U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-11-2015, 09:37 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,494 posts, read 35,950,842 times
Reputation: 62902

Advertisements

I knew during the Trayvon trial that Zimmerman was and is a complete idiot. No, we haven't heard the last of him. He's stupid and violent - a bad combination.

 
Old 01-11-2015, 11:37 AM
 
Location: USA
13,266 posts, read 10,371,005 times
Reputation: 4228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Agree there were a large number of GZ supporters that race was the issue...but that knife can cut both ways...such as Ferguson demonstrations...there are race haters on both sides...GZ should have been convicted...not surprised to see him in trouble again...guns and stupid are a bad combination...
Agreed about the race haters/baiters. They're personally pissing me off about Ferguson because they are ruining a legitimate cause.


The majority of us have to start seeing through the race stuff and see situations for what they really are.
 
Old 01-11-2015, 11:52 AM
 
Location: Syracuse IS Central New York.
8,516 posts, read 3,943,701 times
Reputation: 4021
I imagine we will be hearing as part of his defense, that George Zimmerman is a victim in this latest incident and that the liberal media is out to destroy this law abiding patriot.
 
Old 01-11-2015, 11:55 AM
 
Location: NYC
1,788 posts, read 1,968,557 times
Reputation: 3424
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
You've really misread things.

Actually, it looks as if you're saying the same thing I said in the post you quoted: that guilt or innocence in a given case should not be judged on the basis of what the person has done at other times. Looks like exactly the same point you're implying here, yet you criticize me for it. Please read more carefully.

While it's true that I've made several posts on this thread, and fairly long posts at that, if you have not read them all carefully, then you don't know the proper context for the post you quoted.

I've tried to make it clear that the only thing I'm "defending" is the idea that people need to be charged with and tried for crimes according to the law, not public sentiment. If we start to accept the idea that public sentiment against someone makes it acceptable to charge the person with a crime, even in the absence of evidence that he broke any law, we're all in trouble.
I don't think anyone disagrees with that

We all know he's "innocent" by law for what he was charged with.

He was guilty for everything that happened that night, though.

I wonder how many of these staunch George Zimmerman supporters would, in their private thoughts, really and truly support someone carrying a loaded weapon and "patrolling" the streets where they live and their children play.
 
Old 01-11-2015, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma
6,751 posts, read 6,140,825 times
Reputation: 6026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post

At this point GZ was walking back toward his car parked near the front gate,

TM arrived back at the house, but instead of going inside and letting that be the end of it, TM went back around toward the front side to look for GZ. When he found GZ, TM approached GZ and then attacked him suddenly with a sucker-punch, immediately knocking GZ to the ground, pinning him down with that MMA “pound-’n’-ground” straddling pin, and started pummeling him.

It's pathetic that Zim supporters by this story. It's even more pathetic that Zim supporters won't admit that Zim's story is a lie.

And here is proof. What I bold faced in your post CANNOT be true.

Please take a one minute and look at this video.



Again, if TM "immediately knocked GZ to the ground and pinned him down at the "T" (which is on the way back to the truck) then TM's dead body COULD NOT have been located where they found it.

Besides everything else that makes him unsavory, add the fact that he LIED about what really transpired to the list.
 
Old 01-11-2015, 12:14 PM
 
62 posts, read 61,178 times
Reputation: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
We know what the end will be with this guy. He will end up shooting someone again.

He has psychological and anger issues and lots of guns.
I agree with you. I don't think we have heard the last of George Zimmerman yet. He's had 3 incidences of assault since the Trayvon trial. This man is a ticking time bomb.
 
Old 01-11-2015, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Sunrise
10,869 posts, read 14,212,078 times
Reputation: 9011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob30 View Post
This man is a ticking time bomb.

And still the "Of course we're not racist, but...." crowd supports him.
 
Old 01-11-2015, 01:42 PM
 
5,772 posts, read 13,704,558 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
At this point GZ was walking back toward his car parked near the front gate, while TM was heading away from GZ, toward the house at the back of the complex.

TM arrived back at the house, but instead of going inside and letting that be the end of it, TM went back around toward the front side to look for GZ. When he found GZ, TM approached GZ and then attacked him suddenly with a sucker-punch, immediately knocking GZ to the ground, pinning him down with that MMA “pound-’n’-ground” straddling pin, and started pummeling him.

It's pathetic that Zim supporters by this story. It's even more pathetic that Zim supporters won't admit that Zim's story is a lie.

And here is proof. What I bold faced in your post CANNOT be true.

Please take a one minute and look at this video.



Again, if TM "immediately knocked GZ to the ground and pinned him down at the "T" (which is on the way back to the truck) then TM's dead body COULD NOT have been located where they found it.

Besides everything else that makes him unsavory, add the fact that he LIED about what really transpired to the list.
You're not directly calling me a "Zim supporter" here, but it seems that you may be implying this, so I'll say yet again that I'm not especially a supporter or a critic of either George Zimmerman or Trayvon Martin. I'm a supporter of charging and convicting (or not) on the basis of law, and I find it dangerous and worthy of concern that public sentiment drove the prosecution of this case, and that this sort of criminal charging by mob rule could happen again if we don't learn something from this case.

I'm also not "buying" anything solely on the basis of GZ's story. I've drawn conclusions from the evidence.

Now, please explain to me how that video, all by itself, proves what you say it proves, or proves anything for that matter.

Here's an observation from a past LEO (so keep in mind that I used to do this for a living): Real investigations are seldom like what you see in basic entertainment kinds of cop shows on television. In the real world there is not usually going to be a so-called smoking gun. (Might seem like a poor choice of words in this case, but that is the term that's used.) In other words, there is usually not one piece of evidence that tells the story all by itself. Real-life investigations usually involve a painstaking process of piecing together little bits of information, and analyzing the way they all add up.

So again, I'm curious about your thoughts on why that video proves that my quote you put in bold CANNOT be true, because I'm not seeing it.

Last edited by ogre; 01-11-2015 at 01:51 PM..
 
Old 01-11-2015, 01:53 PM
 
Location: New Market, MD
2,093 posts, read 2,610,462 times
Reputation: 2621
I didn't know GZ was so stupid as he proved himself to be. I also knew he's going to be found not guilty by Jury as prosecutor just went to the limits even though there were not clear evidence that he did what he's charged for. IMO he should have served a few years in jail so that he does realize that he's not a cop but he didn't so here he is again doing something stupid. IMO he'll keep on doing stupid things unless he does something that locks him up for a few years.
 
Old 01-11-2015, 01:53 PM
 
Location: MI
52 posts, read 37,990 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Oh please. Zimmerman retreated once the police dispatcher told him to. Once he retreated, Trayvon came after GZ and physically attacked him and would have beat him to death had Zimmerman not shot him.
Did Trayvon go after GZ while GZ followed orders and remained in his car? Please tell me. Was Trayvon's body in the street next to GZ's truck/car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:50 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top