Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2015, 07:23 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Trayvon was pounding Zimmerman's head against the concrete pavement. If GZ hadn't of shot Trayvon, Trayvon would have killed him.

Just how many times do you think GZ should have allowed Trayvon to pound his head against the pavement before he did anything?
He should not have put himself and Trayvonn in that situation in the first place.

The guy is a wingnut.

Ask yourself a question: How many times have I had the cops called on me for some sort of assault in the last few years? How many people have I pointed a gun at ?

Now. How about Zimmerman?

Old 01-10-2015, 08:09 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
A jury of 12 good men and women disagrees..
OJ got off too

Old 01-10-2015, 08:25 PM

4,502 posts, read 4,607,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
He should not have put himself and Trayvonn in that situation in the first place.

The guy is a wingnut.

Ask yourself a question: How many times have I had the cops called on me for some sort of assault in the last few years? How many people have I pointed a gun at ?

Now. How about Zimmerman?
While I do believe Zimmerman created the situation, Trayvon single-handedly escalated it by turning violent and beating the crap out of GZ. When a person turns violent, he should know there's a chance it may not end pretty.

Zimmerman did nothing to Trayvon that he desrved to have his head pounded repeatedly into the pavement.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:28 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,189 times
He should retry being a police officer again. That way he can do all of this and get paid for it. Then if anyone questions him, they can just say he's "on edge" and **** because.

But hey guys!

Zimmerman isn't a real thug (regardless of his decent sized criminal/violent history) -- the real thug was the unarmed Black teen!

Right guys?

Guys?

Old 01-10-2015, 08:36 PM

4,502 posts, read 4,607,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Poor ol Georgie should be in prison for stalking and manslaughter, just a matter of time before he does it again ... Or he starts a fight with someone that has a CCW and the problem is solved.
Oh please. Zimmerman retreated once the police dispatcher told him to. Once he retreated, Trayvon came after GZ and physically attacked him and would have beat him to death had Zimmerman not shot him.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:41 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I think Georgie is just misunderstood.
Yeah. I wonder if that idiot juror still feel sorry for that murdering POS.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:45 PM

244 posts, read 247,869 times
Zimmerfan-fiction writers are my favorite!

Old 01-10-2015, 08:47 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Jurors do make mistakes. Casey Anthony for example.

Don

Old 01-10-2015, 08:57 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
If GZ does not land behind bars, in all likelihood, it is just a matter of when he picks on the wrong one, and ends up in far worse shape than a jail stint.

This guy makes Barney Fife seem under control, and intelligent, too.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:41 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,908,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Said this twice and will say it again..

The sad part about this is that majority of Zimmerman defenders will NEVER have some introspection and say "Gee, maybe I was just wrong about this" because it was never about GZ to them. It was about their hatred for black males, that they deem to be "thugs" (and for many of them, just black males in general). It was about the fact that GZ got away with killing a no good n.... They can deny, and get into nonsense about how Trayvon attacked him blah blah blah but that is all window dressing.
By “Zimmerman defenders” do you mean all those who feel that GZ should not have been convicted?

I’ve said this several times in other threads, but it bears repeating: I don’t usually pay a lot of attention to these sensational cases that are covered endlessly on the news shows. Sometimes a case will grab my interest because of interesting legal questions, but I don’t get into the soap opera side of things. I don’t get worked up over the personalities of those involved in these cases.

While reminding myself (and all of you) that I (and you) don’t really know GZ, and know nothing about him except the way he’s portrayed in the news, I do think he seems like a lowlife. I could be wrong. Again, I (and you) don’t know GZ. If I’m right, and he is a lowlife, I don’t really care. As I said, I don’t get worked up over the soap opera nature of these cases or the personalities of those involved.

This case, though, has really caught my attention. Not because of any inclination to “defend” GZ or to criticize GZ personally, but because of the broader ramifications. If one knows what the law says about use of force and self-defense, and if one actually has studied the details of this case, then it becomes clear that there was zero evidence that GZ broke any law in the TM case, and in fact a bunch of evidence that he did not break any law.

In fact, if one also knows something of the amount of evidence needed to lawfully bring charges against someone, it’s clear that the local D.A. had it right: GZ should never have been charged with any crime. The local D.A. had it right that there was not enough evidence that GZ had broken any law, because in fact, as I pointed out above, there was no evidence at all that he had broken any law, and quite a bit of evidence that he had not.

What happened here was that a number of high-level state officials, who took the case out of the local D.A.'s hands, pandered to an enraged public, presumably in the hope of enhancing their political and career status, and colluded to work around those pesky laws and Constitutional rights that require that there actually be evidence of a crime before the authorities bring charges against a person. With several people in powerful positions all in collusion on this, they were able to bring charges without evidence.

That’s where my concern about broader ramifications comes in. If we accept the idea that public opinion, not the law, should be the basis of decisions about criminal charges and putting people on trial, I keep wondering what will be the next case where someone who breaks no law is charged and tried, and maybe convicted in some future case. And then what will be the next case after that and the next one after that, and . . .

Last edited by ogre; 01-10-2015 at 09:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events