U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-11-2015, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Not where I want to be
4,827 posts, read 6,933,792 times
Reputation: 7643

Advertisements

He's just an abusive, power-hungry a-hole. There are billions of people like this worldwide. The only reason he's getting attention because he was in the news for killing Trayvon Martin

 
Old 01-11-2015, 05:52 PM
 
Location: South Austin, 78745
2,576 posts, read 1,736,673 times
Reputation: 4357
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
What the evidence—not speculation, but the actual evidence—makes about as clear as this could be to anyone who was not there to witness every moment of the encounter, is that at the time the police dispatcher told GZ they didn’t need him to keep following this guy, GZ then broke off from following Martin. Then the phone conversation continued for several more minutes as GZ and the dispatcher discussed the location where GZ should meet officers when they arrived in the area.

GZ had initially spotted TM near the front gate of the complex. When TM started running, he ran in the direction of the house where he and his father were staying, which was near the back of the complex, essentially in a different part of the complex from the vicinity of the front gate, where GZ had left his car. At this point GZ was walking back toward his car parked near the front gate, while TM was heading away from GZ, toward the house at the back of the complex.

TM arrived back at the house, but instead of going inside and letting that be the end of it, TM went back around toward the front side to look for GZ. When he found GZ, TM approached GZ and then attacked him suddenly with a sucker-punch, immediately knocking GZ to the ground, pinning him down with that MMA “pound-’n’-ground” straddling pin, and started pummeling him.

GZ claimed that the final move that led him to shoot TM was when TM started reaching to take his gun away from him. There’s not much evidence one way or the other about that claim, but if it happened that way, it’s basically a bonus as a legal argument in GZ’s favor. Despite preconceived notions people might have that it’s never all right to shoot someone who’s unarmed, the law disagrees. In fact, with or without an attempt by TM to take GZ’s gun, the pounding TM was dishing out—a scenario supported not by speculation but by the evidence—was easily enough of a severe threat to GZ for the law to allow GZ to use deadly force in self-defense.

The evidence indicates that TM, not GZ, initiated the face-to-face encounter, after the two had gone off in opposite directions but TM went back looking for GZ. With GZ’s never having gotten any closer to TM than following him in his car for a couple of minutes, and since even that initial encounter was over with until TM went back and attacked GZ, there’s nothing there in the way of any legal violation by GZ that would have legally supported TM’s actions. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

So, yes, it’s true that Zimmerman was over-charged, but not just because the charge was a serious as manslaughter. No matter what you or I or Jane L. Customer who lives down the street might think of Zimmerman personally, considering only the legal issues, he was over-charged the moment any charge at all was brought.

Thank you for posting that. That's exactly how it all went down. I watched the trial everyday. How these people who thing GZ should have been found guilty is beyond me. I think people wanted him to be found guilty because of 3 things - he was carrying a gun, he shot a black kid, and they think hes' s a racist. Bottom line is he didn't break any laws. It would have been a travesty of justice had GZ been found guilty. GZ had a fair trial and jury of his peers said he was not guilty.
 
Old 01-11-2015, 06:07 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
27,266 posts, read 15,048,153 times
Reputation: 20866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Thank you for posting that. That's exactly how it all went down. I watched the trial everyday. How these people who thing GZ should have been found guilty is beyond me. I think people wanted him to be found guilty because of 3 things - he was carrying a gun, he shot a black kid, and they think hes' s a racist. Bottom line is he didn't break any laws. It would have been a travesty of justice had GZ been found guilty. GZ had a fair trial and jury of his peers said he was not guilty.
Same with OJ. What's your point?
 
Old 01-11-2015, 06:16 PM
 
Location: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ ̡
7,112 posts, read 10,858,216 times
Reputation: 3866
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Playing the other side , when a guy goes through something lie that there are those that push to get a rise out of him in order to prove something.
Acting like bullies as it were to get him to react.
Not saying this is so , but speaking for my self as a kid I was large ( not fat ) for my age, and did not believe in fighting, and was forced into many fights, I had nothing to do with ,and got in trouble over them, it was very frustrating .
But didn't he get into it with a police offer, ex girlfriend and a regular joe? All of these different types are pushing his buttons?
 
Old 01-11-2015, 06:29 PM
 
3,806 posts, read 5,000,466 times
Reputation: 3284
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
George is certifiable. Any normal person, who dodged the legal bullet he did in the TM shooting, would have thanked their lucky stars and never would have gotten in trouble again, but he is constantly getting into one scrape or another.

I was one of the people who thought he was innocent in the TM deal, but now I am not so sure.

Don
It would be difficult to go through the ordeal he went through and not come out changed.
 
Old 01-11-2015, 06:36 PM
 
Location: NYC
1,734 posts, read 1,863,748 times
Reputation: 3332
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
It would be difficult to go through the ordeal he went through and not come out changed.
He was like this BEFORE the Trayvon ordeal
 
Old 01-11-2015, 06:39 PM
 
Location: Gods country
5,326 posts, read 4,009,529 times
Reputation: 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Thank you for posting that. That's exactly how it all went down. I watched the trial everyday. How these people who thing GZ should have been found guilty is beyond me. I think people wanted him to be found guilty because of 3 things - he was carrying a gun, he shot a black kid, and they think hes' s a racist. Bottom line is he didn't break any laws. It would have been a travesty of justice had GZ been found guilty. GZ had a fair trial and jury of his peers said he was not guilty.
I watched some of the trial and was impressed with how open he was with the police. He didn't hide anything and his statements were consistent throughout.
 
Old 01-11-2015, 06:41 PM
 
Location: usa
1,001 posts, read 819,152 times
Reputation: 815
I'm sure he was "Standing his ground" or something.
 
Old 01-11-2015, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Albuquerque area
244 posts, read 181,621 times
Reputation: 1083
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
It would be difficult to go through the ordeal he went through and not come out changed.
Yes, it's very difficult when you blow a hole in some kid's heart and steal his death scream for your own and then people start throwing money and free firearms at you and sending you gushy fan mail and lining up for your autograph at gun shows. So very difficult.

* wipes tear *
 
Old 01-11-2015, 06:47 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
27,266 posts, read 15,048,153 times
Reputation: 20866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I watched some of the trial and was impressed with how open he was with the police. He didn't hide anything and his statements were consistent throughout.
Ahh. Yes, indeed. He was quite the truthful choirboy. He's just misunderstood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
Yes, it's very difficult when you blow a hole in some kid's heart and steal his death scream for your own and then people start throwing money and free firearms at you and sending you gushy fan mail and lining up for your autograph at gun shows. So very difficult.

* wipes tear *
Best post in the thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top