U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 09:26 PM

1,127 posts, read 924,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
They are changed at the polls and in courts, not on the streets with violence. And yes, until they are changed, "blindly obeying" is the answer if you want to remain intact. If you don't obey the laws, it is your fault when you get beat, shot, etc.

The human chain was to prevent the police from doing the job they are mandated to do. The people may have had the right idea, but it was the wrong FORUM. The police don't change the laws, they enforce the existing laws.
So you are all for the police using violence to enforce laws, because brown people deserved to get beaten down for sitting at the white section of the restaurant, or trying to get into a college or university. Rules is rules, right? If those brown people didn't want to get beaten down, they shouldn't have demanded equal treatment when the law allowed otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 10:26 PM

186 posts, read 182,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
So you are all for the police using violence to enforce laws, because brown people deserved to get beaten down for sitting at the white section of the restaurant, or trying to get into a college or university. Rules is rules, right? If those brown people didn't want to get beaten down, they shouldn't have demanded equal treatment when the law allowed otherwise.
Everybody - regardless of who or what they are - has places where they aren't welcome. That's a simple reality.

If people force themselves into places where they don't "belong", little good will come of it. If they want something like those of a group who won't accept them has established, the shunned group needs to build something similar for themselves in their own area. That applies to all groups, across the board.

If the members of one group have invented, built and advanced in every part of the world they've ever populated ..., while the members of a different group have more or less stagnated in every part of the world they've ever inhabited; how can those belonging to the stagnant group have any sense of entitlement to what those of the advanced group built for themselves?

How would you feel, if you built a log cabin for yourself - only to have a freeloader (who watched you build it) come along and demand that you share it with him?

Old 01-08-2015, 03:36 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,350,714 times
I'm saying unarmed citizens don't have the same opportunities to kill police as armed police do to kill those who don't wear their uniform. This is upsetting because people know it is unusual for police to pay any penalty for killing. If you hallucinated a gun, no problem, says Internal Affairs. So, what's in place to protect the people?

If penalties discourage doing wrong, cops are not very discouraged from killing unarmed people.

Can you be a *peace* officer if you insist on having a drug *war*? Aren't war & peace opposites?

Rick Simpson of Maccan, NS, put cannabis oil on people with various cancers & other fatal illnesses. Most were cured. He did it for free, using his $1.3 million life savings. US found out, told Canada to arrest him so he could get a life sentence for drug dealing. Life sentence for using life savings to heal thousands. Does that sound pretty fair to you?

Millions of police die from medical conditions that could have been prevented or helped by cannabis. Don't they care? Do cops protect each other enough if they aren't lobbying to get cannabis legal for all? 249 uses proven. It would make most people non-violent if anything would. Now some doctors & pill makers are saying psychiatric pills are causing suicides, homicides, & other violence! Aren't fake meds wonderful? They were based on an unproven theory that went unchallenged for half a century.

The fraud about cannabis has lasted much longer. 96% in internet polls say legalize. The public keeps increasing their knowledge about it, while many cops & pols make money ignoring wants of public.
In North Korea, cannabis is unrestricted, as is tobacco, indoors or outdoors, no age limits. Cannabis is sold in open markets. A reporter paid 84 cents US for a bag of it. Priced so all can afford it, & so manual laborers can soothe their sore muscles, so they can be back to work next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
And how would an unarmed civilian go about killing an armed peace officer?

Old 01-08-2015, 04:36 AM

10,408 posts, read 7,492,263 times
Where's a semi-automatic when you need one? I don't care what you think the police are doing wrong. When a mob attacks LEO's they should be drawing weapons. That would be a whole lot of degenerates eliminated.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:37 AM

4,677 posts, read 4,595,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
Don't be ridiculous. You're living in right wing denial land. You can watch HOURS of police brutality and malfeasance online. Imagine what doesn't get video recorded.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

Thomas Jefferson
Except that police officers are some of the most surveiled people in the US. We have a whole group of people here that like to follow them around off duty and outside their homes just to try to get that 30 seconds of lynch pin evidence that they are bad cops.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:11 AM

15,636 posts, read 9,677,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
I really wish they didn't get violent..otherwise I would have totally supported them in forming a human shield to prevent someone from getting arrested for smoking some ****in' weed. He was just walking down the road smoking a joint. WHO. CARES. In Florida no less, where the majority of the citizens in November wanted to legalize the damn thing. Sucks they had to get violent.

Uh, I think your math is off. The "majority of citizens did NOT want to legalize the damn thing". If the majority did, it would have passed.............most of us did not vote for it's legalization, and I was one of the ones who voted no.

And I bet Attorney John Morgan is really bummed out !

Don

Old 01-08-2015, 07:54 AM

5,644 posts, read 4,904,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The "majority of citizens did NOT want to legalize the damn thing". If the majority did, it would have passed.............most of us did not vote for it's legalization, and I was one of the ones who voted no.
You're absolutely right. What LordHelmit should have said was "the majority of intelligent, thinking citizens who recognize the indefensible and immoral waste of resources that is cannabis prohibition / drug war and who don't feel the need to control other people wanted to legalize the damn thing."

Last edited by Nepenthe; 01-08-2015 at 09:05 AM..

Old 01-08-2015, 08:03 AM

32,593 posts, read 17,670,639 times
Lightbulb No higher priorities on the police agenda that night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Feltser View Post
Four arrested after police stop turns into melee in Delray Beach, police said - Sun Sentinel

Well, maybe we should just make it so that blacks cannot be arrested by the police when they are committing crimes?
I'm sure over time they will stop feeling "oppressed" and will start getting along swimmingly with everyone else.

Maybe multiple cops trying to grab some random guy for lighting up a doob isn't good police work.

Maybe lots of folks saw video and heard audio of multiple cops roughing up and then killing a guy for suspicion of selling single cigs and thought this looked like a rough equivalent.

YMMV

Old 01-08-2015, 08:44 AM

5,489 posts, read 4,562,038 times
I have see the damage it does to people personally I know the drug is dangerous . People get more stupid, quite literally.
One particular friend both he and his father shared a trait of a fantastic memory, like you have never seen before in another human in your lifetime.
Now the son, due to using marajuana , that gift is gone, He is lucky to remember as much as a normal person.
I worked among several men ,we worked as fire fighters for the state forest service.
These guys were fairly smart individuals , however once they started smoking dope, that all changed and became more stupid as time went on , I actually became concerned about them working on a fire line and the safety of the rest.
I had another good friend the was using medical marajuana and it is destroying his home ,he is like a jeckel and hyde using that crap, and his wife and little children are suffering the results .
So don't be telling me lies abut how safe it is . 60 years of dealing with seeing all this is plenty of evidence for me it's poison.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:09 AM

5,644 posts, read 4,904,665 times
Thanks arleigh. Would you also agree the ravages of fast food and soda can be devastating and deadly? Why does society let people consume these things? Clearly something that can negatively impact a person who uses and abuses it to great excess must be made illegal, based on your examples. Let's put our heads together and think of all the things we'll want to prohibit from now on, shall we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or