Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 11:10 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
In North Korea, cannabis is unrestricted, as is tobacco, indoors or outdoors, no age limits. Cannabis is sold in open markets. A reporter paid 84 cents US for a bag of it. Priced so all can afford it, & so manual laborers can soothe their sore muscles, so they can be back to work next day.
Congratulations on the most ironic post of the thread!

Let's also adopt the ways of that OTHER bastion of freedom - Europe. Just like in Paris yesterday, NO GUNS on the cops! That'll keep them from ABUSING everybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 02:12 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
I'd support people forming a human shield to stop police from drug possession arrests, as long as they don't get violent before the police get violent... if the police get violent then it's gloves off.... Drug war needs to be ended, by any means necessary. If it means going against the 'laws' and being thugs, if that's what it takes... the politicians don't seem to be listening.

I don't support total anarchy but do support people sticking up for their rights and defending themselves against idiotic laws.

Old 01-08-2015, 02:17 PM

741 posts, read 914,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Cops can only enforce laws that have already been enacted by politicians.

Please post a link to the polls you mentioned, because the vast majority of the officers I know, including all those with whom I went through the academy, support decriminalization.
What do I win if I can post such links?

What do I win if I can post links that show police and prison guard unions actively opposing marijuana decriminalization?

What do I win if I can post links showing that polling data among law enforcement officers shows support for prohibition?

What do I win?

Old 01-08-2015, 02:17 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I'd support people forming a human shield to stop police from drug possession arrests, as long as they don't get violent before the police get violent... if the police get violent then it's gloves off.... Drug war needs to be ended, by any means necessary. If it means going against the 'laws' and being thugs, if that's what it takes... the politicians don't seem to be listening.

Stop voting for Democrats and Republicans. Both sides continue to keep the drug war alive. They're the ones that give LE their marching orders! Send them all a message, by voting them all out, and voting for candidates that champion individual rights and liberties, and will end this un-Constitutional war on drugs!

Old 01-08-2015, 02:19 PM

741 posts, read 914,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Congratulations on the most ironic post of the thread!

Let's also adopt the ways of that OTHER bastion of freedom - Europe. Just like in Paris yesterday, NO GUNS on the cops! That'll keep them from ABUSING everybody.
Do you think that people having the freedom to smoke marijuana is a bad idea?
But of course, you trail off onto some left-field tangent about guns... because 'freedom', right?

Speaking of the stench of irony... That's one of the more amusing things about the right wing. They are constantly crowing about 'freedom' as some mindless mantra, yet rigorously oppose it for basically everything that isn't more guns. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Old 01-08-2015, 02:21 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,781,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post

I don't support total anarchy but do support people sticking up for their rights and defending themselves against idiotic laws.
Ok, what if I get a bunch of people together who think that human trafficing, pedophelia, rape, and murder are ok? Would you support me for defending myself? Or are in favor of selective enforcement? We can't pick and choose what laws to obey without consequences. Even if we all agree they are stupid laws. As we evolve as a society, the laws will change accordingly

Last edited by Raiderman; 01-08-2015 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: fat fingers on a little phone.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:06 PM

925 posts, read 1,333,077 times
Arresting someone for smoking weed is overboard..

Old 01-09-2015, 03:47 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaba View Post
What do I win if I can post links that show police and prison guard unions actively opposing marijuana decriminalization?
Nothing. Unions represent the will of union leadership, not necessarily that of the members. Unions are self-serving entities, so of course the unions want as many laws on the books as possible to keep membership numbers up and dues flowing in.

Quote:
What do I win if I can post links showing that polling data among law enforcement officers shows support for prohibition?
Credibility, if your sources are credible.

Quote:
What do I win?
A gold star, a new car, the Publisher's Clearinghouse sweepstakes, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Last edited by Slowpoke_TX; 01-09-2015 at 03:48 AM.. Reason: syntax

Old 01-09-2015, 04:57 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Quote:
Do you think that people having the freedom to smoke marijuana is a bad idea?
But of course, you trail off onto some left-field tangent about guns... because 'freedom', right?

Speaking of the stench of irony... That's one of the more amusing things about the right wing. They are constantly crowing about 'freedom' as some mindless mantra, yet rigorously oppose it for basically everything that isn't more guns. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!
I didn't make a case for or against pot but you just LEAPED to that conclusion since I mocked you citing North Korea. Because, I guess: OMG THREATENING MY STASH!

I'm not a person who has to alter my consciousness so the concept of even WANTING to do so with ANYTHING is ludicrous to me and I have no respect whatsoever for anybody who does.

NOW.

HAHAHA using the word "freedom" referring to North Korea, one of the worst countries in the entire world.

The fact that you PRAISE NORTH KOREA for having pot offered practically FREE to the masses says it all. Do I HAVE TO spell it out for you?

How do you think they keep them in line? Well, besides starvation and torture.

Keep smoking. That's how congress got away with cutting your FULL TIME JOB from 40 hours to 30. Oh wait. That's probably a good thing, right?

Pot heads only care about one thing. POT.

ie "FREEDOM is a mindless mantra"?

I don't think South Korea thought that when AMERICA saved them from the North Korean invasion where 3 million people died.

More guns? One of the ONLY LIMITED POWERS the federal government was granted constitutionally was to PROTECT the citizens.

NOT TO GIVE STUPID FREE BIRTH CONTROL, for example.

And if you were actually educated about it, you'd realize it's not the government's job to be regulating POT, marriage, or practically anything else either and make that case. But you don't. Because you rather go for the drama and personal attacks.

Old 01-09-2015, 04:58 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Stop voting for Democrats and Republicans. Both sides continue to keep the drug war alive. They're the ones that give LE their marching orders! Send them all a message, by voting them all out, and voting for candidates that champion individual rights and liberties, and will end this un-Constitutional war on drugs!
Amen!! We need to break the establishment's stranglehold on power, and replace them with folks who hold libertarian beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events