U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2015, 12:52 PM

2,391 posts, read 4,566,753 times

Advertisements

Legal alcohol causing problems?
Alcohol poisoning kills more than six people each day in America, according to a new report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released today.
Surprising New Details About Alcohol Poisoning Deaths in New CDC Report - ABC News

Legal tobacco causing problems?
Tobacco-Related Cancer Fact Sheet
Deaths from lung cancer: 159,260
Tobacco use accounts for at least 30% of all cancer deaths, causing 87% of lung cancer deaths in men, and 70% of lung cancer deaths in women. (Source: Cancer Facts & Figures 2014)

The hypocrisy of the prohibitionists is astounding. They always hide behind the children (protect the little ones, protect the little ones) but their real agenda is controlling other people's lives.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:54 PM

12,089 posts, read 5,619,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Why would they, so they can pay $500 for something they can get now for half that?
Whoa, $500? For how much? Actually, how much does a half ounce cost in Colorado? I realize there are different strains, let's say just on average how much? Anyone know?

Old 01-08-2015, 12:56 PM

5,664 posts, read 2,516,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
Legal alcohol causing problems?
Alcohol poisoning kills more than six people each day in America, according to a new report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released today.
[url=http://abcnews.go.com/Health/surprising-details-alcohol-poisoning-deaths-cdc-report/story?id=28032244]Surprising New Details About Alcohol Poisoning Deaths in New CDC Report - ABC News[/url]

Legal tobacco causing problems?
Tobacco-Related Cancer Fact Sheet
Deaths from lung cancer: 159,260
Tobacco use accounts for at least 30% of all cancer deaths, causing 87% of lung cancer deaths in men, and 70% of lung cancer deaths in women. (Source: Cancer Facts & Figures 2014)

The hypocrisy of the prohibitionists is astounding. They always hide behind the children (Alcohol poisoning kills more than six people each day in America, according to a new report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released today. protect the little ones, protect the little ones) but their real agenda is controlling other people's lives.
Hey you there.......
These statistics you post have NO real comparison to pot.
Those are all legal, so studies can and have been done on them.
Pot is illegal, so studies have not even able to e done for YEARS as your stated products in your statistics
Doctors, hospitals haven't been collecting this info.. It's illegal, one is not going to tell their doctor they are smoking dope.

Make sense??!!

AMERICAN LUNG ASSOCIATION

Here is what the Lung Society has found.
Blows YOUR STATICS to the wayside.
where nicotine kills. Dope does a whole more here in this area with the lungs!!!!!!
Which would mean COPD, emphysema, etc

Following from American Lung Association

Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains cancer-causing chemicals. There are
33 cancer-causing chemicals contained in marijuana. Marijuana smoke also deposits tar
into the lungs. In fact, when equal amounts of marijuana and tobacco are smoked,
marijuana deposits four times as much tar into the lungs. This is because marijuana
joints are un-filtered and often more deeply inhaled than cigarettes.

Last edited by Atalanta; 01-08-2015 at 01:10 PM..

Old 01-08-2015, 01:00 PM

17,360 posts, read 14,884,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Whoa, $500? For how much? Actually, how much does a half ounce cost in Colorado? I realize there are different strains, let's say just on average how much? Anyone know?
I don't remember how much. The figure was from an inservice we had at a former job by a rep from a newly opened medical marijuana dispensary (it was a large hospital system here in NJ that invited her, so shout out to them for being open-minded) I can't remember the quantity you got for $500 that she said, but it wasn't much, supposed to last a month or so. I just remember being shocked at the price and thinking something like "that was $40 when I was 15!" Keep in mind that cigarettes were 60 cents a pack when I was 15 too, though

Old 01-08-2015, 01:04 PM

10,321 posts, read 4,144,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Hey you there.......

Pot is illegal, so studies have not even able to e done for YEARS as your stated products in your statistics
You can't be serious, are you?

I mean, here's just on link with studies back to 2000

http://norml.org/component/zoo/categ...ical-marijuana

Not to mention the studies that go on ALL OVER THE WORLD, specifically in Israel. Not to mention Portugal (that decriminalized all drugs), and Holland.

Also, the U.S. holds patents on medical marijuana, and run all sorts of labs and testing in Mississippi.

Last edited by Old Town FFX; 01-08-2015 at 01:30 PM..

Old 01-08-2015, 01:20 PM

2,181 posts, read 2,040,323 times
Quote:
Street prices are ~100 bucks for a quarter ounce of good stuff, so 400 bucks for a ounce. It's sometimes 120-140 bucks, sometimes 80-100 bucks depending on your location and the dealer.

Colorado prices right now are ~200 bucks for a ounce of high quality stuff. So it's actually way cheaper legally.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:20 PM

5,664 posts, read 2,516,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
You can't be serious, are you?

I mean, here's just on link with studies back to 2000

NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws

Not to mention the studies that go on ALL OVER THE WORLD, specifically in Israel. Not to mention Portugal (that decriminalized all drugs), and Holland.

Not to mention, the U.S. holds patents on medical marijuana, and run all sorts of labs and testing in Mississippi.

Okay, I will give you that.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:24 PM

12,089 posts, read 5,619,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Street prices are ~100 bucks for a quarter ounce of good stuff, so 400 bucks for a ounce. It's sometimes 120-140 bucks, sometimes 80-100 bucks depending on your location and the dealer.

Colorado prices right now are ~200 bucks for a ounce of high quality stuff. So it's actually way cheaper legally.
Wow, only $200 for an ounce for good stuff? I pay $100 for a half & the stuff I get is crap. This last baggie I'm not even sure is marijuana, lol. Barely a reaction. I don't really know how to tell the person I get it from that the stuff she gets is bunk & I refuse to pay that much for such poor quality. Unfortunately, that's the kind of stuff, or at least close to that kind of quality, that I get around here. Maybe it's the people I get it from. I just don't know how to find a better person to buy from who gets better quality. Such is the frustration. I wish I lived where I could just walk into a store & buy it. I can't even imagine.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:30 PM

10,321 posts, read 4,144,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains cancer-causing chemicals. There are
33 cancer-causing chemicals contained in marijuana. Marijuana smoke also deposits tar
into the lungs. In fact, when equal amounts of marijuana and tobacco are smoked,
marijuana deposits four times as much tar into the lungs. This is because marijuana
joints are un-filtered and often more deeply inhaled than cigarettes.[/b]
What do stats say when using a vaporizer?

Also, if the quality is good, sometimes one or two hits is all you need so it's less smoke being inhaled, whereas a smoker typically smokes a whole cigarette.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:34 PM

15,908 posts, read 9,659,183 times
Quote:
Wow, only $200 for an ounce for good stuff? I pay $100 for a half & the stuff I get is crap. This last baggie I'm not even sure is marijuana, lol. Barely a reaction. I don't really know how to tell the person I get it from that the stuff she gets is bunk & I refuse to pay that much for such poor quality. Unfortunately, that's the kind of stuff, or at least close to that kind of quality, that I get around here. Maybe it's the people I get it from. I just don't know how to find a better person to buy from who gets better quality. Such is the frustration. I wish I lived where I could just walk into a store & buy it. I can't even imagine.

I can get decent stuff for about $50.00 for a quarter. A neighbor of mine up the street who originally is from Indiana gets stuff from back home at $100.00 for a quarter. The stuff will blow your socks off (it's goooooood), but I'm not willing to pay that much for it! Amazing that we are stuck paying for something that we should be able to grow freely without being messed with!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.