U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-12-2015, 05:56 AM
 
5,664 posts, read 2,514,041 times
Reputation: 5117

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Maybe he was on drugs.
Could be also.

Drugs can induce physcosis.
All forms of drugs.
EVEN
marijuanna..... as some of you may have seen me here on the boards be very against legalization of pot. And be treated down right cruel cause of it.
Pot can and has caused schizophrenia.

I am not saying this is the case with this incident.

Just making aware of all the elements that can come into play.

Last edited by Atalanta; 01-12-2015 at 07:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-12-2015, 06:40 AM
 
5,165 posts, read 2,402,480 times
Reputation: 8198
OMG. I worked in CPS for years. And I STILL go into shock. I just can't stand this.

Vasectomies & tubal ligations are the only answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2015, 08:33 AM
 
Location: NW AR
2,438 posts, read 2,042,113 times
Reputation: 2245
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post



Would it make a difference to you if she were not a beautiful child? Beautiful or ugly, it is still a tragedy and in evaluation of the situation, I focus on the latter. While I don't believe I have any active case input, it is still a level of professional approach I use. Be motivated by the offense, not by the beauty of the victim.

Finally, for all the most painful ways to execute him, I do not dwell on such for at least 4 reasons. First of all, it's not healthy. Secondly, such executions are counter to the Constitution so why bother thinking about such when it can't be done and the Constitution is part of the guide line to professional behavior. Third, it's not the mission. There are times when one might have to use psychology and "get into the mind of a general of an opposing army". If so, then it might be necessary to dwell on such dark thoughts, find what is necessary to unnerve someone.....but that's not the case here.

Finally, you are the person with the gun, cop or otherwise. This has just happened. This man is in front of you. Are you going to take him into custody or .................................
I never said she was a beautiful child and that is off topic, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think that in a month or two, a caring relative should seek out a bona-fide spirit medium, and see what the girl has to say. Finding the real deal can be a bit of a challenge, though.

It sounds like there was mental illness on the father's part. "Hours before Pheobe's death, Jonchuck called his attorney "God", and asked her to translate the Bible", greenflute's article says. The att'y called police and child welfare authorities.
Yes.. I agree. I think she was drugged, or she was in some type of state she couldn't wake up from .Officals will know more when the autopsy is final.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 01-12-2015 at 08:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2015, 10:06 AM
 
5,445 posts, read 4,410,730 times
Reputation: 14992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondu54 View Post
It's the typical reaction of blood thirsty individuals. But how does salivating for retribution help those that are still alive and or being abuse. The root of most of these situations including mass murder is mental illness. At what point do we as a nation make it a priority to identify and treat the problem before there are more tragedies?
Actually, kill the father, and this DOES help those still alive. It prevents him from being able to kill another child in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2015, 10:20 AM
 
Location: NW AR
2,438 posts, read 2,042,113 times
Reputation: 2245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Could be also.

Drugs can induce physcosis.
All forms of drugs.
EVEN
marijuanna..... as some of you may have seen me here on the boards be very against legalization of pot. And be treated down right cruel cause of it.
Pot can and has caused schizophrenia.

I am not saying this is the case with this incident.

Just making aware of all the elements that can come into play.
I think there was an element involved in this. It was water. I think she was unconscious in the bathtub or he forgot about her in his paranoid delusions. He was essentially returning her to the state he found her in (or remembered she was in) and then blamed it on God. My .02. Autopsy will reveal more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2015, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Texas Hill Country
8,912 posts, read 4,847,166 times
Reputation: 7698
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I never said she was a beautiful child and that is off topic, really.

.........
Is it?

Dead is dead and if one starts differencing between a beautiful 12 year old, say Heidi Seeman, and a 50 year old toothless crack prostitute, then one is focusing more on the victim than the crime. One is saying that one kind of victim deserves more justice than another.

That's what gives us Green River Killers.

Dead is dead and if brought about by wrongful means, then they deserve equal justice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2015, 06:19 PM
 
Location: NW AR
2,438 posts, read 2,042,113 times
Reputation: 2245
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Is it?

Dead is dead and if one starts differencing between a beautiful 12 year old, say Heidi Seeman, and a 50 year old toothless crack prostitute, then one is focusing more on the victim than the crime. One is saying that one kind of victim deserves more justice than another.

That's what gives us Green River Killers.

Dead is dead and if brought about by wrongful means, then they deserve equal justice.
Well, yeah- the child is dead That is what the topic is about. I don't know why you are injecting your .02 on the words beautiful, or Hiedi Seeman or a 50 year old toothless crack prostitute, or the green river killers? It's against the law to commit murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2015, 04:11 AM
 
Location: Northern Maine
9,524 posts, read 14,313,796 times
Reputation: 9008
east outing muses:
"When I read stories like these I do sometimes wonder if there are ancient fire and brimstone demons blowing through the countryside looking for the mentally/morally/emotionally/spiritually (what have you) feeble to carry out evil acts."

They are called demons. If we believe in angels, we believe in demons. Those without religion will not understand. Many religions believe in demons. In the Muslim religion in Arabic they are called dhimmi. A large part of the Muslim religion has been taken over by evil. Locally they are called Hamas, AlQaida, ISIS, Boko Haram etc.

Evil should be fought where it appears. If it is an individual or a gang it can be fought by law enforcement. If it is a larger group it can be fought by the military. In the Muslim religion, evil is just accepted as something that is. Evil is dealt with on thieves as they have hands chopped off or are beheaded for more serious crimes. However, if a group of Muslims commits great evil crimes there is no retribution. They just accept it as the will of Allah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2015, 04:24 AM
 
Location: Northern Maine
9,524 posts, read 14,313,796 times
Reputation: 9008
eok wonders:
"Do you honestly believe there are any fathers so evil that they would suddenly decide to throw their 5 year old daughters off bridges for reasons other than insanity?"

On a Friday afternoon a kindergarten student did not get off the school bus. The driver told him to get off and the student said he could not. His family moved that day and they told him he had to live with the bus driver now.

The driver got off the bus, went to the house and they had obviously moved out. He called the school on the radio. This was before cell phones. The principal called the DHS and a temporary home was found here in town.

Police caught up with the large U-haul in Vermont. They were moving to California and did not have enough seats in the two trucks for everybody so they left the 5 year old in Maine. This family lived two places down the road from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2015, 07:19 PM
 
Location: Groveland, FL
1,268 posts, read 2,025,754 times
Reputation: 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
eok wonders:
"Do you honestly believe there are any fathers so evil that they would suddenly decide to throw their 5 year old daughters off bridges for reasons other than insanity?"

On a Friday afternoon a kindergarten student did not get off the school bus. The driver told him to get off and the student said he could not. His family moved that day and they told him he had to live with the bus driver now.

The driver got off the bus, went to the house and they had obviously moved out. He called the school on the radio. This was before cell phones. The principal called the DHS and a temporary home was found here in town.

Police caught up with the large U-haul in Vermont. They were moving to California and did not have enough seats in the two trucks for everybody so they left the 5 year old in Maine. This family lived two places down the road from me.
Poor little guy! I hope he was given to a good family after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top