U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-02-2015, 03:38 PM
 
Location: Seminole County, FL
7,741 posts, read 5,326,875 times
Reputation: 9363

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Do you believe it would be irrational for a thief to case a house by walking around by it and then calling his buddies in a car down the street and telling them it's all good? Does that strike you as crazy?

If you were in your home at night, would you be more likely to notice the headlights of a car circling your building are a person in dark clothing?

Unless you have thermal vision, I'd guess you'd notice car lights.
Makes sense.

 
Old 03-02-2015, 03:41 PM
 
38,060 posts, read 15,294,447 times
Reputation: 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
....
I was stating a fact. Not an opinion.
It's opinion. Not fact and a fallacy as well. You are creating a generalization to address the actions of a specific individual. You don't know the man, you were not there, and your viewpoint is clearly clouded by race beyond anything else. Conclusion: you are stating opinion.
 
Old 03-02-2015, 03:49 PM
 
Location: Seminole County, FL
7,741 posts, read 5,326,875 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's opinion. Not fact and a fallacy as well. You are creating a generalization to address the actions of a specific individual. You don't know the man, you were not there, and your viewpoint is clearly clouded by race beyond anything else. Conclusion: you are stating opinion.
A black teen you'd never seen in a predominantly white complex would stick out to ANYONE, no?
 
Old 03-02-2015, 03:50 PM
 
7,899 posts, read 3,726,695 times
Reputation: 10387
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Weight only matters when you have two trained fighters with comparable skills.

Is this really so confusing to you?
Well exactly.
It is not always the size of the dog in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the dog. This coming from a guy who is big and can handle myself.

Even a fat slob (picture a mobster looking thug) who knows how to push his weight around can be formidable. Yet another guy might crumble if you barely touch the guy. The same is true of guys who are muscle bound and can bench a ton of weight. Yet get into a fight with them, and they might start to cry when you knock them on their rear.

Also, before MMA had weight classes(which was insane but fun to watch), you had things like this happen at 1:25 in this compellation video;


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uzJCg8YZWc

Bottom line is that being big and strong is an advantage over a smaller person, IF you have the ability to fight, and you have heart. Otherwise a smaller guy can win the fight with the aforementioned no matter how big the guy is!
 
Old 03-02-2015, 04:13 PM
 
38,060 posts, read 15,294,447 times
Reputation: 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
A black teen you'd never seen in a predominantly white complex would stick out to ANYONE, no?
If you lived there, would he stick out to you?

"Sticking out" is in the eyes of the beholder. You are really alleging that Zimmerman shot Martin simply because TM is Black and GZ is a racist. Yet you have no proof of this beyond, apparently, your own biases. But here are some facts.
  • Zimmerman is Hispanic & Jewish
  • Zimmerman Tutored black children for FREE on weekends over the last several years.
I'd say your allegations and suggestions are unlikely, not supported by any evidence, known facts, and testimony in court including that from a Ms. Rachel Jeantel and her "creepy-ass-cracker" remark.
 
Old 03-02-2015, 04:30 PM
 
118 posts, read 60,566 times
Reputation: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
In2itive, you highlight an important point. It is crystal clear that for many (the evidence being their posts) this case was never really about Zimmerman but all about Sharpton, Jackson, Crump, Obama and the "liberal" media, less about Zimmerman's forensics-defying fiction and more about gun rights and the nefarious black agenda. Hence, the rather bizarre fixation on things like photos of Trayvon looking too young or acting too ghetto, recipes for lean, indignation over black on black crime and semantic nonsense games surrounding the dispatcher's words. What remains unaddressed: Zimmerman's actions, behavior, personal accountability and demonstrable lies and they will remain unaddressed because that is the only way to keep the onus on the kid rather than the killer.
I couldn't up vote this, so I'll just post a

Very nicely said.
 
Old 03-02-2015, 04:40 PM
 
Location: Seminole County, FL
7,741 posts, read 5,326,875 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If you lived there, would he stick out to you?

"Sticking out" is in the eyes of the beholder. You are really alleging that Zimmerman shot Martin simply because TM is Black and GZ is a racist. Yet you have no proof of this beyond, apparently, your own biases. But here are some facts.
  • Zimmerman is Hispanic & Jewish
  • Zimmerman Tutored black children for FREE on weekends over the last several years.
I'd say your allegations and suggestions are unlikely, not supported by any evidence, known facts, and testimony in court including that from a Ms. Rachel Jeantel and her "creepy-ass-cracker" remark.
No, I didn't say that. He shot TM because he was getting his butt whooped and supposedly feared for his life.
He stalked Martin because Martin stood out. I didn't say he's racist. I said he stood out because of his race and his age. Notice, I didn't say he stood out simply for being black; I said black teen.

A 40 year old black man would have likely not suffered the same fate.
 
Old 03-02-2015, 04:45 PM
 
118 posts, read 60,566 times
Reputation: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Question, is it your contention that the forensic report by the coroner showing that only Zimmerman had defensive wounds and only Martin had offensive wounds is a fabrication?
Uh oh. Someone does not know how to read an autopsy report and is putting his own words into the ME's mouth.

There is no wound on Martin labeled as an "offensive wound," and in fact, if you're referring to the small scratch on the 4th phalanx of Martin's non-dominant hand, which was the only documented injury on him other than the fatal GSW, it couldn't even be determined by the ME whether this abrasion was sustained in the fight with Zimmerman.

Martin's autopsy is actually quite notable for a complete LACK of the kind of marks we find when someone has just engaged in beating the crap out of someone else.
 
Old 03-02-2015, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Louisiana
7,293 posts, read 3,973,248 times
Reputation: 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data Venia View Post
Uh oh. Someone does not know how to read an autopsy report and is putting his own words into the ME's mouth.

There is no wound on Martin labeled as an "offensive wound," and in fact, if you're referring to the small scratch on the 4th phalanx of Martin's non-dominant hand, which was the only documented injury on him other than the fatal GSW, it couldn't even be determined by the ME whether this abrasion was sustained in the fight with Zimmerman.

Martin's autopsy is actually quite notable for a complete LACK of the kind of marks we find when someone has just engaged in beating the crap out of someone else.

What kinda marks do ya get on ya while banging a guy's head on the sidewalk?
 
Old 03-02-2015, 04:52 PM
 
118 posts, read 60,566 times
Reputation: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
If by panic you mean orgasm, then I agree with you.

ETA: To Pedro Martinez, offensive wounds on Trayvon Martin? Do tell. Also John Good, the source of the MMA/ground and pound meme, is on record stating he actually never saw any such thing.

Not to mention, had Zimmerman's story actually been true about WHERE he was allegedly grounded and pounded, Good wouldn't have been in a position to be able to see it happening, since it would have been up along the E-W sidewalk at the top of the 'T'. It's only because George WASN'T immediately grounded with a sucker punch and then pounded without being able to move, as he claimed, that the fight ended up down where it was behind Good's townhome, and Good was in a position to see something.

And as you say, he later totally retracted the claim about seeing a grounding and pounding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top