Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 10:41 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
So then why use the word AT ALL? Here's the thing about language-- it's not based off who gets to use it based on their skin color. I'd be just as happy if that word went away all together....but until it does, it's just another divide to say only some can use it.

I'm sorry, but blacks are not the only ethnic group in the history of mankind that has been given the total short end of the stick; but for some reason, seem the ones least likely to be able to overcome it, emotionally.
I'm sure you're familiar with Larry The Cable Guy, as he at one time was one of the more popular comedians in this country (why, I do not know).

Didn't he have a line that was something along the lines of, "You might be a redneck if..."

I guarantee you if I went up to a white person who dressed like that stereotype and called them a redneck, they wouldn't appreciate that. And then if I started to talk in a country dialect, that would **** them off even more. However, when another white guy uses it, it's funny. But not every white person uses the term 'redneck'.

It's the same thing with blacks and the 'n' word, except one word is far more offensive because of its history than the other term.

Regardless, I have no desire to call a white person or someone from the country a redneck, and that word is no where near as offensive as the 'n' word.

Get it, now??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 10:43 AM

2,080 posts, read 1,603,730 times
Any waiter who writes an insulting word on a customer's check, be it racist or merely rude, should expect to be fired as soon as the restaurant owner hears of it. Any other practice would be bad business.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:43 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,618,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
We'll agree to disagree, but I'm pretty sure I'm little more brushed up on my African American knowledge than you are.

Blacks...have words just as hateful to whites? That might be the funniest thing I've heard in 2015.

Yeah, I remember reading in my history books in school about how blacks made whites sit at separate counters, use separate facilities, made them sit in the back of the bus, turned water-hoses on them, lynched them for whistling at their black women, bombed their churches, harassed them when they were just trying to go school, etc., all while using a specific word to degrade and insult them, years after they enslaved them, unmercifully beat and whipped the men and raped the women.

Oh wait....

I'm sure some white people call other white friends cracker or redneck (you notice how I don't have to censor those words, right?), but I have no desire to use any of those terms towards white people. You get it now??

This is getting old. NOT ALL AFRICAN AMERICANS USE IT. Just because some use it doesn't mean you should be able to use it, when historically it had a negative/evil meaning when white people used it.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this.......but I cannot control what other black people do. Stop holding ME responsible for stuff THEY do. If they use the 'n' word in public, if they don't tip the waiter, if they wear their pants below their hips, that's what THEY do, but it doesn't reflect ME or the millions of African Americans that don't practice these behaviors.

Like I said, feel free to use it if your obsession/desire to use it is that strong. Just be prepared to handle the potential consequences.

I'm not holding YOU accountable for the use of the n word, I'm saying a large portion of blacks use it and it's rampant in rap and hip hop. It's a cultural issue that needs to be addressed on the whole. Change needs to happen on both sides from within

Old 01-07-2015, 10:46 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,207,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
And the waiter's name was Ragheed? So how pissed will he be when he gets called *******?

ETA: Damn filter, guess you will have to figure out what ******* stands for on your own.
naggers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiResident View Post
When a non dark skinned person says:

****** =>Slave

When a dark skinned person says:

****** => pal

****** really means Negro which is black in Spanish. The Spanish brought slaves from Africa and they were called negros in Florida because all slaves were Negros (Black)
only when it is spelled with an "A" at the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
And so, according to some posters, that makes it not as bad as when spelled with an 'R'. Whew! What a relief. Because I thought the world was going to end or something.

Arlington Texas Waiter Writes N-Word On African American Group’s Checks, Says ‘My Bad’ There it is: a picture of one of the offending checks. You can see an 'N' at the beginning and the desirable 'A' at the end. Armageddon averted. Heaven forbid the word should end in one of those twangy, kluxeresque, "Hard R" sounds.

Given that Ragheed is probably just as dark as were most of those customers, I think he's actually ALLOWED (if it's spelled with an 'A' on the end. ). But now, if an actual white Protestant named Cody had done it - even with the improved spelling - then obviously it would have been the worst thing that had ever happened in the history of the world. That's because a horrible crime, like using a word, gets worse and worse, as perpetrators get whiter and whiter.

Before we'd been informed that typing 'N---A' onto a bill had made Raheed "The World's Worst Waiter", I'd have thought that to get such a title, a person would have to:

1) Deliberately, and with malicious intent, take a serving of Chicken Kiev to a Jew or a Muslim (there's pork hidden inside...)

2) Spit in someone's food

3) Deliberately serve food laced with some horrible poison

4) Produce a gun, and execute a patron, like they do in gangster movies

5) Use one of those 'swiper' thingies, to steal credit card information

6) Drug patrons with the intent of robbing and/or raping them

7) Bring a customer regular Pepsi instead of Diet Pepsi (and that person turns out to be severely hypoglycemic like Gloria, and half-Sicilian like Gloria and Adam Lanza, and flips out during the resulting drop in blood sugar... and, unlike Gloria, knows how to shoot a gun, and goes around shooting people dead for the next six hours - all because a waiter took him/her a Regular Pepsi/Coke/Mountain Dew)

But now I know: writing a WORD is far, far worse. It's the worst thing a waiter has ever done, in the history of the World.
thanks for clearing that up. nevertheless, it would be unprofessional to say such a thing while on the clock. I wouldn't say "worst waiter in the world". the dude just overstepped his bounds in the workplace

Old 01-07-2015, 10:46 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Cracker, that's it. If a black person called me a cracker, I would laugh because it is just funny.
That is funny. I believe that was the same word Trayvon used on the phone to describe Zimmerman. Of course the outcome was not to his liking.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:48 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
I'm sure you're familiar with Larry The Cable Guy, as he at one time was one of the more popular comedians in this country (why, I do not know).

Didn't he have a line that was something along the lines of, "You might be a redneck if..."

I guarantee you if I went up to a white person who dressed like that stereotype and called them a redneck, they wouldn't appreciate that. And then if I started to talk in a country dialect, that would **** them off even more. However, when another white guy uses it, it's funny. But not every white person uses the term 'redneck'.

It's the same thing with blacks and the 'n' word, except one word is far more offensive because of its history than the other term.

Regardless, I have no desire to call a white person or someone from the country a redneck, and that word is no where near as offensive as the 'n' word.

Get it, now??
Yeah, that was Jeff Foxworthy. Not sure who Larry the Cable guy is, unless it's one & the same. I believe he was poking fun at himself too with those skits but I assure you, you're correct if someone said that to a person living in say Appalachia or anywhere in the south. In fact, it's happened on this here very forum. People get very ornery if you call people from the south redneck. Double standard much, hey? But hey, they'll turn around & feign innocence about the n word..."What? What's the problem? It's not offensive, blacks say it to each other all the time!" Again, I challenge them to walk up to a group of black guys & say that word & wait to see what happens. I suspect that person will be pounded into the pavement & I hope someone videotapes it. Keyboard commandos.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:50 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What word are you talking about?

In regards to your definition of racist, you describe it as a "belief". Why do you care what others believe if it is nothing more than that?
Lol, I like how you only address parts of my posts, while ignoring the rest.

Because if they were like the other keyboard warriors who didn't act on their belief with words or action, then I wouldn't care.

However, their belief can turn to action. Some racists can believe a particular race is inferior and be covertly racists, and you'd never know. I don't care. But it's those that take action against that group they consider inferior.

- Refusing to hire/promote them, even if they're the most qualified candidate.
- Verbally and emotionally assaulting them by calling them racial slurs.
- Physically attacking them, causing bodily harm or death.
- Spreading their garbage to others, particularly their children (no one is born racist, homophobic, etc.)

And there are many more examples.

I can't believe that was a serious question.

Quote:
Cracker, that's it. If a black person called me a cracker, I would laugh because it is just funny.
I do remember that term from my history books when I read up on segregation in the United States.

Lmao.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:53 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
....Again, I challenge them to walk up to a group of black guys & say that word & wait to see what happens. I suspect that person will be pounded into the pavement & I hope someone videotapes it. Keyboard commandos.
And if a Black man called a bunch of White guys 'cracker' in "Appalachia or anywhere in the south" (your words) at one time they might have met the same fate. Or worse.,

The only thing you are demonstrating now is that Blacks are just as capable at the same racist responses that are being claimed against Whites. You can't have it both ways.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:55 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And if a Black man called a bunch of White guys 'cracker' in "Appalachia or anywhere in the south" (your words) at one time they might have met the same fate. Or worse.,

The only thing you are demonstrating now is that Blacks are just as capable at the same racist responses that are being claimed against Whites. You can't have it both ways.
You can't have it both ways.....but you just said you could.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:55 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Lol, I like how you only address parts of my posts, while ignoring the rest..
I ignore the pointless, irrelevant and insulting. You pepper your posts with a great deal of this. They are a waste of time. It's more often the product of excessive weasel wording to actually hide the fact there is no logic behind something given as fact.

I will address the parts, if any, that are relevant to what I said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events