U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-15-2015, 10:50 AM
 
8,033 posts, read 3,781,797 times
Reputation: 10471

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
I'm not implying anything. Really. Trayvon did what he could to survive. Sadly it wasn't enough.

As to your advice, I will make a wild guess here that Trayvon didn't have much/any training or experience fending off strangers with guns. Hopefully Tracy and Sybrina will find a way to incorporate your excellent instructions for surviving an armed stalker into their youth program at some point. I don't much like that we put the onus for de-escalation and escape on our youth -- never mind the dead -- but as long as there are Zimmermans on the loose, I understand it's a necessary evil.
Well if I misread your post I stand corrected. Yet your words certainly seem to imply Trayvon had to fight for his life because he was staring down the barrel of a gun. According to all the evidence, it did not happen that way, nor would it make sense to an average person.

Then again, I cannot imagine how the guy in Ferguson decided to attack a armed LEO inside his own police car, then still refused to submit to arrest at the barrel of a gun. Maybe I am just missing something here?

As to your last comment, Martin's parents cannot do anything now, but maybe they should have taught him not to confront someone who he perceived as disrespecting him. I certainly don't know that was the case, but IF it occurred like Zimmerman said it did, Martin was looking for his pound of flesh. While he must of thought he could physically overpower Zimmerman (which is what happened), he didn't consider he might be armed.
Heck if Martin was this innocent child that everyone makes him out to be, why would he confront a man much larger than him to begin with? All I can figure would be that he had positive experiences with beating up other people if he were going to confront a stranger like that. Maybe he sensed that Zimmerman was a wuss (as many people have speculated), and despite his size, he could win a fight with him.
He clearly did not consider that you never under estimate an opponent, no matter their size or age. He also didn't assume Zimmerman was armed, which was another mistake. It is too bad because even if he was up to no good, had he just taken off, he would still be alive today.

`

 
Old 01-15-2015, 11:25 AM
 
2,179 posts, read 1,737,775 times
Reputation: 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Well if I misread your post I stand corrected. Yet your words certainly seem to imply Trayvon had to fight for his life because he was staring down the barrel of a gun. According to all the evidence, it did not happen that way, nor would it make sense to an average person.

Then again, I cannot imagine how the guy in Ferguson decided to attack a armed LEO inside his own police car, then still refused to submit to arrest at the barrel of a gun. Maybe I am just missing something here?

As to your last comment, Martin's parents cannot do anything now, but maybe they should have taught him not to confront someone who he perceived as disrespecting him. I certainly don't know that was the case, but IF it occurred like Zimmerman said it did, Martin was looking for his pound of flesh. While he must of thought he could physically overpower Zimmerman (which is what happened), he didn't consider he might be armed.
Heck if Martin was this innocent child that everyone makes him out to be, why would he confront a man much larger than him to begin with? All I can figure would be that he had positive experiences with beating up other people if he were going to confront a stranger like that. Maybe he sensed that Zimmerman was a wuss (as many people have speculated), and despite his size, he could win a fight with him.
He clearly did not consider that you never under estimate an opponent, no matter their size or age. He also didn't assume Zimmerman was armed, which was another mistake. It is too bad because even if he was up to no good, had he just taken off, he would still be alive today.

`
Maybe Zimmerman's parents should've taught him not to go around stalking people at night, and when someone in a authoritative position gives you an order (9/11 dispatcher) you follow their order, that way you don't have to get your overweight ass beaten and you won't have to murder people.

It's too bad because even if he were up to no good (Trayvon) and ZImmerman would've let the people paid to do their jobs handle the situation instead of acting like an obsessed vigilante he (Trayvon) would still be alive today...
 
Old 01-15-2015, 11:35 AM
 
49,165 posts, read 39,625,966 times
Reputation: 30774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Do you get your Klan robes dry cleaned or do you wash them yourself?
So quick to scream racism you just used it on a guy calling ZIMMERMAN a thug?

Stick around here, you'll fit right in with the crowd that speaks first and thinks never.
 
Old 01-15-2015, 11:41 AM
 
49,165 posts, read 39,625,966 times
Reputation: 30774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Maybe Zimmerman's parents should've taught him not to go around stalking people at night, and when someone in a authoritative position gives you an order (9/11 dispatcher) you follow their order, that way you don't have to get your overweight ass beaten and you won't have to murder people.

It's too bad because even if he were up to no good (Trayvon) and ZImmerman would've let the people paid to do their jobs handle the situation instead of acting like an obsessed vigilante he (Trayvon) would still be alive today...
Perfect example of the duplicity of the arguments.

In one breath we have Zimmerman chasing down and thrashing poor unsuspecting Trayvon with his mastery of MMA (and if you disagree you are a zimmerman apologist lol)

In another, we have people accurately stating that he was a fat cupcake (and the guys at the MMA place said he couldn't fight his way out of a paperbag and was only there once or twice.)

Now this posters narrative actually fits the general truth of the case....he got his ass kicked and was resorting to a gun. It's just hillarious how bizzaro people's arguments are about Zimmerman would easily beat Trayvon and so that can't be true. lol.

Probably the same posters that think Trayvon is 12.

Doesn't excuse George, he resorted to using a gun after getting his butt kicked....just illogical, mythological powers being attributed to his fat butt lol.
 
Old 01-15-2015, 11:52 AM
 
Location: sumter
7,334 posts, read 4,704,063 times
Reputation: 5959
Zimmerman, was just an overzealous police officer wannabe. Out there trying to make a name for himself and TM was just the opportunity for him to get a little recognition. He made the snap judgment that Martin had no business being in the neighborhood, so he must be up to no good. He was just too eager to be a hero and couldn't wait for the police officers to get there. All of this could have been avoided if he had just waited on the cops instead.
 
Old 01-15-2015, 11:53 AM
 
49,165 posts, read 39,625,966 times
Reputation: 30774
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Do the actions and deeds of Zimmerman, both before and after his killing of Martin, bring you to believe he is a man of character, lawfulness and trustworthiness? Is that why you choose to believe him when he, and only he, claims he was attacked by Trayvon Martin even as solid evidence shows Martin ran away from him?
It's not solid evidence he got away from Zim....it's iron-clad as BOTH the 911 operator was told it by Zim AND TM told his gf the same thing.

So, both parties told others that TM had gotten away from Zim.

So, it's rather a mystery how they managed to run into each other again considering TM was almost to home.

Gee, if only his gf had testified further maybe we would know what happened after that.

smh....
 
Old 01-15-2015, 11:58 AM
 
49,165 posts, read 39,625,966 times
Reputation: 30774
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Zimmerman, was just an overzealous police officer wannabe. Out there trying to make a name for himself and TM was just the opportunity for him to get a little recognition. He made the snap judgment that Martin had no business being in the neighborhood, so he must be up to no good. He was just too eager to be a hero and couldn't wait for the police officers to get there. All of this could have been avoided if he had just waited on the cops instead.
Agree 100%. He had no business carrying a gun either given his track record. If I were a homeowner there I'd have said ok to pepper spray but that's it.

But just like a bunch of senseless violence....somebody got mad (rightfully so) for being followed and went back. Zim the marshmallow got his ass beat and like the coward he was went for his gun.

There were a lot of bad decisions that night.
 
Old 01-15-2015, 12:27 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 33,009,980 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Yes, but it does not have a bearing on my comment you quoted, regarding him possibly having gotten worse and being adversely effected by the whole ordeal. Sure Martin got the worst of it, but it has been no walk in the park for Zimmerman either.

As to your second comment quoting another poster, sure if he stayed in his truck neither of them would have likely been hurt.

That said, even if you do not have crime as a common occurrence in your neighborhood(like Zimmerman did), you probably have something in your life that never seems to get resolved, and the offender always seems to get away with it. Maybe it is waiting in line going to work to make a left hand turn. The line is always long, and you patiently wait your turn. Yet every morning you see cars skip the line, then jump in front when the traffic starts moving.
Eventually you get fed up, call the police, and request they put a watch order at that traffic control. If you are lucky they might show up for one shift, but nothing after that, and you must deal with the issue every day of your life.
My point is not to conflate an annoying traffic problem with burglary in a neighborhood. However those who seemed to be inclined to empathize with Martin(typically overlooking his faults in the situation), rarely empathize with what Zimmerman was thinking.
Sure he thinks differently than you and many others, I get that. However there are normal people out there who understand his frustration, especially when his neighbors/family/friends homes are being broken into.

He had apparently done the right thing in your mind previous times, only to wait for the police to arrive well after the person reported was long gone. If you read my previous post about handicapped parking violators typically getting away prior to LE arrival, you can see how people such as myself think/feel/act.
So while Zimmerman may very well be a loser in life, his actions that night were not so out of the norm (for the situation) that people such as myself can empathize with his thoughts.

Ever think of it that way?

`
The problem I have with what you say is that you are assuming that since Trayvon Martin was who he was, Zimmerman had a reason to be suspicious and/or fearful of his presence in the neighborhood. One thing led to another, Zimmerman shoots a kid and kills him, and it's all just a tragic (for Zimmerman) mistake. You are making assumptions, mostly unsaid, that are evil and callous, and this is why I am so much against anything you have to offer.
 
Old 01-15-2015, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 33,009,980 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Well if I misread your post I stand
corrected. Yet your words certainly seem to imply Trayvon had to fight for his
life because he was staring down the barrel of a gun. According to all the
evidence, it did not happen that way, nor would it make sense to an average
person.






Then again, I cannot imagine how the guy in Ferguson
decided to attack a armed LEO inside his own police car, then still refused to
submit to arrest at the barrel of a gun. Maybe I am just missing something
here?






As to your last comment, Martin's parents cannot do anything now, but maybe
they should have taught him not to confront someone who he perceived as
disrespecting him. I certainly don't know that was the case, but IF it occurred
like Zimmerman said it did,
Martin was looking for his pound of flesh. While he
must of thought he could physically overpower Zimmerman (which is what
happened), he didn't consider he might be armed.
What reason on Earth would anyone have to believe that it occurred like Zimmerman said it did? His story was full of BS long before the trial even commenced.

Quote:
Heck if Martin was this innocent child that everyone makes him out to be, why
would he confront a man much larger than him to begin with? All I can figure
would be that he had positive experiences with beating up other people if he
were going to confront a stranger like that. Maybe he sensed that Zimmerman was
a wuss (as many people have speculated), and despite his size, he could win a
fight with him.
This is exactly what I mean about the assumptions you've been making. Obviously Martin wasn't the one doing the confronting.


Quote:

He clearly did not consider that you never under estimate an opponent, no
matter their size or age. He also didn't assume Zimmerman was armed, which was
another mistake. It is too bad because even if he was up to no good, had he just
taken off, he would still be alive today.
He would be alive today if George Zimmerman hadn't decided to play Keystone Kop.
 
Old 01-15-2015, 01:11 PM
 
38,701 posts, read 15,569,749 times
Reputation: 17038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
....He would be alive today if George Zimmerman hadn't decided to play Keystone Kop.
He would be alive today if he had just left the scene instead of getting into an altercation with the "Creepy-Ass-Cracker".

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top