U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-05-2015, 12:57 PM
 
5,445 posts, read 4,413,219 times
Reputation: 14992

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Oh yeah, there is that attitude as well. Let's see-- You are the waiter and it's not my fault that you are in this position but you have chosen it- so you know you don't make anything and if I don't leave a tip-- it's your own fault. So, eat this..

Listen, there has to be waiters for restaurants. It's not up to anyone to pre-determine anyones ability based on their job.

If I am the chef, I have general liability and I also have to keep my business going and that is to include waiters. My tip would be on the bottom of the bill, because for number one-- it would take to much time for the ten or fifteen bucks.
This doesn't give you the right to insult people. They could be the worst customers in the world, that doesn't mean you can resort to calling them racial slurs. Also, as for this waiter, he had already had many complaints against him and he had only worked there for a couple of weeks.

Also, I generally tip well when I eat out, but if you insult me for any reason, then no I am not going to leave a tip. At that point, I no longer care about your lack of pay.

Knowing how this employee is, would you keep him as an employee on your staff if you owned a restaurant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2015, 01:01 PM
 
Location: East of the Sun, West of the Moon
15,014 posts, read 16,584,830 times
Reputation: 28896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I am not defending the waiter and if this is true it is horrible. However, it could be more to it.
There can always be more to it and there often is. However, you put a word like that on a check and any and every possible outcome and outrage is let out of the bag. To think such a thing would go unnoticed says more about the ignorance of the waiter than the strength of the word in today's society.

And any way you spell it, with an -r or an -a, it is the same. This mealy mouthed, but it's with an '-a' BS doesn't pass. Hell, where I grew up most people speak with a non-Rhotic accent, so it doesn't matter how you spell it, it sound like it ends with an 'a' so it's irrelevant.

If you are a server, you are going to get bad customers who don't tip, bad customers who do tip, good customers who dont tip, and good customers who do tip.

If you want to keep your job, if you want to be considered a decent human being, don't use extremely controversial language, however you spell it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2015, 01:06 PM
 
10,026 posts, read 8,869,914 times
Reputation: 5888
But for all we know the customers put that word on the receipt. That has happened before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2015, 02:36 PM
 
38,350 posts, read 15,386,340 times
Reputation: 16933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
When it comes to what black people think and feel, no it is not. You don't have incomplete information on this subject - you have no information whatsoever. That makes you unqualified to speak.
Considering that you know nothing about me, then using your own standards, that makes you unqualified to speak about me. i.e. Your opinion of me isn't the topic of this discussion.

I have commented on what has been put out in the media for all of us to have to endure, yet again. I pass my judgment on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2015, 02:38 PM
 
38,350 posts, read 15,386,340 times
Reputation: 16933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I guess it's appropriate then - to refer to my customers as spics, dagos, dinks, gringos, polacks . . . and so on and so forth because they occasionally refer to each other in this manner?

Make good business sense to you, Mr. Trump?
I'm flattered that you would ask me for business advice. However the very nature of the question and the fact that you have to ask it most likely means there is going to be a "For Lease" sign in your business by the end of the year. Sorry about that, but some are not cut out for business.

If you wish to ask me about the topic, I will be glad to address that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2015, 02:39 PM
 
38,350 posts, read 15,386,340 times
Reputation: 16933
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
But where does this mean that they are OK with the usage of this word in rap music? I don't agree with them 'parading themselves around', as you put it, but this doesn't mean that they agree to the word being used in the music.
And if you read what I actually said, I never said they did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2015, 03:12 PM
 
13,484 posts, read 9,625,462 times
Reputation: 17437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
But for all we know the customers put that word on the receipt. That has happened before.
Not in this case he admitted it. He said "my bad".

Can you imagine paying good money to be insulted like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2015, 03:19 PM
 
Location: New Market, MD
2,003 posts, read 2,455,881 times
Reputation: 2503
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL.

If someone wrote "the word that's considered proper & acceptable when used in Rap Music" on your receipt, would you leave a tip?

Why would I. But then can you claim I wasn't going to leave any anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2015, 04:01 PM
 
38,350 posts, read 15,386,340 times
Reputation: 16933
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Why would I. But then can you claim I wasn't going to leave any anyway?
I wouldn't claim that about you. Not unless you first got on TV and made silly claims that the White man (or for that matter, Syrians) was out to keep you down. Then I might consider it.

When one reeks of gasoline, they are usually the one who first threw it on the fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2015, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,933,175 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Considering that you know nothing about me, then using your own standards, that makes you unqualified to speak about me. i.e. Your opinion of me isn't the topic of this discussion.
You are the one who continues to contend that your opinion means something. When you say such twisted, uninformed things about black people, you must be called out on it. And so you have been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top