U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 06:10 PM

1,937 posts, read 1,162,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
and always remember, "there but for the grace of God go I."
Even if any and all gods were proven without a doubt not to exist tomorrow, nothing... absolutely nothing could make me throw my kids off a bridge.

The fact that you think only God's grace keeps you from doing so is disturbing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 06:15 PM

19,734 posts, read 8,248,292 times
This comes a day or two after two girls killed their brother in Florida. What's with all the white on white family crime in this state?

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/07/ju...da-fratricide/

Old 01-09-2015, 07:06 PM

170 posts, read 106,105 times
It's the typical reaction of blood thirsty individuals. But how does salivating for retribution help those that are still alive and or being abuse. The root of most of these situations including mass murder is mental illness. At what point do we as a nation make it a priority to identify and treat the problem before there are more tragedies?

Old 01-09-2015, 09:06 PM

3,064 posts, read 1,576,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondu54 View Post
It's the typical reaction of blood thirsty individuals. But how does salivating for retribution help those that are still alive and or being abuse. The root of most of these situations including mass murder is mental illness. At what point do we as a nation make it a priority to identify and treat the problem before there are more tragedies?

Total BS post. Not blood thirsty. Making excuses for somebody who murdered his daughter is disgusting. Do you defend pedophiles too as mentally ill? There comes a point in time where you just have had enough of animals posing as humans.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:10 PM

15,027 posts, read 8,568,934 times
It is too bad he cannot be sent to a Latin American prison.

They truly don't mess around in those places, this guy would be tortured before being chopped into pieces.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:31 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,024,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
This is really a sad story to read. I do wonder what the autopsy will show. My thought is that this was rushed. The guy drove 100mph past a cop without a care and then proceeded to toss his daughter over. I'm thinking the autopsy will show some other cause of death. I'm thinking something happened at home and he was trying to dispose of the evidence.
No, sadly she was alive when she was thrown off. She was a real cutie, too.

Police say girl was alive when father tossed her over bridge

Old 01-09-2015, 10:05 PM

1,548 posts, read 1,591,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
I'm an attorney and former prosecutor so I should know better and not say stuff like this.

It might be a deterrent if the father was caught -stripped naked and thrown off the bridge in a large public ceremony. Once he hit the water - the public could shoot him with whatever weapons they own. I really don't believe in shooting innocent animals unless a person is in a desperate situation for food (desperate does not = too lazy to go to Krogers).

Nevertheless it feels good!
Murder as a deterrent for mental illness... Interesting.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:52 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 2,951,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
Even if any and all gods were proven without a doubt not to exist tomorrow, nothing... absolutely nothing could make me throw my kids off a bridge.

The fact that you think only God's grace keeps you from doing so is disturbing.
You laugh at the mentally ill, and know it can never happen to you. But I wouldn't be surprised if this father had your attitude too. He probably laughed at the mentally ill and knew it could never happen to him.

Do you honestly believe there are any fathers so evil that they would suddenly decide to throw their 5 year old daughters off bridges for reasons other than insanity? Even his ex wife said everything was fine a few days earlier. Insanity or drugs are the only possible causes of such bizarre behavior.

People who say I'm making excuses for him are just stupid. I'm just trying to figure out his behavior, not make excuses.

Old 01-10-2015, 01:34 AM

998 posts, read 669,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Yet again another child who probably would have been better off if she'd been aborted.

Because a few seconds of pain to cease functioning in utero could never be anywhere nearly as horrible as consciously being thrown to your death by your father. Not to mention the terrible conditions she probably suffered through for five whole years before that moment.
Better still put her up for adoption so she could have lived and ejoyed her life. Killing is still killing.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:23 PM

3,720 posts, read 4,442,521 times
Why has this man been deemed mentally ill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or