U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Who's Fault Do You Think This Is?
Hollywood & the Writer 12 10.53%
Obama 12 10.53%
Korea for Crying About a Movie 40 35.09%
Both Hollywood & Obama 10 8.77%
I Could Care Less 48 42.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-28-2014, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Maine
2,349 posts, read 1,580,609 times
Reputation: 4200

Advertisements

Meh, I've called him worst, but not because of his race.




bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-28-2014, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way
335 posts, read 263,021 times
Reputation: 526
Name calling is something we all did in grade school. It just shows his lack of intelligence and makes him look stupid. Hopefully Obama will not get sucked in and respond back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2014, 03:46 PM
 
27 posts, read 19,142 times
Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Actually Obama is Mulatto not Black. He was raised by his biological White mother.

As I said earlier, Obama earned his global ridicule and it's not because of the over used and tired excuse "they are doing it only because he's Black". If he was a strong leader it would not be happening, and comparisons to Bush, another idiot buffoon, doesn't change this.

If you think people are "attacking" you and not taking you seriously it's because all of your posts are inconsistant. You started this thread arguing one point, and throughout the rest, have completely disagreed with YOURself and are now agreeing with me. Whether you realize it or not. You are running around in circles. In otherwords, you have shown everybody that your views are infact what another poster under this thread has said they are. BS. In this post that I just quoted, right now, you are now disagreeing with your very first post, where you said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty
If the African American subculture in the USA wants some respect then they need to stop, take some responsibility for their actions, and realize the videos don't stop at the borders. Anyone from the USA watching news coverage outside the county of events in Ferguson, Chicago, NY, etc would be quite dismayed at how this is viewed by the common person in those places. These kinds of comments are not uncommon outside the USA
All BS aside your very first agrument was. If the black people in the United States want respect they need to earn it. These are YOUR words. Not mine. You are the first and only person to claim the African American race being the cause of all of this. You said you had seen NO OTHER president, in the history of your life, who had EVER been disrespected like this president had, along with those of the rest of his "African American subculture" being the cause of it. Remember? If anyone from the outside of this country has been watching the events in Ferguson, Chicago, NY and etc, everybody here in the U.S would be "quite dismayed", how all of those people would view the problems this black African American subculture is causing (by being unarmed while shot by police). Which by the way, makes no sense and has nothing to do with the subject of this thread at all. But this was the point you were arguing. Is it all coming back to you now?. You didn't finish there. You went on to say. "These kinds of comments", being called a monkey, "Are not uncommon" being said to someone who is part of the African American subculture "outside of the USA".

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty
Finally, Respect is Earned, not Given.

At one time Obama had enough of it to win a Nobel Prize. Today, by taking the low road, he's left with being compared to monkeys. Sad indeed.
You then ended your rant by saying, if the black "African American subculture" which includes President Obama, wants to "Get Respect" then they need to "Earn it". You also said nobody else in the world would ever vote for a President who is part of this African American subculture which you, and only you, keep bringing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty
Actually Obama is Mulatto not Black. He was raised by his biological White mother.
And for some reason, you think NOW in this post, ackowledging his caucasian mother makes a difference. Why didn't you make a reference to her in your very first post where you were putting "Black" President Obama in the same pot as the "whole African American subculture"?. He was simply JUST black then, when your problem was with the whole African American race and the President who is a part of that, and now he's HALF black all of sudden. This is why all of your posts are being ridiculed by everyone on here.

You're actually the one and only person under this thread who said black Americans and their actions were the root of the problem. You said they don't earn any respect and then in the same breath ended your rant by saying Obama at one time had it and now is left being called a monkey. This is why you are getting "attacked". Because your "off topic" words show extreme ignorance and very little intelligence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldKitty
As I said earlier, Obama earned his global ridicule and it's not because of the over used and tired excuse "they are doing it only because he's Black".If he was a strong leader it would not be happening, and comparisons to Bush, another idiot buffoon, doesn't change this
Your very next post then argued that this was the first time in history that you have ever seen any other leader call any American President a word like monkey. And I went on to explain to you that this has indeed happened to other American presidents. So making the reference, which I made to Bush and other presidents is Yes, very relevant. Or does infact change your hypothesis, that only strong leaders do not get called names by other leaders in other countries. The only person who has said anything about "they are doing it only because he is black" is you. In your very first post where you state the African American subculture is the problem.

I simply said, that Yes other leaders have attacked our Presidents in the past with personal verbal insults but the N. Koreans chose to use a racist remark instead of choosing one that is not racial in nature because of the Presidents racial background. Which yes, does include African.

None of your post are consistant. You either posted your very first racial rant under this thread to troll or you really just don't know how to argue your point well enough.

So if we go by this last post and not your very first one, you have changed your mind, and agree that "the African American subculture" which includes President Obama, who yesterday you thought had a hard time getting respect from those inside of U.S as well as outside, is NOW NOT the reason for the N.Koreans racial verbal attack. Even though you argued those "kind of comments are not uncommon outside the USA" because of that specific race's actions. And you also agree, even through some of your "Darkest days", you do acknowledge, that there are other US presidents who have been verbally attacked with this same type of pejorative. As you say, "Bush being another idiot buffoon", which does change your previous hypothesis that there were not any.

And again, your own opinion of President Obama not being a "strong leader" in your eyes, as part of the problem, is just that. An opinion. It justifies nothing. That does not make your statement factual, only opinionated. By arguing your side with your opinion only, you will continue to be attacked by the rest of the commentors under this thread, and blamed for writing BS. Different people see different Presidents as strong or weak. But no, this is not the only cause for the remarks made from N.Korea. Other Presidents, in the past, whether they were considered strong or weak by YOU or not have also been verbally attacked by leaders around the world.

After reading this post I see we have agreed to agree. And there's nothing more to say or argue. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2014, 03:57 PM
 
38,060 posts, read 15,286,103 times
Reputation: 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth333 View Post
...Thank you.
I don't think I've ever seen anyone write so much about another forumer as you just did. While I'm flattered (though I didn't read it) the topic is actually about Obama, Monkeys and the North Koreans. Your opinion of me isn't up for debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2014, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Washington State
15,349 posts, read 8,020,336 times
Reputation: 13158
I wonder if it bothers Obama or if he just laughs about it. Certainly childish on the Part of N. Korea. Since every part of life in N. Korea is regulated by the Dear Leader and his lackey's, they have no comprehension that Obama has almost nothing to do with what Hollywood does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2014, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Ocean Shores, WA
5,082 posts, read 12,577,145 times
Reputation: 10543
Why would being called a Monkey be offensive?

Everybody likes monkeys.

If I wanted to insult somebody I would call him a Politician, or a Lawyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2014, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Elysium
5,802 posts, read 3,087,683 times
Reputation: 4037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
All this over a work of fiction. Hijole!
May 2014

At the bottom of the page is a tread about a similar comment back in May. This has more to do with the nature of North Korea then just the movie. I don't care at all about the movie. A demigod dictator trying to make me live under the censorship his citizens live under is another matter and I do care very much about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2014, 04:33 PM
 
13,472 posts, read 9,593,751 times
Reputation: 17427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Why would being called a Monkey be offensive?

Everybody likes monkeys.

If I wanted to insult somebody I would call him a Politician, or a Lawyer.
I don't like monkeys. Beady eyed, poop flinging little monsters .

I like apes though.

On topic , Kim is ridiculous. If only he realized how the rest of the world looks at him with bemused contempt, he probably start a war over it . Stupid little ninny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2014, 05:02 PM
 
Location: In between west and east
20 posts, read 13,129 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I don't think I've ever seen anyone write so much about another forumer as you just did. While I'm flattered (though I didn't read it) the topic is actually about Obama, Monkeys and the North Koreans. Your opinion of me isn't up for debate.
Lol you read it. It just made you look so bad that you don't know how to reply to it or that's all you have to say. Nice try

@TRUTH333 Awesome post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2014, 05:32 PM
 
Location: In between west and east
20 posts, read 13,129 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I wonder if it bothers Obama or if he just laughs about it. Certainly childish on the Part of N. Korea. Since every part of life in N. Korea is regulated by the Dear Leader and his lackey's, they have no comprehension that Obama has almost nothing to do with what Hollywood does.
I'm pretty sure he's laughing at him. Now Mrs.Obama is another story. She doesn't take any poo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top