Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 02:06 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,926,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Yes, it was done in Germany in the 30s. How did it work out there?
Just fine. What are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
And I guess the criminals will go along with this ban as well?
Well that's why they call them criminals. Ten years or less to bring the most resistant ones in line. In 20 years the next generation of criminals won't know how to get their hands on a gun. They will be a lot less lethal to deal with. This thread is not about criminals. It is about people supposedly on the law abiding side of things that do stupid things with guns. Things that they could not do if guns were not so readily available.

Last edited by Leisesturm; 01-03-2015 at 02:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 03:05 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,306,684 times
A friend of mine is on the NYPD and he shot himself in the leg with his glock while he was cleaning it. LOL Idiot.

Old 01-03-2015, 03:52 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,159,764 times
It's possible that he fell asleep while fondling the gun as some gun lovers like to do, and then woke up to find it in the bed. Still half dreaming, he might have pulled the trigger simply because he'd done it so many times in practice. He might have been emotionless because of being in shock from what he had just done - sometimes emotions don't appear until later, especially for people used to dealing with emergencies.

I don't know. Just speculating.

Old 01-03-2015, 04:17 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It's possible that he fell asleep while fondling the gun as some gun lovers like to do...
hahaha...what???? You have a strange imagination. I will be the first to say that some police officers are incompetent with firearms, but that theory is just bizzare. Not sure if it's serious or not.

Old 01-03-2015, 04:27 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,954,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It's possible that he fell asleep while fondling the gun as some gun lovers like to do, and then woke up to find it in the bed. Still half dreaming, he might have pulled the trigger simply because he'd done it so many times in practice. He might have been emotionless because of being in shock from what he had just done - sometimes emotions don't appear until later, especially for people used to dealing with emergencies.

I don't know. Just speculating.
Yep, that's exactly what you're doing. And doing a bad job of it, I might add

Old 01-03-2015, 04:31 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,159,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
hahaha...what???? You have a strange imagination. I will be the first to say that some police officers are incompetent with firearms, but that theory is just bizzare. Not sure if it's serious or not.
Well, I didn't mean it in a sexual way or completely seriously. Some people including me like to heft a gun, wipe it down, play with it a bit - if it's not loaded.

Old 01-03-2015, 04:35 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Not saying I believe it was accidental or not, but it doesn't surprise me that a police chief would be unemotional in a situation like that. This is a man who has probably spent decades conditioning himself not to be emotional in emergency situations.

It will be interesting to see what his wife has to say.
You cant be serious. This isnt some random off the street. The party he is calling on behalf of is his life partner, his significant other, his wife. If there ever is a time to sound emotional or anxious for the well being of someone....this incident is the one perfect opportunity for him. Hope to God she makes a speedy recovery so we can know truly what transpired.

Old 01-03-2015, 04:58 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,270,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
You cant be serious. This isnt some random off the street. The party he is calling on behalf of is his life partner, his significant other, his wife. If there ever is a time to sound emotional or anxious for the well being of someone....this incident is the one perfect opportunity for him. Hope to God she makes a speedy recovery so we can know truly what transpired.
I'm quite serious. Not everyone gets emotional in an emergency, no matter who is involved. Some people actually react in quite the opposite manner, and get very unemotional as a coping mechanism. It's very possible for someone who's been in law enforcement for a long period of time to be conditioned not to have the physical responses that often cause heighten emotional responses (racing heart, hyperventilation, etc.).

Old 01-03-2015, 05:17 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Ban guns. Do it now. For the people. For the police. No guns. It has been done elsewhere. It did not result in Armageddon. On the contrary, it reduces to near impossibility the incidence of tragedies such as this. Still leaves plenty of other ways to be maimed or killed senselessly and tragically.
And no way to stop 'em once a rampage starts.

I predict his wife snored and he was just plain tired of it!

Old 01-04-2015, 03:36 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,568,417 times
BTW, not funny, the snoring reference.

I'd say he shot her hoping to say it was an accident. When she didn't die from it he figured that if he shot her a second time it definitely would not fly as an ''accident''.
So now he calls 911 because he has no choice, really, unless he kills her and hides the body, and he can't manage that physically.
So now he's calling, but his lack of affect is part shock over what will happen now, part anger at himself for not completing the job, and part just the axxhole he is in general.
The one she left once before and, sadly, came back to again.
Just my theory.
And otherwise the whole scenario as he describes it is suspect.
If she lives to tell the truth there may be justice OR could be she was asleep when he attempted to murder her and then it's his word alone.
I predict no charges will be filed in the end.

Last edited by HappyDogToday; 01-04-2015 at 03:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events