U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-12-2015, 01:37 PM
 
44,406 posts, read 17,725,965 times
Reputation: 18680

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
So why did Zimmerman start a fight with Martin?
I don't claim to be there nor to have the psychic ability to read people's minds.

What I do know is the prosecution failed to prove its case against Zimmerman and the Jury, having reviewed ALL the evidence, declared that Zimmerman was innocent. That is all that matters.

 
Old 01-12-2015, 01:38 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,742 posts, read 4,108,710 times
Reputation: 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I said since the trial.

Trayvon Martin was a Thug. Now a dead Thug. No doubt about that.

(As for zimmerman, IMO, only the clinically obsessed are still doing due diligence on him.)
Based on what facts? The testimony of a man who's been arrested multiple times before and after his trial?

This is news to me, apparently you do not need to be arrested to be considered a thug, however GZ's past transgressions seem to go unnoticed. I'm curious as to how 'there's no doubt' TM was a thug?

And no, he keeps popping up in the news because he can't stay out of jail, therefore we are talking about him.

However, this man can do no wrong in the eyes of some posters here, as one said, he must be suffering from PTSD from an altercation he started with a 150-pound unarmed teenager, which has caused him to point shotguns at women (natural progression, of course).
 
Old 01-12-2015, 01:50 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma
6,726 posts, read 6,128,094 times
Reputation: 5993
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I don't claim to be there nor to have the psychic ability to read people's minds.

What I do know is the prosecution failed to prove its case against Zimmerman and the Jury, having reviewed ALL the evidence, declared that Zimmerman was innocent. That is all that matters.
Once again, Zimmerman was NOT declared "innocent."
 
Old 01-12-2015, 02:06 PM
 
9,214 posts, read 4,240,922 times
Reputation: 10998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Zimmerman only started a confrontation with Trayvon Martin because his gun gave him a false sense of security, machismo and superiority. Too bad the punk azz idiot got away with murder.
You might be right in the regard that Zimmerman was brave because of the gun he was carrying. Of that we will never be certain. However as "punk azz idiot" as he may be, he did not commit murder based on the evidence.
In reality, Martin could also be just as much at fault for attacking Zimmerman, because he thought he needed to teach someone a lesson for disrespecting him. Martin was no angel, and by many accounts was headed in the wrong direction. So it is likely they were both punk idiots, and unfortunately it lead to a death.

One thing is for certain. If they both had the benefit of hindsight, neither of them would have done the same things that ultimately lead to ones death, and the others life altered in a bad way.

`
 
Old 01-12-2015, 02:31 PM
 
Location: the Permian Basin
4,193 posts, read 3,062,936 times
Reputation: 5892
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Once again, Zimmerman was NOT declared "innocent."
Indeed, he was declared "not guilty." There is a huge difference between "not guilty" and "innocent," and that difference is why the courts use "not guilty" instead of "innocent."
 
Old 01-12-2015, 02:43 PM
 
Location: the Permian Basin
4,193 posts, read 3,062,936 times
Reputation: 5892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
But Zimmerman was a choirboy teddy bear whose very flatulations were redolent of lilac and lavender.
We were talking about the claim that M was a thug, which his actions proved. Excepting that the evidentiary photographs are of his head, Z is irrelevant.
 
Old 01-12-2015, 02:44 PM
 
Location: Altadena, CA
1,570 posts, read 1,535,884 times
Reputation: 2910
all I'm going to say about this creep is that he's going to get what's coming to him. He's nasty and a trigger happy punk.
 
Old 01-12-2015, 02:59 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 33,873,781 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
You might be right in the regard that Zimmerman was brave because of the gun he was carrying. Of that we will never be certain. However as "punk azz idiot" as he may be, he did not commit murder based on the evidence.
Trayvon Martin is dead because George Zimmerman shot him. Seems pretty damn self-evident to me.


Quote:
In reality, Martin could also be just as much at fault for attacking Zimmerman, because he thought he needed to teach someone a lesson for disrespecting him. Martin was no angel, and by many accounts was headed in the wrong direction. So it is likely they were both punk idiots, and unfortunately it lead to a death.
Yes, but the fact remains that nobody would have killed anyone had George Zimmerman not started the confrontation.
 
Old 01-12-2015, 02:59 PM
 
2,186 posts, read 1,839,518 times
Reputation: 4096
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Based on what facts? The testimony of a man who's been arrested multiple times before and after his trial?

This is news to me, apparently you do not need to be arrested to be considered a thug, however GZ's past transgressions seem to go unnoticed. I'm curious as to how 'there's no doubt' TM was a thug?

And no, he keeps popping up in the news because he can't stay out of jail, therefore we are talking about him.

However, this man can do no wrong in the eyes of some posters here, as one said, he must be suffering from PTSD from an altercation he started with a 150-pound unarmed teenager, which has caused him to point shotguns at women (natural progression, of course).
I wish I could rep you, but yep. Posting pics of yourself sticking up your middle finger and getting suspended from school totally means you're a 'thug', but being arrested multiple times for violent offences means you're a model citizen.

I know it's been said on CD before, but 'thug' is definitely the new 'N Word'.
 
Old 01-12-2015, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 33,873,781 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
We were talking about the claim that M was a thug, which his actions proved.
How so? What should Martin have done that would have convinced your highness that he was not a thug? Let me guess - nothing. He should not have been existing while black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top