Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2014, 03:50 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,714,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
That was only one hour's worth of cop hatred she posted in her article. Scary. I can honestly see a war coming down the line...
Wow. Not that we don't know that people who feel that way exist...

Again, I'm particularly struck by the hatred and lack of empathy displayed by young women for the children of these officers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 04:01 PM

16,172 posts, read 8,319,406 times
I like this commentary by Paul Harvey put in video form by someone on Youtube;

`

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEvZBKwvE0k

`

Old 12-22-2014, 04:21 PM

192 posts, read 247,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
You cited some crap you made up, and I called you out for it. NYC poverty rate is nowhere even close to 50%. I gave you numbers and facts. You're not interested in real ones. You're interested in the flatulence you emit from your behind.

It has nothing to do with arrogant. The stats aren't mine. They are not a reflection of my opinion of myself or my abilities. Maybe you're just confused and don't know what arrogance means?
Half Of New York City Is Living In Near Poverty Cite your sources

Old 12-22-2014, 04:30 PM

192 posts, read 247,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I really hope these events lead to stricter penalties because the US Criminal Law system is a joke.

Someone like the shooter would be executed in other parts of the world long time ago before they get to commit more crimes.

Of course we have a world where politicians, lawyers, and judges live in secluded upper-class neighborhoods away from majority of people where criminals live and roam so daily crime does not affect them as much and they don't care if a rapist continues to rape they just apply the law and barter with the lawyer that may slip them some extra $$.
Yeah executed in civil places like Iran Saudi Arabia China, not given rehabiliation like Scandinavia

Old 12-22-2014, 05:10 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,866,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
With all the stuff that's happened since Zimmerman got off, I doubt very seriously Trayvon attacked him first.

Trayvon's case really, really bothered me, because all this kid was doing was minding his own business walking home to his father's house, while talking on the phone with a friend until that bastard came in his vicinity.

Trayvon could have easily been you or I on that fateful evening, because I never would have stopped for Zimmerman either. He's not wearing a uniform and he LOOKS like some crazed freak. Remember, this is FLORIDA we're talking about.

To be honest with you, I don't want Bill to continue being "friends" with Sharpton. I'm disturbed now. My energy is low. I really can't put into words how much I despise Sharpton, especially after his treatment of a poor immigrant Korean grocer back in the day.

The owner kicked the boy out of his store for stealing, but didn't call the police. Sharpton got involved, called it racism and picketed that man's establishment for what seemed like months. It later emerged that Koreans do NOT call the police when they have problems, because they don't like or trust law enforcement, so they handle it themselves. We found this out maybe a couple of weeks after the incident. Another thing is that people were upset that foreign businesses weren't hiring people from the neighborhoods to work the stores. Well, these are FAMILY businesses, so they utilize their kin for that stuff.

Things eventually changed and they began hiring one or two people from the neighborhoods they had businesses in to work their stores which was a good thing. People felt more comfortable shopping in them.

But even after finding all this out, Sharpton STILL had his people picketing that man's store while leaving all the other businesses alone. I thought this was horrible and to this day, I hate him for it (and a few other things).
Yes, we know that (in your opinion) everything bad that happens to a black person is somebody else's fault, that's been made very clear over the last few weeks.

3 juries have been empaneled and reached a decision. Since none of us here were in any of the jury rooms nor have we seen/heard all the evidence that the juries saw, in order to be FAIR minded one has to rely on their decision.
Some may not like their rulings but that does not make them any less valid.

Now if anyone has hard EVIDENCE (not feelings,suppositions,guessing) that the jury didn't consider I'd suggest y'all get it to the D.A. so they can reopen the cases.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:18 PM

21,620 posts, read 24,761,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsui View Post
No need. I accept your source as credible. It doesn't give an overall poverty rate, but clearly shows that the highest demographic group (Asians) had a poverty rate of 29%. Obviously the poverty rate is nowhere near 50%.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:44 PM

14,801 posts, read 11,948,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I'll probably blame the victims like all the knee-jerk reactors to the victims who've been executed by police this year.
You mean the "victims" who assaulted the police and were shot in self-defense?

Old 12-22-2014, 05:47 PM

14,801 posts, read 11,948,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by football45013 View Post
Yep. If the thugs don't like the cops shooting them, wait until the armed law-abiding citizens start shooting at them. Then what's Al & Jesse gonna do?
Complain that the cops don't care about the safety of the folks "of color", because they're racist.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:55 PM

14,498 posts, read 9,380,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I like this commentary by Paul Harvey put in video form by someone on Youtube;

`

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEvZBKwvE0k

`
Yes. Nice video.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:25 PM

14,635 posts, read 14,502,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
You mean the "victims" who assaulted the police and were shot in self-defense?
12-year-old Tamir Rice was assaulting a police officer? You, sir, are a liar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events