U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-06-2015, 11:27 AM
 
Location: NWA/SWMO
2,748 posts, read 2,614,148 times
Reputation: 2654

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Count yourself as fortunate, then.

I'm an old white guy with absolutely no record, look like a straight arrow, drive a nice clean low profile vehicle, have low insurance rates and I've been hassled by cops on several occasions, and none of them in my "reckless youth" years.

And both of my brothers are LEOs. One of them in NW Arkansas, btw.

Keep in mind that practically everything an individual owns can be confiscated and sold under crazy drug enforcement laws in many jurisdictions and you'll understand the eagerness to invade homes on flimsy pretenses. As some LE depts continue to devolve into uniformed revenue collection agencies, this pattern of misbehavior on their part can be expected to increase, I'll wager.
Interesting. I've been stopped for speeding, no left head-light (burned out), window-tint, avoiding a traffic light (not really my intention), and "just because I wanted to check out your car" back when I had a cammed up 5.0 GT fox body (very popular in S.TX where I was stopped).

Under no circumstance have I been treated rudely, or unfairly.

I have been stopped by Whites, Blacks, and Hispanics.

All have been male.

They have aged from 20's to 50/60's.

I simply have not had an issue. Maybe it's me...I just don't have a problem with officers. I really just don't. One even left me alone in my Jeep with my suppressed M4 sitting on the passenger seat. THAT level of trust in ME made me uncomfortable, even! I guess I just don't give off the vibe that attracts a hassle from 'em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2015, 11:28 AM
 
Location: NWA/SWMO
2,748 posts, read 2,614,148 times
Reputation: 2654
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
How many janitors & retail clerks shoot people? Arresting people for cannabis, which can help people live longer & in better health, should be questioned by everyone. We know police got paid & got equipment prior to the Controlled Substances Act of 1970, which allowed up to 20 years in prison for harmless people. Why should the harmless be harmed? Cannabis oil could have saved the lives of many police officers who had cancer & other often fatal illnesses.

I know of police officers who died of skin cancer when cannabis oil can make it vanish as quickly as 4 days. Potheads know 100x what Docs & general public know about it & 1,000x what police & military lifers & career politicians know about it. But in 1800s nearly every Doc knew about the safety & benefits. It only became supposedly bad after patented synthetic medicine was created. Mark it way up for trillions!!!
Human lives don't matter, only money?
That's a crappy load of junk science. You need to stop reading "High Times" and start reading peer reviewed articles from the IOM, etc.

If curing cancer were as easy as Cannabis Oil...If only. Then it wouldn't be such a big secret that only potheads were in on. I promise. Besides, Pot is legal in India. My friends lived there for a few years. You could go and smoke pot in shops like people drink coffee at Starbucks in America. Here is a link to back up the anecdotal I just related:
http://www.imarijuana.com/laws/laws-by-country/india

So what about Cancer in India?
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/45399391.cms


Well...there goes that theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2015, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Northwest Arkansas
484 posts, read 327,941 times
Reputation: 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Interesting. I've been stopped for speeding, no left head-light (burned out), window-tint, avoiding a traffic light (not really my intention), and "just because I wanted to check out your car" back when I had a cammed up 5.0 GT fox body (very popular in S.TX where I was stopped).

Under no circumstance have I been treated rudely, or unfairly.

I have been stopped by Whites, Blacks, and Hispanics.

All have been male.

They have aged from 20's to 50/60's.

I simply have not had an issue. Maybe it's me...I just don't have a problem with officers. I really just don't. One even left me alone in my Jeep with my suppressed M4 sitting on the passenger seat. THAT level of trust in ME made me uncomfortable, even! I guess I just don't give off the vibe that attracts a hassle from 'em.
I'm really glad for you that you haven't had a bad experience. However I also am a "white male" like the previous poster said, and I have had two experiences that really stick out. One was a cop who pulled a gun on me when he claimed I didn't "pull over fast enough" since I was on a bridge and didn't want to stop in the lane with no shoulder available.

The other was when my fiancee was at work, someone with the same year model and color car switched plates with her, and then went and assaulted two people outside a grocery store. When my fiancee got home, we went outside to go to dinner and I noticed the plate was crooked and a different number. I had her call it in to the police station. Two officers came out and some ****ing early 20's pitbull rookie cop immediately jumped out and got in my face accusing me of assault and telling me I best "admit it now or face serious consequences" while spitting in my face. Any other grown man does that I knock his ass out. This punk was lucky he was a cop. Nonetheless, his older partner just stood there shaking his head and removing the plate for evidence. The pitbull cop kept saying that "I was clearly on the video" which I laughed at him and told him that was pretty amazing considering I was at work as a security officer and had several coworkers who could verify my whereabouts as well as being on surveillance cameras at work. Even after explaining our alibis and that there is no way it could be us, he kept accusing and threatening us. Of course they eventually caught the real criminals but we got no I am sorry phone calls or anything.

You can be a victim of crime in this country, and a victim of the police all in a day. Really sad that we pay our taxes so many young pissed off men can let off steam on the general public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2015, 04:43 PM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
6,695 posts, read 7,357,390 times
Reputation: 5443
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Really? Meth labs shouldn't be illegal? Because if you, by some miracle, have rental property and your tenant decides to cook up a batch of that wonderful, Drano-laced substance that infects the babies crawling on the floors of those places, AND the moron blows himself up, you know what? Your property is now and forever listed as a hazardous waste dump. Not only is it destroyed by Billy-Bob and his cousin/wife, but it will never, EVER be purchased by anyone, even if it's rebuilt to look like a palace.

Love the language "exhorbitantly expensive and highly ineffective" very impressive. Its ineffective because they don't lock up the monsters and leave them there. Cops are wrestling with the same zombies week in, week out.

Part of me wishes all the cops in the US would go on strike to show you cop-bashing ingrates what the world would be like without them. But I wouldn't want to be here if they did.
Cop bashing? I'm far from being a cop basher. About half of my family has, at one time or another, worked in law enforcement. Nothing in my post says anything about cops being bad people. However, I can be supportive of police officers and still disagree with some of the laws that they have to enforce. For that matter, many police officers that I know disagree with some of the laws that they have to enforce - including many of the drug laws that are on the books.

If you have a rental property and you are renting it out to people who are cooking meth, then you aren't doing your due diligence as a land lord. Nothing to do with it being illegal or legal, it's your property and you should be aware of what is happening on it, whether you are renting it out or not.

Quote:
Love the language "exhorbitantly expensive and highly ineffective" very impressive. Its ineffective because they don't lock up the monsters and leave them there. Cops are wrestling with the same zombies week in, week out.
No, it's ineffective because they aren't going after the true suppliers of the drugs, and they never will. It's ineffective because rather than locking down the borders in order to keep drugs out, they open up the borders wider and wider every year. It's ineffective because our government and people who believe in a nanny state have failed to learn the lessons of Prohibition, which showed that banning any substance or activity is a complete and utter waste of time. And due to all of those things, the War on Drugs is an exorbitant and unnecessary drain on taxpayer dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2015, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Keller, TX
5,644 posts, read 4,902,469 times
Reputation: 4047
The government needs to sell drugs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2015, 02:57 AM
 
Location: NWA/SWMO
2,748 posts, read 2,614,148 times
Reputation: 2654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
I'm really glad for you that you haven't had a bad experience. However I also am a "white male" like the previous poster said, and I have had two experiences that really stick out. One was a cop who pulled a gun on me when he claimed I didn't "pull over fast enough" since I was on a bridge and didn't want to stop in the lane with no shoulder available.

The other was when my fiancee was at work, someone with the same year model and color car switched plates with her, and then went and assaulted two people outside a grocery store. When my fiancee got home, we went outside to go to dinner and I noticed the plate was crooked and a different number. I had her call it in to the police station. Two officers came out and some ****ing early 20's pitbull rookie cop immediately jumped out and got in my face accusing me of assault and telling me I best "admit it now or face serious consequences" while spitting in my face. Any other grown man does that I knock his ass out. This punk was lucky he was a cop. Nonetheless, his older partner just stood there shaking his head and removing the plate for evidence. The pitbull cop kept saying that "I was clearly on the video" which I laughed at him and told him that was pretty amazing considering I was at work as a security officer and had several coworkers who could verify my whereabouts as well as being on surveillance cameras at work. Even after explaining our alibis and that there is no way it could be us, he kept accusing and threatening us. Of course they eventually caught the real criminals but we got no I am sorry phone calls or anything.

You can be a victim of crime in this country, and a victim of the police all in a day. Really sad that we pay our taxes so many young pissed off men can let off steam on the general public.
Sounds like you found 1 guy who maybe had a bad experience, etc. Maybe someone on the force was just attacked by a motorist who did similar? Doesn't make him right, but I can understand how it happened.

The second guy just sounds like a dick. They have jobs too, some choose to be cops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2015, 06:38 PM
 
Location: state of enlightenment
2,391 posts, read 4,562,965 times
Reputation: 2435
Default Cops get away with murder... again.

Death In The Devil's Chair: Florida Man's Pepper Spray Death Raises Questions About Jail Abuse

"By the end of the month, the grandfather of two, whose only prior run-in with the law was a DUI in the 1980s, would be strapped to a restraining chair in the Lee County, Fla. jail, coated with a thick layer of pepper spray, smothered in a "spit hood," then finally taken to a Florida hospital where, two days later, he would die."

Once again our glorious heroes in uniform show what they're really made of.
Attached Thumbnails
Cops murder 80yo man in bed-police-murder.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2015, 11:45 AM
 
13,482 posts, read 9,606,542 times
Reputation: 17435
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
Death In The Devil's Chair: Florida Man's Pepper Spray Death Raises Questions About Jail Abuse

"By the end of the month, the grandfather of two, whose only prior run-in with the law was a DUI in the 1980s, would be strapped to a restraining chair in the Lee County, Fla. jail, coated with a thick layer of pepper spray, smothered in a "spit hood," then finally taken to a Florida hospital where, two days later, he would die."

Once again our glorious heroes in uniform show what they're really made of.
Yikes! How do they even attempt to justify this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top