U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-06-2015, 03:57 PM
 
Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,305 posts, read 11,872,684 times
Reputation: 8043

Advertisements

The reason the Jessica Chambers thing is being buried, is because it was almost certainly done by black thugs, and authorities don't want to stir the pot further by arresting blacks just when they're on the verge of rioting around the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2015, 04:23 PM
 
65 posts, read 57,073 times
Reputation: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
They have earned the title "Street Sh+++++ Nation".

Why anyone would want to go to such a ghastly place is beyond me and when Chinese tourists give India the smack down you know it has to be bad.

The best way to visit India is by internet because you can always leave immediately.

Filthy India Photos, Chinese Netizen Reactions
My goodness those pictures!

But then again, it's not like NYC is a model of cleanliness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2015, 04:31 PM
 
65 posts, read 57,073 times
Reputation: 52


Nice map! Is there a similar map for the world?

I have been to all major countries in West Europe and East Asia and felt safe in all of them, except maybe slightly uneasy in Rome and Barcelona. Would like to see the comparison with India and the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2015, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
5,332 posts, read 2,925,342 times
Reputation: 6787
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
They have earned the title "Street Sh+++++ Nation".

Why anyone would want to go to such a ghastly place is beyond me and when Chinese tourists give India the smack down you know it has to be bad.

The best way to visit India is by internet because you can always leave immediately.

Filthy India Photos, Chinese Netizen Reactions

Good God. Those pictures are unbelievable. I made the mistake of eating while I was looking at them, and I couldn't finish either, I felt so nauseous.

Thanks for posting them, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2015, 04:52 PM
 
11,608 posts, read 17,619,326 times
Reputation: 17351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
6,000,000,000 non-US world population / 600 = 10,000,000 ....... wow! We're going to kill 10 million people! Ummmm ...... never mind.
LOL...I'm trying to work out the math in some of those statistics myself. Maybe he is including those that die from ingesting food from Kentucky Fried Chicken and McDonald's foreign outlets. Indeed, they are everywhere in the world.
I assume he pulled those statistics out of his **** or from some internet blog. Because of course, whatever you read on the internet, has to be true.

I really want to respond to that list because it's so nonsensical (oh no, the US caused 12 of 200 incidents! What incident you say? Who knows....who cares), but it would divert this topic too much.

Last edited by Dd714; 01-06-2015 at 05:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2015, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
28,316 posts, read 43,704,673 times
Reputation: 18887
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Oh ... and Americans living IN (or even near) "massive landfills"....

Do you live near America's big landfills? - Business - Forbes.com | NBC News
It may not be one of the biggest landfills, but the town of Milpitas (southeast Bay Area) has a STINKY one! I was working out there recently, and asked another employee what the stench was... her answer was simply "Milpitas." And this is a town with median household incomes over $100K, so we're not talking about a slum here.

Recent story on this, which is partly what made me think of it:
Neighbors Upset Over Milpitas Landfill, Say Smell is Unbearable | NBC Bay Area

As for India? I'd love to go there some day! Having grown up in/near Silicon Valley, I am quite familiar with the Indian people, food, culture, music, etc; and for the most part, I'm a big fan of it all. My sister spent her 3-week honeymoon in India, and most of my family members have at least visited once... none of them were raped AFAIK, and all reported having an amazing trip. It's not for everyone, of course, but to me and many others it's a place worth visiting. I visited & survived Israel during the first Gulf War (1992), so I'm not exactly the type who is easily intimidated. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2015, 06:55 PM
 
240 posts, read 186,867 times
Reputation: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
With all the stories in the news about gang rapes in India why would anyone go there?

Another reason to stay out.

India Failing to Control Open Defecation Blunts Nation
The bigger question is why the USA doesnt squash them econmically with sanctions until they show an effort to protect women
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2015, 08:33 PM
 
Location: USA
18,641 posts, read 13,826,238 times
Reputation: 12179
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
They have earned the title "Street Sh+++++ Nation".

Why anyone would want to go to such a ghastly place is beyond me and when Chinese tourists give India the smack down you know it has to be bad.

The best way to visit India is by internet because you can always leave immediately.

Filthy India Photos, Chinese Netizen Reactions
Those are some really discusting photos. Some of the worst I have seen. India has a wonderful history, but I won't be travelling there anytime soon.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 01-06-2015 at 08:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2015, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Kaliforneea
1,210 posts, read 862,995 times
Reputation: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyTam View Post
Your attempt to refute the stats I listed before is somewhat laughable. I have to ask. Do you understand the difference between an H-bomb and the bombs used at Pearl Harbor?
I did not attempt to refute any of your "stats".

You made a claim of a certain event or historical condition, and I provided a peer-reviewed, common-knowledge verifiable counterexample which nullified that particular claim - by any person who is at least as intelligent as someone who watched "Jeopardy with Alex Trebec". The "stats" you provided are dismissed by any person who has at least graduated from a public high school in the US as "stupid numbers made up on some Intenet blog" and therefore not worthy of commentary.

In regards to H (or A) or conventional bombs, I assure you as one anonymous Internet forum poster to another, I know More About [J. Robert Oppenheimer (and Lawrence) (and Fermi) (and Teller) their lives and the output of their work] Than You Ever Will.

Peace! American ex-pat living in Mexico City. You are dismissed and I will not speak to you again, as you lack sufficient intellectual rigor to be worthy of my time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2015, 09:33 PM
 
Location: California
4,446 posts, read 5,209,364 times
Reputation: 9185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Wow, I had no idea.

Rotting bodies all over the place being picked at by animals. Life must not have much value there.
Female lives have no value:

Gendercide Watch: Female Infanticide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top