U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 08:52 AM

28,411 posts, read 14,134,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
4 minutes to escape the crazy a cracker, possible rapist, and he didn't ? You'll have one theory of what he did for 4 minutes, I have mine.
Looking at the map, I'm guessing Martin could have ran to the apartment at least 4 times in that 4 minutes or dial 911 about a dozen times.

I know that if I were in that situation and scared, I'd be running home while calling 911.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:13 AM

38,141 posts, read 15,305,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Well, how might you differentiate the two? Those who are in agreement with the court's decision? Which translates to one believing the limited or false story / lack of evidence that would have changed the outcome, otherwise.....
Nope and you don't understand the law. You are to assume the party is not-guilty unless the prosecutor can prove otherwise. It's their burden of proof to prove that a murder had occurred. That is the way it works. Furthermore under Fla. Law, the prosecutor has to prove that GZ didn't kill in self defense. Not the other way around as you would seem to think.

Therefore you can certainly agree with the outcome of the court without being a GZ supporter as you call anyone who disagrees with you.

Hopefully that clears it up for you.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:52 AM

9,103 posts, read 4,527,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Looking at the map, I'm guessing Martin could have ran to the apartment at least 4 times in that 4 minutes or dial 911 about a dozen times.

I know that if I were in that situation and scared, I'd be running home while calling 911.
I don't remember if you were on the trial threads. I was and can tell you what answers you'll get.

TM didn't run home because he didn't want the cac rapist to know where he was living or lead him back to his little [not] brother.

He didn't call 911 because as a young black man he didn't trust LE.

Don't ask me to defend those potential responses, but that's what you'll get

Old 03-03-2015, 10:32 AM

7,914 posts, read 3,729,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
He is not part Jewish, the name is German. Even if he has some Hispanic ancestry, who the heck cares?

I would like to know how and what he was Tutoring children. Is this supposed to absolve him?

And what is it with discussing "Rachel's remark" more than once? What point are you trying to make? Does this suggest she and her friend were "against the white man"? GZ was clearly doing something odd, so they had a way of referring to him, due to that.
In a perfect colorblind world no one would care. However our world is full of Sharpton's, Holder's and Obama's who wish to make everything about race. If this incident had the races reversed, we never would have even heard about it. You know it, even if you are unwilling to admit it.

As to absolving him if he showed a commitment to help black children, it certainly doesn't hurt. Just like people on the other side would point out that GZ attended racist rallies, if it was shown that he did. Would that behavior convict him of the actions that night?
No, but many would want to use it to point out what might be going on in GZ's heart/mind. The same is true in the opposite.

Lastly, "Rachel's remark" plays in the same way the aforementioned does. If GZ used a racially charged comment like the liberal media/press tried to pretend he did (i.e. coon), TM using the same would also color the narrative, would it not?

Old 03-03-2015, 11:00 AM

4,768 posts, read 2,595,491 times
Why is this loser still under current events?

Old 03-03-2015, 12:25 PM

10,577 posts, read 6,827,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
George Zimmerman likes to keep himself current by periodically threatening to kill someone - girlfriends, motorists, and so forth.
Zimmerman accused of pointing shotgun at girlfriend
George Zimmerman threatened to kill man in road rage incident, Florida police say | News - Home

After all, it helps to keep yourself in the news when you're trying to sell your 'art'.
AP Cease-and-Desists George Zimmerman Painting -- NYMag

And who can blame him? His groupies - when they're not furiously defending his every crime - are forking out six figures for his banal paint-by-numbers 'art'.
George Zimmerman

Old 03-03-2015, 12:38 PM

9,103 posts, read 4,527,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
After years of investigating Z for a raced-based federal crime the DOJ decided they couldn't beg, borrow, or steal enough evidence to prosecute him. That's a current event. The loser was the winner.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:14 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,902,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
In a perfect colorblind world no one would care. However our world is full of Sharpton's, Holder's and Obama's who wish to make everything about race. If this incident had the races reversed, we never would have even heard about it. You know it, even if you are unwilling to admit it.
You're right about that. We never would have heard about it because the cops would have arrested the black shooter immediately, and he would have been jailed, tried and convicted. He wouldn't have been allowed to walk after feeding the cops some fantasy-laden **** and bull story. And the cops wouldn't have conducted a cursory, incompetent investigation.

Last edited by Lucario; 03-03-2015 at 01:23 PM..

Old 03-03-2015, 01:15 PM

6,121 posts, read 3,320,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Let's see here, this is what we know:
1. Zimmerman had an injury to his face face and back of his head.
2. Martin had a cut on his finger by his knuckle.
3. A witness testified he saw Martin on top of Zimmerman fighting.
4. Zimmerman had grass stains on the back of his shirt.
5. Martin had no injuries to his body, other than the bullet wound.
6. Zimmerman had no injuries to his hands.
7. The gunshot was fired in close proximity in an upward angle consistent with Martin being on top of Zimmerman.

This shows EVIDENCE that Zimmerman was assaulted by Martin, while there is no EVIDENCE that Zimmerman assaulted Martin (outside the gun shot).

Do we know for a fact who started the physical confrontation (who threw the first punch)? No.

Does Florida law allow a person to shoot and kill another who is physically assaulting him/her? Yes.

Is there any evidence that Zimmerman started the physical altercation? No.

So, how could Zimmerman have been found guilty?

----------

Yes, I know there are some who say, "Look, a white man shot and killed a little black boy who went to get candy because that white man hated black people", but those emotional reactionaries would be throwing people in prison left and right after reading just headlines.

This shows you don't know what evidence is. And you draw poor conclusions.

There is absolutely no evidence that Martin attacked Zimmerman.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:40 PM

28,411 posts, read 14,134,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
This shows you don't know what evidence is. And you draw poor conclusions.

There is absolutely no evidence that Martin attacked Zimmerman.
Sorry, but you are just plain wrong. The injuries to Zimmerman and the hand injury on Martin are evidence.

Pretending they aren't doesn't bolster your case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or