U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 06:34 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 2,975,177 times

Advertisements

Do pit bulls like cats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 06:42 PM

21,627 posts, read 26,337,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
Do pit bulls like cats?
https://www.google.com/search?q=pit+...Q&ved=0CB0QsAQ

Old 01-05-2015, 07:42 PM

5,239 posts, read 6,543,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I said that I have seen no confirmation whether or not he had a weapon. Since I do not believe the officer would have pulled his weapon without reason, Lawrence did something that the officer perceived as threatening. I reserve judgement until I know more.

Lawrence's tox screen may prove interesting, too.

Lawrence had orders of protection from two different women. I would not be surprised if the animal belonged to one of them or to someone else that he had bad feelings about. I stand by my use of sketchy.

I will give him credit for taking it to the shelter rather than killing it, though.
There is no mention of him having a weapon, that from multiple sources. If he had one believe me they would have said so right away. I was a cop myself, but I don't take everything at face value either. I'd like to see the video on this one. I knew some officers that would escalate a situation just by their attitude and the way they handled things. The fact he had a protection order has nothing to do with this at all. He did not assault anyone at the shelter. He was upset they wouldn't take the cat without ID that suited them. They should have put the animals welfare first and accepted his paper as a sovereign citizen. They said they kept telling him to calm down (before shooting him), why didn't the officer just take the cat in and drop it off for him. That's how I would have handled it. The cat would have been safe and he would still be alive. And that surely would have calmed him down.

Then you read of stories like this. This poor dog in Alabama, shot in the head and left to die. Luckily the dog was found and survived. If anyone should be shot it's the SOB that shot this dog. And a few of the morons that commented too.

Dog Found Apparently Shot In The Head In Molino : NorthEscambia.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or