U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-13-2015, 08:13 AM
 
38,141 posts, read 15,305,729 times
Reputation: 16826

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
....
Writing Martin off as just a "thug," as if his life had no value, is where I see the racism. .....
People are good at seeing only what they want to see whether it reflects reality or not. If you want to tell us this wasn't about racism, that is your right, but nobody believes you. If it wasn't about racism, the usual apologists wouldn't be here dropping the R word in every other breath, complaining about the world "thug", etc, ad nauseam.

 
Old 01-13-2015, 08:54 AM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,449 posts, read 6,460,651 times
Reputation: 9482
What will happen to GZ is what happened to OJ...OJ had run ins with the law numerous times post murder trial and first he made the nightly news and after awhile he just made the tabloids...the American public has a short attention span and sadly someone else will come along and commit a heinous act and the media will be onto another story...GZ will wind up in jail for shooting someone and will be another statistic...that people who have demonstrated poor impulse control over numerous years and incidences shouldn't have permission to carry a gun...and we will once again as a society show the world that we never learn...
 
Old 01-13-2015, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Texas
7,808 posts, read 5,448,011 times
Reputation: 6405
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
People are good at seeing only what they want to see whether it reflects reality or not. If you want to tell us this wasn't about racism, that is your right, but nobody believes you. If it wasn't about racism, the usual apologists wouldn't be here dropping the R word in every other breath, complaining about the world "thug", etc, ad nauseam.
The poster you're responding to is correct. The fact is that YOU don't believe the poster.

If the shoe fits, wear it.
 
Old 01-13-2015, 10:56 AM
 
38,141 posts, read 15,305,729 times
Reputation: 16826
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
...The fact is that YOU don't believe the poster.

If the shoe fits, wear it.
I would have thought that it would have been been very obvious and as for those shoes, I don't mind putting them on.
 
Old 01-13-2015, 02:19 PM
 
48,898 posts, read 39,392,211 times
Reputation: 30554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I love it how the obvious gets pointed out and it makes you uncomfortable. Zimmerman was the one who did the ambushing. Martin was not bothering anyone - Zimmerman initiated the confrontation. Period.

And why did Zimmerman harass Martin?
While Zimmerman initiated the incident....Martin (wisely) decided to bug out and left fat-boy in his dust before they had any interaction. (Again, per conversation with the gf)

Had they met right then and there, Zimmerman would have been cooked IMO.

The problem is that Martin, angry about some creepy dude following him went back to see what Zimmerman wanted after almost reaching his house.

This was the testimony presented to the jury regarding his phone conversation with the gf.

Martin went back, they met each other and a struggle broke out and then a shot. That's the grey stuff, we don't know how that went down.

While I wouldn't want Zimmerman patrolling my neighborhood with a wagon and a squirt gun.....it's clear that Martin went back and sought out Zimmerman and THAT is what created the reasonable doubt that sprung Zimmerman. (note I'm not saying Zimmerman was innocent)

Any disagreement with any of that?

P.S. To answer your last question...becasue Zimmerman was a freakin' loser ex-mall cop that felt like a man when he went on "patrol". And Martin didn't like being followed by some fat freaky cracker and was mad about it. What happened after that is a guess since we can't believe Zim and Martin wasn't alive. Since their only interaction was when Martin returned to confront Zimmerman, I'm confused how he ambushed Martin?

Lastly, people chose sides wayyyy too quickly in that case and then refused to listen to evidence. Zimmerman was alternatively a racist stalking blacks or a civic hero.....Trayvon was portrayed as a thug...and also as a 12year old sweet face boy. People can't handle grey, they just like black and white.
 
Old 01-13-2015, 02:51 PM
 
5,106 posts, read 6,064,394 times
Reputation: 9677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Lastly, people chose sides wayyyy too quickly in that case and then refused to listen to evidence. Zimmerman was alternatively a racist stalking blacks or a civic hero.....Trayvon was portrayed as a thug...and also as a 12year old sweet face boy. People can't handle grey, they just like black and white.
To add that the pictures released by the family were of a sweet faced 12 year old but Trayvon was 17 years old when killed. Just keeping to the facts and people chosing sides too quickly.
 
Old 01-13-2015, 04:16 PM
 
17,246 posts, read 14,821,251 times
Reputation: 32812
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
To add that the pictures released by the family were of a sweet faced 12 year old but Trayvon was 17 years old when killed. Just keeping to the facts and people chosing sides too quickly.
It makes no difference if he was 12 or 17, he wasn't committing a crime and GZ wasn't a police officer regardless. What does it matter one bit how old he was or whether he was "sweet-faced" or not?
 
Old 01-13-2015, 04:28 PM
 
Location: The State Of California
9,131 posts, read 11,669,486 times
Reputation: 3418
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
That's about as logical as me claiming that Martin ended up attacking Zimmerman because he hated Hispanics. I don't believe race had anything at all to do with the situation, considering how dark it was, and how Martin was dressed, don't think it likely that Zimmerman or anyone else could tell whether Martin was Black, Asian, Puerto Rican, or any mixture thereof. What he could tell is that someone in a hoodie was skulking around the neighborhood. He followed them (poorly advised), and upon leaving to return to his truck, was attacked, and used lethal force in response.
Another person lying at 100 lies an Hour..........zimmerboy believed with all of his heart that
Afro-American Boys/Men were breaking into Apartment with ( Hoodies On ).....

TM was dressed perfectly for rainy weather...with a hoodie on to cover his body from the " rain "...
 
Old 01-13-2015, 04:38 PM
 
Location: The State Of California
9,131 posts, read 11,669,486 times
Reputation: 3418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Hey, you know he just might have a screw loose. But that dosent change the fact that from what I know of the TM case, he was justified to take the shot.
He wasn't justified they just over charged him and the Jacksonville DA brough in wasn't that competent to begin with.....

They let the defense team of lawyers focus on TM Banging zimmerboy head on the side walk
making him CZ FEAR FOR HIS LIFE HOWEVER WHEN ZIMMERBOY SHOT TM THEY WERE IN THE GRASS THE DANGER OF THE SIDEWALK WAS REMOVED....

So why was zimmerboy fearing for his life ??????????????????????????????????????????????????
 
Old 01-13-2015, 04:40 PM
 
Location: Henderson, NV
5,314 posts, read 5,980,133 times
Reputation: 3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
He wasn't justified they just over charged him and the Jacksonville DA brough in wasn't that competent to begin with.....

They let the defense team of lawyers focus on TM Banging zimmerboy head on the side walk
making him CZ FEAR FOR HIS LIFE HOWEVER WHEN ZIMMERBOY SHOT TM THEY WERE IN THE GRASS THE DANGER OF THE SIDEWALK WAS REMOVED....

So why was zimmerboy fearing for his life ??????????????????????????????????????????????????
You forgot a ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top