U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-09-2015, 08:53 AM
 
Location: La Mesa Aka The Table
7,190 posts, read 7,527,496 times
Reputation: 7989

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
This was in Toldeo, Ohio. The population is majority white. So this ban will be acceptable. But just you wait till they try it when there is any hint whatsoever of majority non-white kids being banned. Then instead of a behavioral issue it will suddenly transmogrify into racism.


No end of common-sense issues have been derailed in this country by "race." Even though you'll see the same issues in countries that are effectively racially homogenous.
You see it as race,
i see it more as Disenfranchised undereducated Poor People.
There is huge mall here San Diego that is predominant shopped by blacks/Hispanics Teenagers, and the mall has flourish for 30 plus years.
People in the surrounding areas are all home owners, educated and didn't go run to a different neighborhood when someone that didn't look like them moved in next door
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-09-2015, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
21,023 posts, read 15,325,769 times
Reputation: 23856
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
You see it as race,
i see it more as Disenfranchised undereducated Poor People.
There is huge mall here San Diego that is predominant shopped by blacks/Hispanics Teenagers, and the mall has flourish for 30 plus years.
People in the surrounding areas are all home owners, educated and didn't go run to a different neighborhood when someone that didn't look like them moved in next door
I am disenfranchised as a white person born in Appalachia. Many of the people I grew up with either peddled or are addicted to drugs. Drugs, welfare, and fraud are ways of life in Appalachia. We didn't have the resources - good schools, safe communities, etc - that most in this country enjoy. But that doesn't give you the right to go vandalize the property of others, terrorize shoppers, and break the law. Poverty isn't a license to do whatever you want because of a perceived grievance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2015, 11:55 AM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,908 posts, read 9,651,702 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I am disenfranchised as a white person born in Appalachia. Many of the people I grew up with either peddled or are addicted to drugs. Drugs, welfare, and fraud are ways of life in Appalachia. We didn't have the resources - good schools, safe communities, etc - that most in this country enjoy. But that doesn't give you the right to go vandalize the property of others, terrorize shoppers, and break the law. Poverty isn't a license to do whatever you want because of a perceived grievance.

Bingo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2015, 02:36 PM
 
24,753 posts, read 26,824,957 times
Reputation: 22767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianator View Post
When I was in high school a few years ago I almost never had more than an hour of it to do anyway. The only ones that have hours of homework to do are those in multiple AP classes, and those students certainly aren't the types to cause trouble anywhere.
That's also part of the problem. Education standards and expectations are low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2015, 02:41 PM
 
4,590 posts, read 2,969,016 times
Reputation: 6840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Poverty isn't a license to do whatever you want because of a perceived grievance.
This bears repeating. Again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2015, 03:01 PM
 
Location: Lakewood OH
20,879 posts, read 22,467,179 times
Reputation: 32638
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Teenagers are scary because I'm old.
I have seen teenagers act scary to try and scare old people. Like the ones on the street who demand money. They seem to think just because someone is old they are easily scared. The kid who tried that on me got one heck of a surprise.

He learned a few new words to add to his vocabulary that day.

No one at any age should have to put up with harassment anyplace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2015, 04:13 PM
 
8,134 posts, read 4,460,899 times
Reputation: 8756
i wish we could get all kids even though with parent banned from supermarkets one day a week, a couple hours, to be able to shop without screaming kids running everywhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2015, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Valdosta (Atlanta Native)
3,444 posts, read 2,822,260 times
Reputation: 2148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Than You View Post
Most people aren't "scared." They simply want to shop, eat and enjoy themselves without having to deal with ghetto nonsense from ghetto trash.
Don't you think most teens want this too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2015, 09:19 PM
 
553 posts, read 336,082 times
Reputation: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
This was in Toldeo, Ohio. The population is majority white. So this ban will be acceptable. But just you wait till they try it when there is any hint whatsoever of majority non-white kids being banned. Then instead of a behavioral issue it will suddenly transmogrify into racism.


No end of common-sense issues have been derailed in this country by "race." Even though you'll see the same issues in countries that are effectively racially homogenous.

It is all part of the republican and democratic getting lobbied that we need to cook up more books on drawing board to feed the out of control prison system. Well the tax players food the bill on cops being tied up on trespassing calls at mall.

Next malls will be banning people in black hoodies and black puffy jacks because if you wear that you must be gangsta.

And I have to wait a hour for the cops to show up on my house alarm!! Well the crooks get a free pass because the cops are too busy dealing with cooked up laws.

The funding US fathers would be screaming over this. You can thank communism and fascism for this big government.

I guess giving adults tickets for no bike helmet, seat belt, life jacket, smoking pot or insurance is not good enough.The republican and democratic have to cook up more laws.

To the politics order cops not to respond to these bogus calls the tax players have to food the bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2015, 10:27 PM
 
Location: West of Louisiana, East of New Mexico
2,494 posts, read 1,856,094 times
Reputation: 5628
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
This was in Toldeo, Ohio. The population is majority white. So this ban will be acceptable. But just you wait till they try it when there is any hint whatsoever of majority non-white kids being banned. Then instead of a behavioral issue it will suddenly transmogrify into racism.


No end of common-sense issues have been derailed in this country by "race." Even though you'll see the same issues in countries that are effectively racially homogenous.
Playing that white race card, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top