U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2015, 06:09 PM

19,734 posts, read 8,243,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan33068 View Post
Well I believe her Child and family and friends are suffering. Even people who own Guns and choose to protect themselves share these characteristics with the rest of society.
It's actually been stated in several articles that this woman was not carrying a gun for safety as she lived in a relatively safe place. Apparently it's more like the way some people carry a phone or accessory with them. Frankly, it is beyond understanding for those of us who never even think about guns. I have too many things I actually need to take with me to work to worry about grabbing a firearm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 06:13 PM

29,956 posts, read 34,561,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It's actually been stated in several articles that this woman was not carrying a gun for safety as she lived in a relatively safe place. Apparently it's more like the way some people carry a phone or accessory with them. .
Whether they live in a safe place or not, everyone who caries a gun does it for their safety or protection.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:16 PM

274 posts, read 184,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I don't know much about guns, so maybe from the time he had it in his hands to the time he pulled the trigger was only seconds.....
Guns are not at all that difficult to operate. Indeed it would only take a few seconds to grab the gun and fire. But this is the whole idea. When you are attacked seconds count. The longer it takes you to implement your defense the less likely you are to survive or escape serious injury.

Quote:
but its still shocking that a 2yo would even be able to figure out how to pull a trigger, much less aim the gun at someone.
She may have closed the distance between her and her child once she realized what was happening and depending on distance no aim is necessary just point and fire.

Quote:
IThis poor kid is too young to even understand that "mommy is dead" - and he killed her!

What a preventable tragedy.
Agreed.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
It's obvious....guns don't kill people, 2 year olds kill people.
So you will be writing your Congressman then to request Legislation be drafted to ban 2 year olds.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69colin View Post
It is about time America entered the 21st century and realized that guns are not necessary to exist on Earth.
If the gun lobby got out of the way and grew up US would be a better place to live.
As proven in States like Illinois, NY, NJ, CT, MD, MA and CA. It is about time you grew up and payed attention to History. The 2nd Amendment was as intentional and important as all the others. In fact without the Second you can say goodbye to the 1st and Fourth for starters. There are plenty of places for those who fear Guns or find them intimidating. I mentioned a number of them in the first sentence.

Quote:
Yes this will cause a lot of keyboard hitting in anger....but....GUNS are not necessary.
Unfortunately History is not on your side in this assertion. On the one hand we have your opinion. On the other we have a document created by a group of Men who founded a Constitutional Republic that is over 250 plus years old. The Second Amendment is not going anywhere. You are certainly free to find a place and Culture that may fit better with your beliefs.

Quote:
ItLook at how all of the other countries around the world operate without guns.
Another, "If only America were more like ... fill in the blank." Sorry but as an American I don't care how they do it in... We Americans have some sayings, "When in Rome" and "Love it or Leave It".

Quote:
ItHow many people need to die before US wakes up
They are slowly waking up.More states are passing laws that allow for open Carry and Concealed Carry and fewer people will be left defenseless as a result.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:43 PM

2,620 posts, read 2,350,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan33068 View Post
The longer it takes you to implement your defense the less likely you are to survive
Surreal indeed. The beaches of Normandy or the Rubbermaid aisle at Walmart? You make the call.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Here we go! Yet another tragic shooting because of the "right to bear arms"
HONESTLY, WHAT WILL IT TAKE to change this assinine law in the US?
A Revelution. Up for it? No I didn't think you were. So enjoy being blessed with Hindsight and the Beautiful Country which you live in my Dear neighbor. Oh and rest assured when I visit your fine Country I will abide by and respect its laws and traditions. Maybe you could do the same.

That toddler will have to live with the knowlege that he killed his mom, for the rest of his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
And let's hear it from all the pro-gun people who will jump in and say it was the mother's fault. NO, it's the gun that killed her in the end. If she didn't have a gun in her GD purse, she'd be alive today.
The Gun did not magically pick itself up select a direction in which to point and fire without Human intervention. So please spare us this nonsense.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
...and I will lay odds that the "grieving" dad DID NOT go home and remove all the guns from the house/vehicle/self.
Why would he? Do you suppose they will sneak out of their hiding places and attack unprovoked and without human intervention?

This Country has Millions of Gun Owners and they manage to live to a ripe old age and die of natural causes more often than not. Fear and emotion on your part are not going to alter this reality.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Crusoe View Post
This is beyond tragic. No one other than law enforcement officers like police should possess and carry guns, not even BB guns IMO. I can't even imagine how the little boy would feel when he is old enough to realize what had he done to his own mom. Really sad.
Fortunately you were absent that day in Philladelphia in 1776.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
Yes...when you realize that more than one gun drooler is armed whilst you shop.
And I would venture a guess you have come in contact with them unknowingly hundreds of times this past year *GASP*

Thank God your are alright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events