U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-26-2015, 02:27 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,742 posts, read 3,888,177 times
Reputation: 8522

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
The above has happened in Florida.
Quote:
According to court documents, an argument quickly escalated into a brawl involving 30 to 40 young men.

Giles reportedly was not involved in the melee but, separated from his friends, went outside to the car where he had a gun, for which he had a concealed carry permit. Giles put the weapon in his pants pocket and searched the crowd for his friends. Suddenly, he says, someone from the crowd punched him. Knocked to the ground and in fear for his life, Giles says he pulled out the gun and fired one shot into the leg of his alleged attacker.

Three men were injured, wounded by bullet fragments. Giles was immediately arrested and charged with second-degree attempted murder.

Aside from his having no criminal background, Giles’ supporters argue that he was merely defending himself from an unprovoked attack. In fact, when testifying in the case, the man who punched Giles, Courtney Thrower, admitted that the assault was random. “The first person I get to I’m going to hit,” he remembered thinking.
US airman stands his ground in Florida, sentenced to 25 years

 
Old 02-26-2015, 02:28 PM
 
38,675 posts, read 15,496,725 times
Reputation: 17021
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyInDeerPark View Post
I guess Zimmerman will be placed behind bars when he does something that is punishable by law.
Indeed. All these pronouncements here about how he represents a danger to society, but he was not found guilty of the charges by the jury in Florida and even found to be innocent of hate crime by the derelict Obama Administration. These facts speak for themselves.
 
Old 02-26-2015, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Eastern Shore of Maryland
5,941 posts, read 2,506,788 times
Reputation: 5609
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I've moved on from the decision by the jury, even before the decision reached by the DOJ.

How did you come to that conclusion about TM based on a picture (while ignoring the pictures of white kids doing illegal activities, again), yet you seem to not want to question GZ's character despite his multiple run-ins with the law.

Not sure if you have been paying attention, obviously not, but this thread is about GZ's continually getting arrested, continually demonstrating the loser that he is.

I'm hoping this poster is being sarcastic, unfortunately though, a lot of people probably share this same stupid sentiment.

Unlike you I watched the entire Court Proceedings and the evidence presented. That's the reason they have Courts and don't use your method of Mob Mentality, "moving on" before all the evidence is in.

For some one who says they care about Justice, you have a weird way of presenting it, by saying you aren't interested in a Trial or the results. The pictures reconfirms what the Jury found. Martin was a punk.

I didn't say anything about the other kids in the picture, because they are not in this thread, are they. Pay attention.

Doesn't matter what happens to GZ now, since it has nothing to do with Martins demise. That part is over. I don't blame you for trying to now say the thread has noting to do with GZ being found innocent, but trying to use that event to demonize GZ. You have nothing, and I realize that you need whatever dirt you can scrape up and deflect everything else.

Nope, Not being sarcastic. That's the way I feel, and so does the Majority. (So did the Jury)
 
Old 02-26-2015, 02:34 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,742 posts, read 3,888,177 times
Reputation: 8522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Unlike you I watched the entire Court Proceedings and the evidence presented. That's the reason they have Courts and don't use your method of Mob Mentality, "moving on" before all the evidence is in.

For some one who says they care about Justice, you have a weird way of presenting it, by saying you aren't interested in a Trial or the results. The pictures reconfirms what the Jury found. Martin was a punk.

I didn't say anything about the other kids in the picture, because they are not in this thread, are they. Pay attention.

Doesn't matter what happens to GZ now, since it has nothing to do with Martins demise. That part is over. I don't blame you for trying to now say the thread has noting to do with GZ being found innocent, but trying to use that event to demonize GZ. You have nothing, and I realize that you need whatever dirt you can scrape up and deflect everything else.
Pretty much responded exactly how I expected. Martin's the only punk here. GZ did nothing wrong. Par for the course. I don't need to use the TM case as evidence on the sorry excuse of a 'human' being that he is. He's been arrested several other times. He pointed a shotgun in a woman's face.

I guess expecting consistency is too much to ask from certain people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Nope, Not being sarcastic. That's the way I feel, and so does the Majority. (So did the Jury)
No one would be talking about him if he would stop getting arrested. What part of that you people aren't getting is beyond me.
 
Old 02-26-2015, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Eastern Shore of Maryland
5,941 posts, read 2,506,788 times
Reputation: 5609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
The law pretty much says that you can kill if you're getting your a$$ kicked and are in fear for your life, which is what he claims he did.
It's a stupid law. It's murder. It's not involuntary. Anyone who thinks he did the right thing is blinded by *insert whatever you want here.*
Its a great Law and saves Innocent lives. Like any other Law, if its abused, you get arrested and go to jail. You get charged and go to trial. That's how its done.

The Law works, and is good as is. Those of us who support the Constitution and the NRA will always fight to keep the rights of self defense.

Funny how some folks cry foul until its their butts that get kicked and or/robbed. Then they want blood. Its comical.
 
Old 02-26-2015, 02:44 PM
 
Location: Eastern Shore of Maryland
5,941 posts, read 2,506,788 times
Reputation: 5609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
So by your logic, I can walk up to a random dude, start a fight, lose miserably, and shoot him in self-defense... The law would probably let me get off with minimal punishment. It's a stupid law.
No, You got it wrong. You can walk up to a random "Dude," start a fight, and get you sorry butt shot off. Then at that point, you lose miserably and go to jail when done healing, if you survive.
 
Old 02-26-2015, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Seminole County, FL
7,819 posts, read 5,399,305 times
Reputation: 9540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Its a great Law and saves Innocent lives. Like any other Law, if its abused, you get arrested and go to jail. You get charged and go to trial. That's how its done.

The Law works, and is good as is. Those of us who support the Constitution and the NRA will always fight to keep the rights of self defense.

Funny how some folks cry foul until its their butts that get kicked and or/robbed. Then they want blood. Its comical.
The concept of the law is good, but it needs to be written in a manner that keeps it fair and consistent.
As it is right now, it's saved several lives, but also destroyed many others.
 
Old 02-26-2015, 02:51 PM
 
2,179 posts, read 1,731,820 times
Reputation: 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Posted in Social Media, its an open book to your personality and speaks volume. It says he is an individual that has contempt for everyone that views those pictures, and thinks of himself as a "Gangsta" Punk. The Court system said he was a menace to society, so shooting him was justified. Had he lived he would have been charged with a Felony Assault and been jailed as an adult.

Its know he had had gun negotiations, and its leaked he had police problems as a juvenile, but it was illegal to make them public.
Is she an individual that has contempt for everyone that views this picture, and thinks of herself as a "Gangsta" punk? And please link me where the court system "said he was a menace to society".


moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 02-28-2015 at 01:13 AM..
 
Old 02-26-2015, 02:55 PM
 
Location: Eastern Shore of Maryland
5,941 posts, read 2,506,788 times
Reputation: 5609
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I don't need to use the TM case as evidence on the sorry excuse of a 'human' being that he is. He's been arrested several other times. He pointed a shotgun in a woman's face.
We get it...We get it.... You don't need any reason to post negative and hate posts about GZ because you already made up your mind about him, and hate him, before the TM case was over...we get it....you already told us that....we get it.....your a supporter of the " I don't need no stinking evidence" crowd. I got it...its OK...

GZ was "accused" of pointing a shotgun. The wife was mad at him. She withdrew the charges after she cooled off, and the Police said there was no evidence he pulled a gun. End of story.

You gotta be running out of straws by now.
 
Old 02-26-2015, 02:57 PM
 
2,179 posts, read 1,731,820 times
Reputation: 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Pretty much responded exactly how I expected. Martin's the only punk here. GZ did nothing wrong. Par for the course. I don't need to use the TM case as evidence on the sorry excuse of a 'human' being that he is. He's been arrested several other times. He pointed a shotgun in a woman's face.

I guess expecting consistency is too much to ask from certain people.



No one would be talking about him if he would stop getting arrested. What part of that you people aren't getting is beyond me.
Exactly! The thread is about this imbecile constantly getting into legal trouble, but some of these guys are so fixated on trying to prove how much of devil TM was. Some of the same posters have the nerve to ask others to address the topic at hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top