Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 08:23 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

For those who don't want to read the article, yes, the waiter pretty much admitted he did it.

World's Worst Waiter Writes N-Word on Check; Does Not Apologize - Eater

Quote:
Maybe this year people should resolve to stop writing racist notes on receipts. According to KHOU, six black friends went to dinner at Shatila Lebanese Grill in Arlington, Texas to celebrate the New Year. But the night ended in on a bitter note when the group received receipts labeled with the N-word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 09:15 PM

7,074 posts, read 8,934,859 times
And the waiter's name was Ragheed? So how pissed will he be when he gets called *******?

ETA: Damn filter, guess you will have to figure out what ******* stands for on your own.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:33 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
I admire the class of the six guests and the response of the owner.

"Mike Salame, the owner of the restaurant, was quick to apologize noting that he was incredibly embarrassed. The waiter was immediately fired.

World's Worst Waiter Writes N-Word on Check; Does Not Apologize - Eater

"The friends had just come from a New Year's Eve church service. They wanted to celebrate together, but instead they left shocked and disappointed.

Knowing me I would have acted a fool if I didn't have my head on straight,' said J'Vaughn Flippin."

"Justyce Hill says it's not the way she wanted to start 2015.

'They made the wrong judge of character with us. We are not that and we don't call each other that,' said Hill.

They'll admit it stings a lot worse now, many hours removed. They wouldn't change how they reacted, especially after just hearing a New Year's church message on forgiveness and staying positive.

'We handled ourselves the way we were taught how to handle ourselves. I would forgive him," said Hill. ' "

http://www.khou.com/story/news/local...eipt/21178593/

Old 01-03-2015, 03:41 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
I wonder how many of those falsely outraged people listen to rap music peppered with the word "that no White person is allowed to say".

Old 01-03-2015, 07:16 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,986,661 times
Blacks have long had a bad reputation as horrible tippers in the restaurant industry.

I did laugh when the offended parties were upset with racist labels and would have preferred sexist labels, per the article.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:29 AM

1,677 posts, read 2,486,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I wonder how many of those falsely outraged people listen to rap music peppered with the word "that no White person is allowed to say".
What they listen to is none of your business as long as they weren't in public using offensive language or throwing racial slurs at someone else. Funny how every last situation involving a black person is twisted into being their fault, even people coming into a restaurant to eat just like anyone else. But oh, they might listen to rap music so they deserve to be called the n word.

Give me a break.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:48 AM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
From the news link: "We tried not to make a big deal of it." By running to the press to report it??

Seriously, why do people think they have to go to the local news station to report if someone calls themnames? The 18 year old Syrian waiter was fired on the spot. Wasn't that enough? Those insulted had just come from church. Jesus teaches to turn the other cheek.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:50 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
I'm glad the waiter was fired but with a name like Ragheed I suspect he might have been Lebanese and probably the victim of racism himself and that is pretty sad. Sounds like Ragheed was not having a good night.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:58 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
.... Funny how every last situation involving a black person is twisted into being their fault,
So in other words,
  • if a Black person says the word, there is no offense. It's "art".
  • if a White person says the word, it's automatically assumed to be a racial thing, even when the White says it was a joke.
The hypocrisy runs very deep here.

Quote:
Give me a break.
Now I agree with this part of your post completely.

Give us all a break from the false outrage. If members of the Black race don't want to keep hearing more of it, then they should stop walking around with huge asses on their shoulders.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:58 AM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'm glad the waiter was fired but with a name like Ragheed I suspect he might have been Lebanese and probably the victim of racism himself and that is pretty sad. Sounds like Ragheed was not having a good night.
The post right above yours states he is of Syrian decent. No guessing needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events