U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-10-2015, 10:32 PM
 
Location: Lake Charles, LA
2,189 posts, read 2,403,441 times
Reputation: 737

Advertisements

You'd think he'd try to lay low but he just can't help himself. He has been in and out of trouble w/ the law since the summer of 2013.

 
Old 01-11-2015, 12:00 AM
 
46 posts, read 68,462 times
Reputation: 52
he has mental / violence issues. even his lawyer said so (in different words). I think he needs to be removed from society, be it prison or some sort of institution. he is dangerous, only a matter of time.
 
Old 01-11-2015, 04:22 AM
 
Location: Chandler, AZ
5,802 posts, read 5,466,776 times
Reputation: 3113
To the overwhelming majority of us he's about as relevant as the 'Duck Dynasty' clan, or the Kardashians, part of the cult whom I refer to as the DSR, or the Desperately Seeking Relevance crowd.
 
Old 01-11-2015, 04:52 AM
 
Location: Ohio
2,801 posts, read 1,833,098 times
Reputation: 1646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Trayvon was pounding Zimmerman's head against the concrete pavement. If GZ hadn't of shot Trayvon, Trayvon would have killed him.

Just how many times do you think GZ should have allowed Trayvon to pound his head against the pavement before he did anything?
If the Thug had stayed in his car as he was told ... If he had not stalked him ....

I guess you have NEVER walked home at night ...

I do not understand ya'lls thinking in this.
 
Old 01-11-2015, 06:01 AM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
17,628 posts, read 11,194,230 times
Reputation: 37672
Two things that I am curious about:

1) What does George to to support himself ? Does he work ? He must be eating regularly because he seems to stay pretty fat.

2) Why does his GF (or any woman) stay with this guy ? I mean, he isn't Brad Pitt, and he doesn't seem to be very cool.


And, yes, we have not heard the end of George. It has only been less than two years since the first incident, and he has been in numerous scrapes. Give him some time and something BIG will happen, I am willing to bet good money on that happening. He has had more run ins in two years than most of us accumulate in a lifetime !

Don
 
Old 01-11-2015, 08:18 AM
 
Location: Florida
22,329 posts, read 9,493,469 times
Reputation: 18228
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
The quotes above are a few examples of a way of thinking I’m seeing here. This view seems to go something like: He’s guilty because he seems like the kind of guy who would have done something violent.

That’s a seriously bad reason for convicting someone.

Suppose some guy has five convictions for robbing banks. Suppose somehow he’s out of prison. (Not sure how likely that is after five such convictions, but suppose.) Now suppose that tomorrow a bank is robbed just down the street from this guy’s house. At first this guy might seem a likely suspect, but not on closer inspection. Maybe he’s not charged with that robbery, and he’s certainly not convicted, because it turns out that there is zero evidence that he committed that robbery. In fact there’s evidence that he did not.

Then suppose that a year from now this guy commits a sixth bank robbery. In spite of the evidence that he did not commit the robbery in Jan. ’15, do you now assume that he must have done so after all? You know, just because his history shows that he always has been and apparently always will be prone to robbing banks. So you look back a year from now and assume that he must have committed the robbery in Jan. ’15 even though the evidence says he did not, just because he’s a bank-robbin’ kinda guy. Is that what you assume?

That’s what you’re doing in the Martin case if you say you’re changing your mind about thinking GZ was innocent because now he seems like the kind of guy who would have been guilty. Even though the evidence says that GZ broke no law in the TM case.

Food for thought.
Ok I've thought about it. This post reminds me of all the posts claiming Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin were thugs who deserved what they got because of acts they were "accused" of doing in the past.

Hope you defended them also.
 
Old 01-11-2015, 08:26 AM
 
Location: Florida
22,329 posts, read 9,493,469 times
Reputation: 18228
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Two things that I am curious about:

1) What does George to to support himself ? Does he work ? He must be eating regularly because he seems to stay pretty fat.

Don
He is a publicity hog who tries to make money off of his infamy.

And then people he has suckered complain the poor man is hounded by the media.

Is Zimmerman's Infamy The Selling Force For Painting - Celebnmusic247

DMX vs. Zimmerman Fight: Can Trayvon Rest in Peace? - Urban Cusp
 
Old 01-11-2015, 08:40 AM
 
45,268 posts, read 17,980,663 times
Reputation: 18959
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

And, yes, we have not heard the end of George. It has only been less than two years since the first incident, and he has been in numerous scrapes. Give him some time and something BIG will happen,
If he is attacked and kills another useless Thug, then I'm all for it. Otherwise, I don't care what his personal problems might be.
 
Old 01-11-2015, 09:23 AM
 
2,191 posts, read 3,054,586 times
Reputation: 2052
Zimmerman is looking very Hispanic in that mug shot, as opposed to the pics his supporters used, which tended to make him look "white". I'm sure his supporters will soon abandon him as "just another criminal Hispanic".
 
Old 01-11-2015, 09:28 AM
 
5,772 posts, read 13,735,409 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Ok I've thought about it. This post reminds me of all the posts claiming Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin were thugs who deserved what they got because of acts they were "accused" of doing in the past.

Hope you defended them also.
You've really misread things.

Actually, it looks as if you're saying the same thing I said in the post you quoted: that guilt or innocence in a given case should not be judged on the basis of what the person has done at other times. Looks like exactly the same point you're implying here, yet you criticize me for it. Please read more carefully.

While it's true that I've made several posts on this thread, and fairly long posts at that, if you have not read them all carefully, then you don't know the proper context for the post you quoted.

I've tried to make it clear that the only thing I'm "defending" is the idea that people need to be charged with and tried for crimes according to the law, not public sentiment. If we start to accept the idea that public sentiment against someone makes it acceptable to charge the person with a crime, even in the absence of evidence that he broke any law, we're all in trouble.

Last edited by ogre; 01-11-2015 at 09:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top