Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 04:16 PM

37,101 posts, read 41,233,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewimaech235 View Post
Barack Obama considers anyone making over $200,000 to be rich, and this family definitely fulfills his requirements, and to an higher extent than that. This girl isn't in any financial struggle with what she's going to get, and it's a shame that a fund is being set up for her. She clearly doesn't need it. Maybe she'll use it to take more vacations (no offense but you have to do something with your money) when she realizes how much she has alone without any assistance from the public. She already had enough for college, a nice car, and a decent house combined, and she needs more money?
How do you know the family makes over $200,000?

The family business, which has eleven employees, takes in estimated gross receipts of $910,000 per year. You clearly have no concept of how small businesses work - and that is indeed a small retail business. After buying the stock they sell, covering taxes (payroll and property) and utilities, buying office supplies, maintaining the building (even if they do not pay rent), buying and maintaining delivery vehicles, and paying non family members who are employees, it would be virtually impossible for any single family member to get a salary of $200,000. That would be 22% of the gross. Not going to happen. I know. I crunch all those numbers for DH's small business.

Sailor's dad would not be raking in piles of dough as a flight instructor, either.

We also have no idea what assets the family has. It could be millions or it could be a mortgaged home and not much else. The point is that you do not know. The fact that the fund has been set up suggests that it's not millions.

It just boggles the mind that you are convinced that anyone who owns a small plane is by definition a multi-millionaire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 04:18 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,327,268 times
Quote:
Oh, giving the rich even more money? Heck, they just get wealthier, and all of the publicity!? Wow, she's turning into a celebrity. I bet a poor girl who survived a car wreck in a 2007 suburban isn't going to get as much money as she is. She's set for life. Yours truly, America. Feeling a lot of sympathy for 2007 girl. She's the real girl getting screwed over.
Quote:
Barack Obama considers anyone making over $200,000 to be rich, and this family definitely fulfills his requirements, and to an higher extent than that. This girl isn't in any financial struggle with what she's going to get, and it's a shame that a fund is being set up for her. She clearly doesn't need it. Maybe she'll use it to take more vacations (no offense but you have to do something with your money) when she realizes how much she has alone without any assistance from the public. She already had enough for college, a nice car, and a decent house combined, and she needs more money?
And just who decided that a Leftist cult should sit in judgement on this?

Posts like the one above prove that what rolls downhill also sticks together.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 01-06-2015 at 04:31 PM..

Old 01-06-2015, 04:27 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,782,261 times
Quote:
I have reported you to the appropriate officials. You don't call anybody a moron on here. I'm not calling anyone names, and you are creating a provoking post. Definitely reported. I'll take criticism, but I'm not going to sit here, and be insulted by someone who disagrees with me.
Oh, don't get your undergarments in a twist... I edited it to protect your sensitive feelings. It's not even worth wasting any more time on you. You obviously have willfully ignorant ideas, even though you have no idea what you're talking about.

If your ideas are TRULY not willfully ignorant, answer two simple questions for the benefit of those who are sticking around to listen to your demented "thoughts":

What is the family's net worth?

How is net worth related to the death of your entire immediate family?

Old 01-06-2015, 04:35 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,435,785 times
Quote:
For a third time I am asking you, "How do you know what this family's financial situation is?" Many Americans have enough for college, a nice car and a decent house. That doesn't make them wealthy.

You said you are willing to take criticism but why aren't you willing to back up your statements? All I see is a lot of rhetoric to hide the fact that your comments are based on pure conjecture and you have no proof of their validity.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:47 PM

703 posts, read 870,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
For a third time I am asking you, "How do you know what this family's financial situation is?" Many Americans have enough for college, a nice car and a decent house. That doesn't make them wealthy.

You said you are willing to take criticism but why aren't you willing to back up your statements? All I see is a lot of rhetoric to hide the fact that your comments are based on pure conjecture and you have no proof of their validity.
For a child right after or in HS? Definitely not.

It's funny how many of you can't see the obvious. I guess if a girl behind a Lamborghini dies behind a car crash and had Louis Vuitton, an actual 24k gold-plated iphone 6+, a million dollars worth of jewelery on her, s/he probably wasn't the owner. She could have been some person driving it for someone.

Old 01-06-2015, 05:07 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,621,173 times
OP, you're the same person who posted a pic of a mountain range in the Florida forums and claimed it was the Everglades. You have no credibility.

Old 01-06-2015, 05:26 PM

703 posts, read 870,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
OP, you're the same person who posted a pic of a mountain range in the Florida forums and claimed it was the Everglades. You have no credibility.
Those were certainly the everglades. Check the link source.

Old 01-06-2015, 05:34 PM

240 posts, read 239,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
So, because she is presumably wealthy, it's hard for you to be sympathetic to a 7 year old who lost her parents/family?
Well said Stellar thanks for being the voice of reason

Old 01-06-2015, 05:42 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,621,173 times
Quote:
Those were certainly the everglades. Check the link source.
They are not the Everglades.

Pg. 53, post #523

Florida - The best state in the America?

Last edited by Not_liking_FL; 01-06-2015 at 06:41 PM..

Old 01-06-2015, 06:37 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,123,133 times
Quote:
I have reported you to the appropriate officials. You don't call anybody a moron on here. I'm not calling anyone names, and you are creating a provoking post. Definitely reported. I'll take criticism, but I'm not going to sit here, and be insulted by someone who disagrees with me.
If you want to report the post, report the post. No need to come back on here and cry and stomp your feet about it afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events