Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2014, 08:26 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeWine View Post
Well I heard it was a cell phone, not a gun. The cop mistook the cell phone as a gun and shot the kid. I believe about two hours later a gun appeared on the scene.

The cop shot because it has been PROVEN, that people black white and otherwise, are scared of black men. People are quicker to shoot a black man because of systematic institutionalized fear beat into the subconscious of almost everyone in America. So probably 3/4th of those commenting in this topic are in fact afraid of black men, so I am sure you can see where the cop was coming from! It is like seeing a lion, if a guns in your hand you're more likely to shoot regardless due to fear.

Haha
Wait for the social media pics to start coming out like the last kid shot new St. Louis.....holding the gun that was allegedly "planted" and flashing gang signs with 3 other guys holding guns.

As long as he shoots other young black men....then it's just statistics.
The minute a cop shoots him though he's Rosa Parks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 08:55 AM

23,492 posts, read 12,502,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Entering into the absurd territory. So now, if you can't show racism because the cop is black, you decide he's a bully. No proof of either, but hey, cop haters never let the lack of evidence get in the way of a lynchmob.
I take it that you failed to fully read what I had posted. My reason for stating that Garmback appeared to be a bully was included in that post ...
"Garmback had once tackled an innocent woman, placed her in a choke hold and battered her, and, while he was holding her down he allowed his partner to bash her in the face (which the woman sued over and won)."

Obviously you don't feel what he did is bullying, but hey, bad cop lovers never let the truth get in the way.

The "absurd territory" was in your own ignorant b.s. post.

(not all cops are bad, and, not all cops are good -- I will always stand up for the good cops)

Old 12-26-2014, 09:06 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I take it that you failed to fully read what I had posted. My reason for stating that Garmback appeared to be a bully was included in that post ...
"Garmback had once tackled an innocent woman, placed her in a choke hold and battered her, and, while he was holding her down he allowed his partner to bash her in the face (which the woman sued over and won)."

Obviously you don't feel what he did is bullying, but hey, bad cop lovers never let the truth get in the way.

The "absurd territory" was in your own ignorant b.s. post.

(not all cops are bad, and, not all cops are good -- I will always stand up for the good cops)
No, you only stand up for perfect people who somehow managed to make it from toddler to adult without ever doing something unsavory. Unless they are a dead criminal. ESPECIALLY a minority dead criminal. Then those past decisions don't matter. It's about the here and the now, and that they probably JUUUSSSTTT turned their life around and were a changed person. And...

*I use "you" metaphorically to refer to a collective sub-set, although taken by itself, your post, "you" also seems to fit personally, here, presuming you think the criminal didn't earn his ride in the big black car.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:08 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
It doesn't really matter how bad the damage is to Wilson's face. Brown went for a police officer's gun and it went off in the squad car. Once you go that far, it is clear you don't care what the outcome is. If it wasn't for the media's twist on all of this stating, "unarmed boy shot" and then, "unarmed teen shot" to sell advertising with shock value as the Internet does, I doubt there would be all this senseless protesting. The evidence is clear Brown went for a cop's gun. That really is all that needs to be stated, because it shows Brown was going to the end of it all that day. Even without the pictures showing him robbing the store by intimidation. He created his day all by himself.
Exactly. What if the media portrayed it as every legal body reviewed it to be?

"Suspect attacks officer, tries to take firearm, is fatally shot."

No fun in that. It would warrant a paragraph on the back page and noone would care.

Buuuuutttt...

Old 12-26-2014, 10:09 AM

23,492 posts, read 12,502,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
No, you only stand up for perfect people who somehow managed to make it from toddler to adult without ever doing something unsavory.
So, according to you I stand up for no one.

Quote:
Unless they are a dead criminal. ESPECIALLY a minority dead criminal. Then those past decisions don't matter. It's about the here and the now, and that they probably JUUUSSSTTT turned their life around and were a changed person. And...

*I use "you" metaphorically to refer to a collective sub-set, although taken by itself, your post, "you" also seems to fit personally, here, presuming you think the criminal didn't earn his ride in the big black car.
Not quite sure how you came to that assumption from my post.
You "presume" too much.

smh

Old 12-26-2014, 10:35 AM

703 posts, read 870,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wait for the social media pics to start coming out like the last kid shot new St. Louis.....holding the gun that was allegedly "planted" and flashing gang signs with 3 other guys holding guns.

As long as he shoots other young black men....then it's just statistics.
The minute a cop shoots him though he's Rosa Parks.
Flashing gang signs?

Old 12-26-2014, 10:37 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty
Lets See Tamir Rice
  • Size of an adult - Check
  • Parent(s?) not supervising their "innocent" baby - Check (edited to add) are you with your kids 24/7?
  • Dressed like a Thug - Check
  • Hanging out at night in location of Thugs - Check
  • Pulled a gun on police like a Thug - Check *uncheck, since it is unclear what he actually did*
Died like a Thug.

There really isn't anymore to it than that. It isn't the job of the police to raise these "teens" to be responsible.
Since you modified my post, presumably to make the points in blue, I will respond to them.

1. are you with your kids 24/7?

This is a Red Herring fallacy argument. If it is your suggestion that you must be with your kids 24/7 to teach them proper behavior, or at least enough sense not to engage the police with a gun, then you are attempting to distract from the point instead of addressing it. The people crying over what the police did, are completely ignoring the fact that a 12 year out was out pointing guns at police. You asked about my kids, well when they were 12, they were not acting like thugs and pointing guns at police.

The baby mama/baby daddy, (I won't use the words parents because they don't deserve it) should be apologizing to society for doing such a poor job at raising their "kid" instead of trying to shift their failures onto the police or anyone else.

That kid's death is due to the kid's actions and the failure to raise him properly.

2. *uncheck, since it is unclear what he actually did*

It's on video tape sir. It's very clear.
Lived like a Thug, Died like a Thug. There is nothing more clear to it than that. It's a shame, but it's not the responsibility of the police to raise these "kids".

Old 12-26-2014, 10:45 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,012 times
Am i supposed to care that some lowlife has been gunned down by a cop?...i say good...thats one less savage creeping through my window...if the cop hadnt have killed him he would have died at the hands of another thug anyway...good riddance.

Im not buying that he was a future rhodes scholar in the process of turning his life around either...that his parents or the people who try to justify being a violent criminal try to seriously portend that that was the trajectory he was on to me is emblematic of a couple of things: 1) they just have lower standards than rational people. Anybody who is familiar with actual successful individuals knows that outside of rap moguls and the pie in the sky rap fantasies they peddle, you dont realistically go from robbing liquor stores and busting at cops one day to being a 23 year old millionaire or studying for a doctorate degree the next day. Life wont unfold that way for anyone 99.9% of the time. But if your standards are low enough, you actually view this as potentially being a regular realistic occurrence/path to success. ..and so when these lowlifes finish shooting at cops and robbing liquor stores, it actually makes sense to you that 'hey, he really COULDVE been on his way to algebra class, when he decided to make a pitstop and rob that liquor store...yeah, that makes perfect sense"....and in their minds it does add up, because they dont know any better.. and once again if your standards are low enough, you think the fact that a kid has graduated high school or received his GED is a sign of real ambition. In all candor, most normal functional people view those accomplishments as bare minimum, run of the mill, expected milestones in life..

2) the second issue, is that these lowlives and their aggrieved relatives, have mastered getting over on people and playing people for stupid. They RELY on the fact that as soon as they get caught scheming and being shady, they can just hop back and hide their hands and act like they are innocent angels. In many instances, this method has worked for them all their lives and theyve been able to game the system for years in doing so. And to be clear: every bit of evidence presented revealed that what happened to eric garner and trayvon martin were absolutely inexcusable murders . But as far as im concerned, this lowlife and mike brown got what they got after they made theyre decisions and i could care less.

Last edited by soletaire; 12-26-2014 at 11:47 AM..

Old 12-26-2014, 10:56 AM

703 posts, read 870,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Am i supposed to care that some lowlife has been gunned down by a cop?...i say good...thats one less savage creeping through my window...if the cop hadnt have killed him he would have died at the hands of another thug anyway...good riddance.

Im not buying that he was a future rhodes scholar in the process of turning his life around either...that his parents or the people who try to justify being a violent criminal try to seriously portend that that was the trajectory he was on to me is emblematic of a couple of things: 1) they just have lower standards than rational people. Anybody who is familiar with actual successful individuals knows that outside of rap moguls and the pie in the sky rap fantasies they peddle, you dont realistically go from robbing liquor stores and busting at cops one day to being a 23 year old millionaire or studying for a doctorate degree the next day. Life wont unfold that way for anyone 99.9% of the time. But if your standards are low enough, you actually view this as potentially being a regular realistic occurrence. ..and so when these lowlifes finish shooting at cops and robbing liquor stores, it actually makes sense to you that 'hey, he really COULDVE been on his way to algebra class, when he decided to make a pitstop and rob that liquor store...yeah, that makes perfect sense"....and in their minds it does add up, because they dont know any better.. and once again if your standards are low enough, you think the fact that a kid has graduated high school or received his GED is a sign of real ambition. In all candor, most normal functional people view those accomplishments as run of the mill, expected milestones in life..

2) the second issue, is that these lowlives and their aggrieved relatives, have mastered getting over on people and playing people for stupid. They RELY on the fact that as soon as they get caught scheming and being shady, they can just hop back and hide their hands and act like they are innocent angels. In many instances, this method has worked for them all their lives and theyve been able to game the system for years in doing so. And to be clear: every bit of evidence presented revealed thay what happened to eric garner and trayvon martin were absolutely inexcusable murders . But as far as im concerned, this lowlife and mike brown got what they got after they made theyre decisions and i could care less.
He was not a thug? He allegedly pulled a gun on a police officer. It didn't say that he was a thug. Don't judge someone who has been through a bad situation. How would your mother like it she got on here after you were shot and read that her son was a "savage creep" and a thug? Exactly, so watch how you say things online. Remember the rule that you were taught decades ago. Treat other how you want to be treated.

Old 12-26-2014, 11:25 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewimaech235 View Post
He was not a thug? He allegedly pulled a gun on a police officer. It didn't say that he was a thug. Don't judge someone who has been through a bad situation. How would your mother like it she got on here after you were shot and read that her son was a "savage creep" and a thug? Exactly, so watch how you say things online. Remember the rule that you were taught decades ago. Treat other how you want to be treated.

Yeah cry me a river bro...he was "allegedly shot" by a cop too.... hasnt stopped anybody from bitching about this lowlife being killed... (hey who knows?...maybe a lugnut ricocheted off a bread truck or something...anything couldve happened right? I mean why stop our skepticism at whether he pulled a gun on a cop, right?...if we're going to cherry pick which part of the story we're casting doubt on, why not just go ahead and doubt the whole thing ever even happened?)... so miss me with the woe is me, im the only one who has ever faced adversity spiel. .. peddle that mess to some of these liberals and folks who are actually racked with white guilt....and im not going to get shot by a police officer, because im not stupid enough to go around pulling guns on police officers without expecting to get shot....now she MAY log on here and read where ive been shot by some street animal...in which case, her first question would likely be "what was he doing hanging around that type of person?...i couldve sworn he had better decision making skills than that"

Last edited by soletaire; 12-26-2014 at 11:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events