.
Unfortunately, at least for this post, the ignorance appears to be on your part. Check the video and you will see what transpired. No way that child could have been provided a warning, leave alone multiple times. Let's not even get into how much you can comprehend and react to within two seconds.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:42 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,968,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by local2rtp View Post
Google "Tamir Rice video" and select whichever source you deem reliable. When I saw it, I was shocked. That child died a sad death due to an incompetent cop.
haven't seen it, checking it out.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:00 PM

192 posts, read 247,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Ah, racism...

The NYPD is majority nonwhite, and majority NYC residents. A huge proportion of the NYPD is Hispanic and Asian. A majority of commanding officers are nonwhite too. The two victims today were nonwhite.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your diatribe. Please continue...
The majority of commanding officers? You're joking? The majority of decision makers? Nope. Who was the last non-white NYPD head? Those are facts. Facts are latino, asian black officers have to police some of the worst most high crime parts of the city.

http://nypost.com/2014/09/08/nypd-is...k-city-itself/

cite your sources before you bark. Facts hurt. Showing the mirror to white America hurts.Only a decade after murdering 500,000 Iraqi children, can white people have the audacity to be afraid of minorities lmfao....you can't make this ****t up.

Whites make up 33% of the city, yet nearly double that rate in police (you know the easy, unionized, never get fired, early retirement, start you career off with 6 weeks of paid leave as the majority of youth in this country go broke and unemployed). You want a few more statistics, since you think 'black crime is a statistic?' : 1)Asian American officers aren't murdering unarmed black children at the rate white officers are 2) For the amount of wealth and human capital (ie Indian Americans engineerings being the #1 disproportionate growth engine behind NYC start ups) Asian Americans hold, they have an awfully low presence in public bureacracy like that mentioned above. Speak about entitlement again white people.

Whites are THE MOST ENTITLED PEOPLE in this country. Bar none. ANd they refuse to see the facts. Those are statistics. Not heasay or bull****t. Sources given.

This is just at the city level. What do you think Halliburton/Iraq/Cheney were at the national/international level. War is just another way that a bunch of lazy no technical skills whites, who add no value like Asians Americans do with engineering medicine science, to steal everyone elses wealth

Why am I so upset about this? Because I grew up in NYC. From an Asian American background, to see Asian Americans, come from the poorest districts and countries in the world, receive no affirmative action, and still be given nothing for our merit. The majority of my teachers, never understood what it was like to struggle. Majority of them were Irish Italian LI Westchester Nassau commuters, and I remember many racist, subtle most of the time, experiences with them .

For me white black etc doesn't matter at all. It's the extreme lack of thanklessness that civil servants at all levels (local, state, federal) show to people they are suppose to SERVE, in an economy, where a generation of youth have been destroyed. THEY serve us. PERIOD. Their employment/approach in a tough situation etc should reflect OUR interests, demographics, our liberties, not their's.

Last edited by zetsui; 12-21-2014 at 03:26 PM..

Old 12-21-2014, 03:06 PM

16,366 posts, read 8,461,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
When did Obama demonize police officers as being racist?

As another poster goes on to point out, there are so many, I find it hard to believe you can ask such a question. Start with the Professor Gates incident and work forward. Heck listen to his recent news clip with what appears to be a black LEO on his right sitting at a white house conference.

Also if you come back with a retort, please do not be so obtuse to say he didn't use those exact words. He, unlike any other president in memory injects himself into all sorts of local LE matters, always coming down on the side of the black person involved. Many times well before all the facts are even in. So to does AG Holder, who is clearly on the side "of his people". The guy is so overtly racist, he cannot run for cover no matter how the complicit media tried to make excuses for his many actions/comments. Can you even imagine how the media and race baiters would have reacted if a white AG spoke before some of the same type of groups (in reverse) and made the same type of comments as Holder?

Anyway, love Obama or not, he and his appointees have made a mess of race relations it will take us years to recover from. Lets just pray it does not get any worse before it gets better.

`

Old 12-21-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by local2rtp View Post
Unfortunately, at least for this post, the ignorance appears to be on your part. Check the video and you will see what transpired. No way that child could have been provided a warning, leave alone multiple times. Let's not even get into how much you can comprehend and react to within two seconds.
Disagree. I've given people multiple warnings in under 2 seconds. Also, you have to understand the security video is very slow frame-rate. 2 seconds on it is 4-5 or so. Also, as a data-point, yes, I can draw and have lead on target at the distance those officers were from the suspect in WELL UNDER 2 seconds. Multiple shots by the 2 second mark. Things happen so fast when you're not viewing them on Channel 6...

Old 12-21-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsui View Post
The majority of commanding officers? You're joking? The majority of decision makers? Nope. Who was the last non-white NYPD head? Those are facts. Facts are latino, asian black officers have to police some of the worst most high crime parts of the city.

NYPD is as diverse as New York City itself: study | New York Post

cite your sources before you bark. Facts hurt. Whites make up 33% of the city, yet nearly double that rate in police (you know the easy, unionized, never get fired, early retirement, start you career off with 6 weeks of paid leave as the majority of youth in this country go broke and unemployed).

Whites are THE MOST ENTITLED PEOPLE in this country. Bar none. ANd they refuse to see the facts. Those are statistics. Not heasay or bull****t. Sources given.

This is just at the city level. What do you think Halliburton/Iraq/Cheney were at the national/international level. Just another way that a bunch of lazy no technical skills whites, who add no value like Asians Americans do with engineering medicine science, to steal everyone elses wealth
Majority of young people aren't broke and unemployed.
For the 18-24 demographic, Asians have the lowest unemployment rate, 10.9%. Youth unemployment in blacks is more than double than for whites.

Your post pretty much speaks for itself, however. You've clearly got issues.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Hrmmm....50, live at home, virgin, White supremacist, White.

That's your image of me?

Well, all I can say is that I hope you have better intuition out in the real world, because the only accurate thing about me in the rundown you've given over the last few pages is my skin color.
Also pervert, Marilyn's favorite adjective for describing anyone she disagrees with.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Also pervert, Marilyn's favorite adjective for describing anyone she disagrees with.
Why can't I be a "Super Negro"? LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events