Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's Fault Do You Think This Is?
Hollywood & the Writer 12 10.53%
Obama 12 10.53%
Korea for Crying About a Movie 40 35.09%
Both Hollywood & Obama 10 8.77%
I Could Care Less 48 42.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 02:35 AM

214 posts, read 281,851 times

Advertisements

N. Korea insults Obama, blames U.S. for Web outage

And this article qouted from Associated Press:

Quote:
By HYUNG-JIN KIM
Associated Press

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea compared President Barack Obama to a monkey, and blamed the U.S. on Saturday for shutting down its Internet amid the hacking row over the comedy "The Interview."

Moderator cut: coyright issues
Both articles (USATODAY and the Associated Prees) are saying it's coming from some "unidentified spokesman" in Korea. Like someone's scared to own up to it plus it sounds a little shadey to me. Everything does to me, when it comes to the news media. I don't really believe a lot of it. Plus now they're bringing up things like "still being in a war", like all of this would spark a new one. Who's fault do you think all of this is really is, the maker of the movie and Hollywood or Obama? I don't even look at what used to be "movies" anymore because the stuff has been so bad in the last 4 or 5 years. I dont know... it might be time for a female president if this is the type of stuff that sparks wars now (eye roll). Even I'll admit, as a dude, that women are better at communicating instead of solving things with fights.

Last edited by Marka; 12-29-2014 at 02:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 02:51 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Despite claims to the contrary, mostly by a certain "entitled" demographic within the USA, Americans are some of the most tolerant people on the planet. I can't think of another, majority White or Asian nation on Earth where Obama would have been elected to office.

If the African American subculture in the USA wants some respect then they need to stop, take some responsibility for their actions, and realize the videos don't stop at the borders. Anyone from the USA watching news coverage outside the county of events in Ferguson, Chicago, NY, etc would be quite dismayed at how this is viewed by the common person in those places. These kinds of comments are not uncommon outside the USA.

Finally, Respect is Earned, not Given.

At one time Obama had enough of it to win a Nobel Prize. Today, by taking the low road, he's left with being compared to monkeys. Sad indeed.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 12-27-2014 at 03:21 AM..

Old 12-27-2014, 04:40 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Despite claims to the contrary, mostly by a certain "entitled" demographic within the USA, Americans are some of the most tolerant people on the planet. I can't think of another, majority White or Asian nation on Earth where Obama would have been elected to office.

If the African American subculture in the USA wants some respect then they need to stop, take some responsibility for their actions, and realize the videos don't stop at the borders. Anyone from the USA watching news coverage outside the county of events in Ferguson, Chicago, NY, etc would be quite dismayed at how this is viewed by the common person in those places. These kinds of comments are not uncommon outside the USA.

Finally, Respect is Earned, not Given.

At one time Obama had enough of it to win a Nobel Prize. Today, by taking the low road, he's left with being compared to monkeys. Sad indeed.
By North Korea.

Consider the source...

Likely they will never become friends with any President the United States elects.

Old 12-27-2014, 04:40 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
The N Koreans do not understand that the loony media entertainment industry can do stupid things without any directives from the POTUS. In their country, this sort of independent action would be inconceivable. This is why they are so furious with the President.

The fact is...this movie plainly shows how American society, whether intentionally or not, acts like an imperialist. Basically, it is saying..."I have the right to humiliate you, but if you respond, then you are a terrorist threat."

I say...Hollywood and North Korea deserve each other.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:25 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
so WHAT!...North Korea is a Big Stupid Gunk HEAD!!!

Old 12-27-2014, 05:27 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Will Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton be leading a boycott of North Korea?

Based on what happened last time North Korean media made similar insensitive remarks, zilch, nada, zippo.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:37 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,990,697 times
Haha, I find it funny.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:53 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,378 times
I would not trust any major news outlet anymore, considering who owns them. This latest Sony debacle is called "propaganda"-probably benefited Sony to have so much propaganda surrounding this movie, gee I wonder who hacked Sony? Maybe Sony? Responsible journalism is dead.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:55 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
This from a country led by a man with one of the most comically awful haircuts in history?

I agree with the poster that said most countries don't understand we have a level of freedom of speech that is simply not seen elsewhere. If a bad or insulting movie is made and shown it didn't require governmental approval, just the producers. If a bunch of idiots protest it doesn't mean jail or a government overthrow is on the way. In North Korea such actions are likely to result in death. They don't get that we are allowed to insult our leaders and theirs with impunity, it is an example of our rights that most of us don't appreciate enough.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:57 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Who cares, really?

BTW, your last poll option should read "I Couldn't Care Less"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events