Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's Fault Do You Think This Is?
Hollywood & the Writer 12 10.53%
Obama 12 10.53%
Korea for Crying About a Movie 40 35.09%
Both Hollywood & Obama 10 8.77%
I Could Care Less 48 42.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 09:22 AM

27 posts, read 24,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by underated9 View Post
N. Korea insults Obama, blames U.S. for Web outage

And this article qouted from Associated Press:

"Obama always goes reckless in words and deeds like a monkey in a tropical forest," an unidentified spokesman at the commission's Policy Department said in a statement carried by the official Korean Central News Agency.
By the way, they're not that good with insults. Comparing a black person to a monkey is about as overdone as using the other word. Plus I don't know too many "monkeys in tropical forests" who are using their words recklessly on a daily basis. Unless they're talking about the monkey's actions and not their words.

Either way, it was a kind of low "budget" blow. They just tried to find a way to throw the word monkey around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 09:34 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Actually, a very " IT person" response. We know bull**** when we see it, and calling it out using one word is a very efficient use of syllables.
Yet the only response to what I posted is swearing, cursing, insults, and accusations that I'm a Fox news junkie. i.e. Attack the messenger instead of the message. It speaks for itself.

This is what happens when the party can't support their nonsense with a logical argument.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:35 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,827,960 times
When we make fun of their Monkey it's a world class entertainment event.

When they make fun of our Monkey it's low class political racism.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:39 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I would not trust any major news outlet anymore, considering who owns them. This latest Sony debacle is called "propaganda"-probably benefited Sony to have so much propaganda surrounding this movie, gee I wonder who hacked Sony? Maybe Sony? Responsible journalism is dead.
This is so true. The media seems to answer to no one and it is all about shock value/hype for advertising dollars. There is no trusted news source in the US. I am not sure there is a trusted news source anywhere, but at least the UK has some rules and news outlets can be fined if they don't present some balance.

Sadly, almost EVERYONE in the US seems to fall for anything the media says. I hope the citizens will grow someday and realize the Internet/news is for entertainment and certainly not for facts. At this point you need to live the events to know what happened, not look on a dumb phone.... oh I mean smartphone.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:40 AM

8,575 posts, read 12,400,755 times
Wow! Who would have guessed that North Koreans were Republican??

Old 12-27-2014, 09:41 AM

27 posts, read 24,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I knew someone dismiss it like this and I did consider the source before I wrote that. A successful dictator need the perception of credible enemies that. A monkey is not on that list.

During the darkest days of the cold war, our enemies never referred to the USA's president with this type of pejorative. To do so, would risk them credibility with their own people. Yet Obama has embarrassed himself so badly on the world stage that it's pretty much like this with friend and foe alike. They consider him a joke at best and now a lame duck one as he has managed to destroy the majority that his political party once had.

That's because the other presidents are not men of color so they had no incline to. The "monkey" reference is usually throw around to insult those of color. Although, other presidents like George Bush, have been insulted in other ways, that more fit their character or appearance. He's been called many things by other leaders (maybe more). One of those being a buffoon. Which attacks his character in a similar way that monkey would to a person of color. Its just a non racist way of saying the same thing. Leaving out the connotation to a monkey.

Plus, in the same article, other U.S leaders are being insulted as well. John Kerry being the other. To say other Presidents have never been insulted like this, or "During our darkest days never referred as..." is being more melodramatic than factual.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:45 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,782,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
When we make fun of their Monkey it's a world class entertainment event.

When they make fun of our Monkey it's low class political racism.
Yeah, I see a double standard here. We can say anything we want about anyone, but no one can say anything about us. 'Murica.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:45 AM

634 posts, read 896,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I would not trust any major news outlet anymore, considering who owns them. This latest Sony debacle is called "propaganda"-probably benefited Sony to have so much propaganda surrounding this movie, gee I wonder who hacked Sony? Maybe Sony? Responsible journalism is dead.
Thank you! I signed off from CNN, MSNBC, and the big 3 networks a decade ago, when the Today show turned the morning news programs into Justin Bieber bopping variety shows I said bye bye.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:09 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,239,989 times
I voted for "Hollywood and the writer". I am sorry but it is really poor taste to make a movie about murdering the living leader of another country.

Having said that, I would have voted for "Hollywood and the writer" and "(North) Korea for Crying about a Movie", if it had been a joint answer. Because by making such a big deal about it, North Korea probably will make more people see the movie.

I do not blame Obama for this.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:16 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth333 View Post
Plus, in the same article, other U.S leaders are being insulted as well. John Kerry being the other. ....
That is because John Kerry earned it. He's a horse's ass and that is being nice. More interestingly, however, is that by stating this, you just contradicted your entire post.

It doesn't matter if, as you state, that North Koreans are just like White racists with their monkey references, (though it's a bit of a stretch to think they have the same cultural references). What matters is they said it about the leader of the USA. This is clearly because Obama has no respect as a leader on the world stage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events