Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2015, 07:00 PM

274 posts, read 238,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
No purse is suitable. This is exactly why...if her 2 year old could get at her pistol...why not a purse snatcher?
Perhaps you would have preferred her to utilize the rectum carry method?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 07:07 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
An article in the newspaper today said that both husband and wife were really into guns. They spent a lot of time at the shooting range, and also hunted. He had just given her a special purse for Christmas, one that had a special zipped pocket for a firearm, and that was the purse she took to the store with her when she got shot. If it hadn't been for the Christmas gift (and her own carelessness), the accident wouldn't have happened. Imagine how her husband (now widowed) feels.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
Also, 3 of the 4 studies that were performed (which i cited in my post) were run by Kleck, who's claims about Defensive Gun Use have been scrutinized quite a bit.
I take it you mean critized. Scrutinized is not negative it means they carefully studied the claims.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:08 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
If no one were allowed to carry guns then police wouldn't need them either, no?
Ever heard of the saying, "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns?" A scary thought, IMHO

Old 01-01-2015, 07:15 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,328,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
An article in the newspaper today said that both husband and wife were really into guns.
Well, like they would say about a skydiver, rock climber, or race car driver: At least she died doing what she loved.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
Do people really need the assault rifles, or multiple guns for defense?
The only problem with the way you look at this is you approach it as a need rather than a Constitutional Amendment as part of our Bill of Rights. So it doesn't matter whether we "need" a specific type or quantity of Firearm. It is a Constitutional Right.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
Safety leavers on guns are real easy to click off.

Most guns have hair triggers which are easy to squeeze off.

You do not have any experience with that of which you speak. You really should not spread such nonsense.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:27 PM

11 posts, read 22,510 times
Well I can tell you something. If guns were outlawed here in North Idaho, there would be quite a lot of blood spilled in the process of eradicating the guns and lots of hidden weapons.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
Unloaded guns don't kill people, loaded guns handled wrong can kill people.

I have taken unloaded and stuck them in my mouth
and pulled the trigger, and I am still here.

If the guns were loaded I would be dead.

You are wrong. Unloaded Guns kill people all the time. And that is because the first rule of Gun Safety is there is no such thing as an unloaded Gun. Guns are always loaded.

If you have put a Gun in your mouth and pulled the trigger than you are a Nut and it is my sincere hope you do not kill yourself or anyone else because of your arrogance and negligence.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:35 PM

89 posts, read 143,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Cars run over kids weekly.

Is it the bad car or the bad driver ?
People need cars. Cars serve a purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events