U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-03-2015, 01:42 PM
 
28,411 posts, read 14,134,205 times
Reputation: 19545

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You're right about that. We never would have heard about it because the cops would have arrested the black shooter immediately, and he would have been jailed, tried and convicted. He wouldn't have been allowed to walk after feeding the cops some fantasy-laden **** and bull story. And the cops wouldn't have conducted a cursory, incompetent investigation.

RACE!!! RACE!!! RACE!!! RACE!!!!

Just because you view EVERYTHING along racial lines, doesn't mean everybody else does.

One thing I learned long ago, it's the people that tend to cheat who are the jealous ones. They look at their own weakness and project it on to everyone else.

 
Old 03-03-2015, 02:29 PM
 
6,121 posts, read 3,320,648 times
Reputation: 13007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Sorry, but you are just plain wrong. The injuries to Zimmerman and the hand injury on Martin are evidence.

Pretending they aren't doesn't bolster your case.
Your points 2 and 5 contradict each other. This happens when you try to take shreds of evidence and knit them together into a solid case.

None of these things, taken alone, together or with the entire body of evidence presented at trial create "EVIDENCE that Zimmerman was assaulted by Martin" as you profess. That is the nexus of the problem at least partially created by poor police work at the scene.

No one (except Zimmerman) knows if Martin assaulted Zimmerman or if Zimmerman assaulted Martin; we do know that Zimmerman was the aggressor from the moment he left his vehicle.
 
Old 03-03-2015, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Louisiana
7,293 posts, read 3,974,330 times
Reputation: 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Your points 2 and 5 contradict each other. This happens when you try to take shreds of evidence and knit them together into a solid case.

No, they don't.
If someone says they have an injury on their hand,
but none on their body, I can understand what they mean.
Then again, I'm not being deliberately obtuse.
 
Old 03-03-2015, 03:22 PM
 
Location: Birmingham
11,790 posts, read 12,639,398 times
Reputation: 10007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You're right about that. We never would have heard about it because the cops would have arrested the black shooter immediately, and he would have been jailed, tried and convicted. He wouldn't have been allowed to walk after feeding the cops some fantasy-laden **** and bull story. And the cops wouldn't have conducted a cursory, incompetent investigation.
Absolutely.
 
Old 03-03-2015, 03:23 PM
 
28,411 posts, read 14,134,205 times
Reputation: 19545
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Your points 2 and 5 contradict each other. This happens when you try to take shreds of evidence and knit them together into a solid case.
Really?

Ok, let me clarify. Other than the gunshot wound and the injury one might receive by punching another person, he had no other injuries such as the ones that Zimmerman had that are consistent with being beaten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
None of these things, taken alone, together or with the entire body of evidence presented at trial create "EVIDENCE that Zimmerman was assaulted by Martin" as you profess. That is the nexus of the problem at least partially created by poor police work at the scene.

No one (except Zimmerman) knows if Martin assaulted Zimmerman or if Zimmerman assaulted Martin; we do know that Zimmerman was the aggressor from the moment he left his vehicle.
Sorry, but the evidence points to that conclusion.

When a child is standing there with an empty back of Oreos and chocolate crumbs on his fingers and all around his mouth, you can't say for 100% accuracy that he ate those cookies, but common sense says that he did.

-----------


Here is a simple question, do you believe Zimmerman should have been found guilty of a crime and if so, what crime?
 
Old 03-03-2015, 03:25 PM
 
28,411 posts, read 14,134,205 times
Reputation: 19545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Absolutely.
I'm guessing you probably thought the cops were high-fiving Zimmerman, saying, "Good job on killing that black kid."
 
Old 03-03-2015, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,902,513 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm guessing you probably thought the cops were high-fiving Zimmerman, saying, "Good job on killing that black kid."
They might as well have been.
 
Old 03-03-2015, 04:05 PM
 
6,121 posts, read 3,320,648 times
Reputation: 13007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Really?

Ok, let me clarify. Other than the gunshot wound and the injury one might receive by punching another person, he had no other injuries such as the ones that Zimmerman had that are consistent with being beaten.



Sorry, but the evidence points to that conclusion.

When a child is standing there with an empty back of Oreos and chocolate crumbs on his fingers and all around his mouth, you can't say for 100% accuracy that he ate those cookies, but common sense says that he did.

-----------


Here is a simple question, do you believe Zimmerman should have been found guilty of a crime and if so, what crime?
If you choose to draw conclusions, that's fine, just don't label your conclusions as evidence.

I don't have enough evidence to say if Zimmerman should have been convicted but I fervently believe that had the killing been fully investigated and properly prosecuted from the start, there would have been sufficient evidence to convict him of some level of homicide.
 
Old 03-03-2015, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Birmingham
11,790 posts, read 12,639,398 times
Reputation: 10007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm guessing you probably thought the cops were high-fiving Zimmerman, saying, "Good job on killing that black kid."
I'm guessing you probably have a snarky come back, a handy flip out strawman and a condescending tone and hypocritical stance for everyone who doesn't agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
They might as well have been.
Yes, again. Not treating the area as a crime scene and just taking the killer for his word because of that stupid law (which wasn't used for his defense) - was a miscarriage of justice that affects all of us negatively.
 
Old 03-03-2015, 04:33 PM
 
Location: Seminole County, FL
7,743 posts, read 5,331,743 times
Reputation: 9373
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm guessing you probably thought the cops were high-fiving Zimmerman, saying, "Good job on killing that black kid."
All sarcasm aside, considering Sanford Police's history, I wouldn't be surprised if several were thinking it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top