U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2015, 04:17 AM

38,449 posts, read 15,410,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
That must be something you pulled out of your ass, because I never said they don't use it. I said they can't use it in public without being thought of as racists. And since no white person who isn't a racist would ever consider using that word, using it is a pretty good indicator that the speaker is a racist.
So? I'm not scared of the word "racist" because it has lost any relevant meaning due to it's overuse. However I'll be fair to you. Please tell us your definition of "racist"? Black folk generally get very quiet when asked that question.
Quote:
You, obviously.
Nope. If I did, I wouldn't have said what I said because I know the R-word will be pulled out numerous times in response. You proved this several times here.
Quote:
According to WaldoKitty, you are no longer allowed to be offended when some black person uses a racist slur against you. Because equal opportunity.
LOL.

So basically to sum up your long diatribe. You don't like what I said about the topic, but you can't make any logical or common sense arguments against it. So you proceed to attack the messenger instead of the message. Case in point, you didn't say one thing about the actual topic at hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 04:38 AM

89 posts, read 101,642 times
sooooo....6 of them went to a restaurant at 230am and spent $1? and then immediately called the news? maybe they didnt get the memo, only whites can be racist, and complaining to the news is offensive to ragheed's religion. talk about a PC battle royale.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:09 AM

3,093 posts, read 3,994,105 times
Not sure why people are bothering to debate with WaldoKitty. At the very best he/she is a clever rabble rouser that enjoys frustrating others through their use of equivocation. At worst he/she is severely handicapped in their ability to think critically and logically and shouldn't be taken serious anyway.

Old 01-06-2015, 10:31 AM

12,089 posts, read 5,624,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Btw, I have been called anti white slurs much more than I called blacks slurs. If I can't call blacks those horrible words (and I wouldn't)they shouldn't be allowed to call me names either.
Sigh. Everytime a white person says this I roll my eyes. Why? Because not once have I or ANYONE I know been called some white slur by a black person. Nor have I nor anyone I know heard it said out loud by black people in conversation. However, my landlord, who is an old gay man, has called black people the n word. Keep in mind that many of our neighbors are black. I have no problem with them, in fact I get along with them. Even with the black man across the street that everyone else says is a total jerk, we get along. I live on a park, a park that many black & white people walk through & can totally hear conversations I have with people while I'm sitting on my porch. One night my landlord was sitting on my porch having some drinks with me & two friends. My landlord repeatedly said the n word during a conversation. I finally turned to him & told him that if he said that word one more time I was kicking him out of my place. Talk about disrespectful not only to the people who are within earshot but also to me. Needless to say, I have not heard him say that word in front of me since.

Old 01-06-2015, 10:47 AM

4,542 posts, read 4,483,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
For those who don't want to read the article, yes, the waiter pretty much admitted he did it.

World's Worst Waiter Writes N-Word on Check; Does Not Apologize - Eater
How is this any different when I take car service and I hear the term NTN

The car service I used to use the guy actually told me they have to pick up at least one NTN a day as it is a requirement

Old 01-06-2015, 11:39 AM

11,984 posts, read 6,596,605 times
They need to fire that waiter!! Oh, wait. They already did. Case closed. Next.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:40 AM

38,449 posts, read 15,410,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Not sure why people are bothering to debate with WaldoKitty. At the very best he/she is a clever rabble rouser that enjoys frustrating others through their use of equivocation. At worst he/she is severely handicapped in their ability to think critically and logically and shouldn't be taken serious anyway.
So far no debate that I can see. I've gotten two kinds of responses from this topic:
  1. Large amount of forumers who agree with what I've said and have responded as such, either by posting here, or by sending me rep. Sometimes both.
  2. A few, such as yourself, who can't logically argue against what I've said and instead try to discredit and insult. They don't like it. This I don't mind. It only lets me know what I said is correct.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:37 PM

6,742 posts, read 3,880,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
However, my landlord, who is an old gay man, has called black people the n word
Talk about ironic.

I always find it funny when certain minority groups are hateful of others, then turn around and want people to be tolerant of them, and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Because people choose to see/read what they want to see/read.

What possible reason would a non-black person, especially a white person, have to call a black person 'n-er'?

A word that for hundreds of years was and STILL IS used to defile, disenfranchise and degrade black people LONG before a different variation of the word with a different meaning came along in music.

That would be the equivalent of a heterosexual person wanting to call a homosexual person a ***, just because some homosexual people use various terms when jesting with one another.

And here we go again with the typical lumping of 40 million blacks into one group. Not all 40 million African Americans listen to rap, not all 40 million African Americans like the usage of 'n-a' in music and not all 40 million African Americans use any variation of the 'N' word, contrary to popular opinion around here.

And anyone with any sense at all knows when someone uses a word that is widely recognized by anyone with a pulse as a racial slur, there is NEVER any good connotations or positive meaning behind its usage.

I've almost become numb to it around here, but it's quite sad and sickening that someone (whether the story is real or not - that's beside the point) can call a group of black people the 'n' word, and there will be people here actually justifying it, based on things that don't deserve that kind of reaction (they were rude, they didn't tip, some black people use it, etc).

Faith in humanity continues to decline.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:46 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,873,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Sigh. Everytime a white person says this I roll my eyes. Why? Because not once have I or ANYONE I know been called some white slur by a black person. Nor have I nor anyone I know heard it said out loud by black people in conversation. However, my landlord, who is an old gay man, has called black people the n word. Keep in mind that many of our neighbors are black. I have no problem with them, in fact I get along with them. Even with the black man across the street that everyone else says is a total jerk, we get along. I live on a park, a park that many black & white people walk through & can totally hear conversations I have with people while I'm sitting on my porch. One night my landlord was sitting on my porch having some drinks with me & two friends. My landlord repeatedly said the n word during a conversation. I finally turned to him & told him that if he said that word one more time I was kicking him out of my place. Talk about disrespectful not only to the people who are within earshot but also to me. Needless to say, I have not heard him say that word in front of me since.
It happens more than people think. I lived in a black area for awhile (incidentally the same area I grew up in which used to be mixed)and while most were respectful, there were quite a few anti white people. One threw a rock at me and told me to leave "his" area (which is ironic since I lived there longer than him).

Old 01-06-2015, 01:29 PM

2,639 posts, read 5,065,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed. That is why I added "personal experience" to what I said. It's clear that I am not presenting it as something definitive. That's quite different over what you were trying do. It's called context.
I'm not referring to you, I'm referring to the poster that I initially responded to, where you attacked my response. They gave a blanket statement and I called them out on it. I don't like blanket statements, regardless of what skin tone is giving or receiving.

For example, saying "Asians can't drive" assumes you've been to every Asian country there is and seen every single Asian driver ever and confirmed independently and with credible others that they are not able to drive based on a subjective, assumptive decision tree. It's irritating because it's impossible - therefore why say it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or