U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-06-2015, 09:20 PM
 
Location: New York Area
13,402 posts, read 5,203,318 times
Reputation: 10753

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
If that's excellent, wth is good? Breathing?
I don't know, 2 1/2 or 3 out of those 4. But if non-breathing definitely not excellent.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2015, 10:17 PM
 
Location: Orlando, FL
12,256 posts, read 15,787,109 times
Reputation: 6600
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You seem to understand it quite well what it has to do with the situation. You simply don't like it.
No I don't understand at all. It seems like you're suggesting that people somehow have the right to be rude to a complete stranger based of the assumption that they might listen to a particular type of music.

So if you got shot while outside minding your own business, I guess it would be safe to say you shouldn't be upset that you were shot because at one point in time you watched a movie where someone shot someone else.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2015, 10:36 PM
 
Location: Texas
412 posts, read 377,248 times
Reputation: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
Old People, Europeans and African Americans are known as poor tippers in restaurants.

Business man on Expense Accounts and loud mouth Italian Americans Mafia Wannabe types are known as Big tippers.

Waitress work for tips and often are living paycheck to paycheck a large table that takes up most of night stiffing them could mean a missed car payment or an electric bill not getting paid. Hence they are reluctant to take those tables.

Chad Johnson "Ochocinco" the former famous football player and Dancing with the Stars Contestant actually always tips really big to help get rid of this stereotype . He even posts his tips on Twitter. Shows pictures of receipts etc. and waitress getting them.
But that would be ridiculous to assume that because some patrons are black they will be bad tippers, thus not treat them with respect. It is your job to treat all patrons with respect as a waiter, even if they are not great (except in extreme circumstances).
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2015, 12:03 AM
 
Location: the Permian Basin
4,093 posts, read 2,819,540 times
Reputation: 5663
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
good customers who dont tip
A customer who doesn't tip is not a good customer, period.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2015, 02:13 AM
 
38,060 posts, read 15,286,103 times
Reputation: 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
No I don't understand at all. ....
I think you are trying to be obtuse to avoid the actual point made by me, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt here and respond in kind. So lets see here:
It seems like you're suggesting that people somehow have the right to be rude to a complete strange
non-sequitur, Nope. Good manners are not a civil or legal right. This is something that your parents teach you.
So if you got shot while outside minding your own business, I guess it would be safe to say you shouldn't be upset that you were shot because at one point in time you watched a movie where someone shot someone else.
You are making guesses about your own hypothetical situation.

Nowhere in your response to me did you actually address the topic or my post about it.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 01-07-2015 at 02:31 AM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2015, 05:17 AM
 
Location: New Market, MD
2,003 posts, read 2,449,358 times
Reputation: 2503
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I think you are trying to be obtuse to avoid the actual point made by me, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt here and respond in kind. So lets see here:
It seems like you're suggesting that people somehow have the right to be rude to a complete strange
non-sequitur, Nope. Good manners are not a civil or legal right. This is something that your parents teach you.
So if you got shot while outside minding your own business, I guess it would be safe to say you shouldn't be upset that you were shot because at one point in time you watched a movie where someone shot someone else.
You are making guesses about your own hypothetical situation.

Nowhere in your response to me did you actually address the topic or my post about it.
Would you do us a favor and please explain in simple language what you are trying to say that relates "directly" with the news we are discussing? If you do so I'll leave you a rep as well
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2015, 05:49 AM
 
Location: Orlando, FL
12,256 posts, read 15,787,109 times
Reputation: 6600
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I think you are trying to be obtuse to avoid the actual point made by me, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt here and respond in kind. So lets see here:
It seems like you're suggesting that people somehow have the right to be rude to a complete strange
non-sequitur, Nope. Good manners are not a civil or legal right. This is something that your parents teach you.
So if you got shot while outside minding your own business, I guess it would be safe to say you shouldn't be upset that you were shot because at one point in time you watched a movie where someone shot someone else.
You are making guesses about your own hypothetical situation.

Nowhere in your response to me did you actually address the topic or my post about it.
Wait didn't you start this whole conversation with "I wonder how many of those offended listen to music with the N word in it?"

So isn't your point is not that people shouldn't be offended by being called a name because they might have listened to a song with that same offensive word in it? I'm trying to follow your lack of logic but it's difficult.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2015, 07:14 AM
 
Location: Rochester NY (western NY)
1,022 posts, read 1,555,457 times
Reputation: 2310
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
*snip* I don't understand reality *snip*
There, I took your entire long winded and irrational rant and made it simpler for you and everyone else, you're welcome
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2015, 07:16 AM
 
12,043 posts, read 5,592,884 times
Reputation: 13571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
A customer who doesn't tip is not a good customer, period.
There is only one time that I can think of that I did not tip a waitress. The reason was because she preferred to flirt & do shots with the table of guys next to my friend & I. When she came to take our order, she was distracted by the table of guys & had to ask us to repeat our order. Then, she would disappear & reappear only to be seen talking to the guys. Then I saw her do a shot with them. That was the final straw. What I should've done was talk to management but you know, some places just don't care. I preferred to just not tip her. I'm sure she got the message. That was the one & only time that I can think of because that was the only time I can remember getting such horrid service. Other than that, I tip good.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2015, 07:37 AM
 
Location: Wandering in the Dothraki sea
1,342 posts, read 1,211,431 times
Reputation: 3227
For everyone who wants to believe that there's no difference in tipping between blacks and whites: Cornell did a study on it and you're wrong. (Though anyone who has ever been a server already knew that)

https://www.hotelschool.cornell.edu/...act-13851.html


Even my black coworkers didn't want to wait on black customers. Sorry, but more often than not they are just terrible.

Also, the entire notion that a word is off limits to certain people based on their skin color is amazingly stupid, and further keeps a divide up.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top