U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-01-2015, 08:38 PM
 
Location: Virginia
274 posts, read 184,345 times
Reputation: 123

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
On the contrary, while the lunatics are running the asylum, we aren't allowed to pass any laws in this country that might make guns safer. In fact, laws that used to be in place are now being repealed in many states. So if the repercussions make national news, I think that's a pretty small thing for the ammosexuals to have to put up with, all things considered.
Oh, no need to worry we removed the majority of lunatics during the Congressional elections and slowly things will improve. In fact, laws that used to be in place are now being repealed in many states so that people no longer have to be defenseless and can exercise their Constitutionally protected rights along with the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-01-2015, 08:48 PM
 
Location: Virginia
274 posts, read 184,345 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Dumb law. Period.
Thanks we will take that under advisement. Juries back and found that "As Americans We don't care what others think about our Constitution or our Laws and Culture." Next time I visit Canada you be sure I will absolutely be respectful of your Laws and Culture. I also have many Canadian friends who would prefer Canada had better rights with regard to Gun ownership. But I will not give my opinion one way or another since such matters don't effect me. I trust the Canadian people know what is best for Canada. In return I hope you will extend us the same courtesy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 09:04 PM
 
Location: Virginia
274 posts, read 184,345 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69colin View Post
Any way enough of your smart remarks about the SN as you call it.
You are a typical gun carrying stupid yank with a big head and no common sense.
The same that saved the likes of you from Adolfo Hitler. We are the big stick in the woodshed. So before you go pisssing on anyone you may want to watch where you walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69colin View Post
I am not going to give you a reason for my comments as you are not worth it.
Of course not this requires intellect which you obviously are lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69colin View Post
However you will never learn that there is no good reason why a bloody stupid yank needs to carry a gun let alone a concealed weapon.The days of you children playing cowboys and Indians is over. Grow up and find another toy to play with other than a gun
And you will never learn the only reason your people survived WWII and still speak the Queens English was because we "Bloody stupid Yanks carry Guns and know which end goes bang!"

I saw video of how your elite highly trained Police recently made entry into the Choclate shop that the Terrorist had taken over in Sydney. Not at all impressed it is a wonder anyone survived. Any American kid with an XBox would have been more tactically sound. If there are a group of people who should be disarmed they certainly have my vote. The hostages odds would have been better off had the Police attempted entry with water pistols.

- Cheers Mate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 09:11 PM
 
Location: Virginia
274 posts, read 184,345 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
I have never shown sympathy towards terrorists. I sometimes feel sorry for people who live in Iran, Afghan, and some south/central americans countries who aren't terrorists because the american government likes to mess with weaker countries for our own gain. However, it's a fact of life that the strong take advantage of the weak. I suspect you're the type of person who feels that there is nothing wrong with screwing over countries like Iraq for iffy reasons as long as we get control of the oil fields. I'll admit I find it sort of sad (I guess that makes me a liberal?). America is strong and we take what we want. It's our privilege.
I don't know if you are aware be we are no longer in Iraq and the Iraqi government has control of Iraqi Oil not the United States. Further you may have noticed that the price of Gas has dropped significantly lately. That is because OPEC and specifically the Saudi's are driving down the price. There are a number of theories as to why they may want to do this. I am sure your favorite search engine will get you more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
I don't have an issue with people owning guns, and I'm not an anti gun person (I'm not pro gun either). I'm against feeling sorry for people who are irresponsible with their guns. Having your gun within reach of your two year old = stupid and irresponsible.
Accidents happen and she is sorry and won't do it again. Everything point reported about this Woman indicates she was a responsible Educated person who became complacent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
The issue isn't that she's owns a gun. It's that she's a moron who kept her gun within reach of her toddler. This is not an accident. If you want to prevent things like this; it's pretty simple. Keep your gun away from a child's reach.
First rule of parenting... Everything is with reach. First rule of Gun Safety... Guns are always loaded. Act accordingly. That said she was complacent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Virginia
274 posts, read 184,345 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
Well, no I don't speed, but it's rare (if ever) that going 5 miles over the speed limit that killed you. It's usually another cause, i.e texting while driving.
No it's always the other guy going 5 miles over that kills you. I see a pattern here. It is always someone else's fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Virginia
274 posts, read 184,345 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
Lmao....ANOTHER ONE!??

I happen to think that these parents actually wanted to suicide, so they're giving the guns to their kids saying "sweetheart, shoot here, shoot at me".
I think your insights are instructive and relieve of having to finance a very expensive trip to Austrailia to see Family eventually. I suppose your comments are what passes for an education in Australia? I see no need to visit Australia after reading your remarks I think I get the picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 09:23 PM
 
Location: Virginia
274 posts, read 184,345 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
What this was was a self-fulfilling prophecy. The woman was afraid to go into her local grocery store without a weapon because she was convinced something bad could happen to her. And it did.
I hear Australia is just lovely this time of year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 09:31 PM
 
Location: Virginia
274 posts, read 184,345 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
also, since you are conservative, you are likely against abortion. How about some 15 year olds have a "lapse of judgement" and have sex and that results in a child. What do you suggest then? Marriage and raising the child because of a "lapse of judgement"?
You bet I do it is called accountable and it is one of the principles which this Country was founded upon. What do you suggest continue to act irresponsibly and the expense of others. Where is the incentive to think before acting if there are no consequences. Abortion is a cop-out by those who refuse to accept the consequences of their acts. In the case of saving the life of the Mother well I can see an argument being made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 09:42 PM
 
Location: Virginia
274 posts, read 184,345 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Baby shouldn't have done that, that's 2 yrs to life.

Let's think of it this way, what if the baby had shot and killed another shopper? Who'd be charged then?
In some states the Mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 10:00 PM
 
Location: Virginia
274 posts, read 184,345 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
And what's ironic about that (though not really) is that I've never once seen an anti-gun proponent argue in favor of banning all firearms in America.
You must not have read carefully in this thread than cause I have long since lost count of how many times I have read this sentence, "Nobody outside Police and Military should have Guns." Or "There should be no access to Guns period."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
And while I appreciate your post, I disagree with you. When someone shames a person for not carrying a firearm, stating it is shameful that we expect the police to "do our job for us", they are, absolutely, advocating a vigilante police force.
No they are not advocating a vigilante police force. They are advocating personal responsibility. Protect yourself and your Family. This vigilante concept you keep repeating speaks to your paranoia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top