Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 03:04 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,531,261 times

Advertisements

Absolutely disgusting, This man deserves death. Some disgusting woman in Newport, Oregon threw her 6 year old autistic son off a 150 foot bridge alive, she described the look of terror in hes face watching him get smaller before he hit the water with a fn smirk on her face... what a monster. She does not deserve to live either.

Mentally unstable? insanity?.. no crap, they threw thier flesh and blood child off a bridge. Society does not need these people for any reason whatsoever.

Police: Boy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 03:05 PM

573 posts, read 585,667 times
I think in cases like these, once it is proven he is responsible for the crime, he should be summarily executed. No delays, no appeals, just kill this mother****er.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:14 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,249,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
I think in cases like these, once it is proven he is responsible for the crime, he should be summarily executed. No delays, no appeals, just kill this mother****er.
What? Shouldn't he spend 20 years on death row while his case goes through millions of dollars worth of taxpayer-funded appeals? What's so special about him that he should get off easy and not have to go through all that?

Old 01-08-2015, 04:39 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
It has nothing to do with sanity, it is evil. These people are evil to their core and there is no help for them. Now, if they put someone like this in the general population in the prison............... I would tie them with wet rawhide, spread eagle in the desert sun, smile and walk away feeling justice was done.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:04 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Can you imagine the cop's thoughts that was chasing him and saw the guy stop and throw the kid over the bridge? He probably wished he could freeze the situation and grab that poor child.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:44 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,314,963 times
I finally got the nerve to read this story. He had assaulted his wife twice and his mother once. AND HAD CUSTODY OF THE GIRL! How does that even make sense? That poor baby.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:54 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Every post I read seems to focus on one thing: retribution against the offender.

Admittedly, this guy is beneath the level of worms and if someone were to kill him, I'd probably want to give them a medal.

However, the point no one addresses here is that there are children being raised by parents with dangerous mental illness. We ought to focus on constructing a system that removes children from these homes before something like this happens. Sickos or not, these events happen.

Perhaps, all parents should be required to undergo some kind of mental health evaluation? I used to not believe in that sort of thing. I'm not so sure anymore. The plain truth is that just because you can biologically have a child doesn't automatically make you a fit parent.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:05 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,978,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
Be careful what you wish for.

There is a belief that juries would be less willing to declare people guilty in a murder case if they knew the above would happen.

Why?

Deciding that someone should die is not an easy decision for normal people to make. They are worried that they may make a mistake, decide wrongly. With the appeal process, however, they can make their decision and know that if they are wrong, there is a decent chance the mistake will be caught before execution.

But what happens if the appeal process is taken away? If we say, "If you declare him guilty, he will be taken out and shot within 30 minutes of the verdict being read.", will people be so willing to condemn?

If they don't condemn and it is not a hung jury, then they declare him not guilty. If that happens, it's over, he's free.

Don't expect for everything to stay the same if one's day in court is reduced to just one pass.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:36 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,274,180 times
Yet again another child who probably would have been better off if she'd been aborted.

Because a few seconds of pain to cease functioning in utero could never be anywhere nearly as horrible as consciously being thrown to your death by your father. Not to mention the terrible conditions she probably suffered through for five whole years before that moment.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:41 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Every post I read seems to focus on one thing: retribution against the offender.

Admittedly, this guy is beneath the level of worms and if someone were to kill him, I'd probably want to give them a medal.

However, the point no one addresses here is that there are children being raised by parents with dangerous mental illness. We ought to focus on constructing a system that removes children from these homes before something like this happens. Sickos or not, these events happen.

Perhaps, all parents should be required to undergo some kind of mental health evaluation? I used to not believe in that sort of thing. I'm not so sure anymore. The plain truth is that just because you can biologically have a child doesn't automatically make you a fit parent.
I thought something similar when I read the related article about a mother who threw her autistic daughter over a bridge in Oregon. If the mother was stressed from caring for an autistic child, why didn't she seek help? Where are the Social Services people? There's no need to literally throw humans away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events