Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2015, 02:18 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Personally, I think I'd rather be friends with Trayvon than Zimmerman....but being followed by somebody doesn't mean you get to kick their arse.
Indeed.

On the other hand, if you start following someone you consider to be a "creepy ass cracker" then you are either stupid, foolish, or have a big chip on your shoulder that you want someone to try and knock off. It takes two to have a fight. It's the real man who walks away from one. The dead ones never do.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:36 PM

104 posts, read 83,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Perfect example of the duplicity of the arguments.

In one breath we have Zimmerman chasing down and thrashing poor unsuspecting Trayvon with his mastery of MMA (and if you disagree you are a zimmerman apologist lol)

In another, we have people accurately stating that he was a fat cupcake (and the guys at the MMA place said he couldn't fight his way out of a paperbag and was only there once or twice.)

Now this posters narrative actually fits the general truth of the case....he got his ass kicked and was resorting to a gun. It's just hillarious how bizzaro people's arguments are about Zimmerman would easily beat Trayvon and so that can't be true. lol.

Probably the same posters that think Trayvon is 12.

Doesn't excuse George, he resorted to using a gun after getting his butt kicked....just illogical, mythological powers being attributed to his fat butt lol.
Zimmerman was a fat cupcake (not my choice of words, but it suffices) at the time of the trial. At the time of his encounter with Martin, he was much slimmer -- thanks apparently to the use of some medications that aid weight loss, and perhaps his working out at the gym. Perhaps you will pardon me if I am skeptical of the man from the MMA place. I don't believe Zimmerman was ever a great fighter, but he had worked a a bouncer. He was a burly sort compared to a rail thin Martin. I do not believe Martin was 12. I've never met anyone who believed Martin was twelve. Suggesting people who believe Zimmerman was the aggressor also believe untruths makes discussion difficult.

Old 01-15-2015, 03:08 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Ok, why are you using the term stalking for starters, other than trying to be hyperbolic?

He was in his own neighborhood as part of a neighborhood watch and saw someone that he did not recognize as living there. He was correct about that, correct?
So he keeps an eye on him and calls the police, like he presumably should, even in his detractors minds, correct?
With the police dispatcher on the phone he gives an accurate description of Martin, including his age, clothes, etc., and then points out that Martin is staring at him, and then starts walking toward Zimmerman.
So how is that "stalking" on Zimmerman's part?

As to your comment about the 911 dispatcher, lets take it step by step. The dispatcher is not a LEO, and has no authority to order anyone to do anything, at least not legally. Regardless, once Zimmerman announces Martin took off running, and the dispatcher puts together by the sound of things he got out of his truck and is chasing after Martin, they advise Zimmerman to stop following him, and Zimmerman said that he would.
Now I grant you that Zimmerman could have stayed in his vehicle, however many people, though not a majority, would potentially try to see where this stranger to the neighborhood ran off to. I would hardly call that stalking.

I will also point out, without going into detail that nothing indicated Zimmerman "murdered" Martin. He did kill him, but it was presumably in self defense. It sounds to me that many here wish that Zimmerman was not armed and assume that Martin would eventually stop beating on Zimmerman. By that time, Zimmerman might have been dead himself.

I still wonder to this day what possessed Martin to continue to beat on Zimmerman for close to a minute or more, with Zimmerman screaming for help. I wonder about this for reasons some might not understand, but may agree with me on.

I was raised that if you fight with someone, once you have the better of them, you stop, not continue to beat them. I was also taught this when I took martial arts at a young age, well before MMA was around. However now days with MMA being popular and on TV for everyone to see, the new tactic seems to be you continue to beat someone to a pulp even though they are unconscious or disabled. Some fighters wait until the ref practically tackles them before they will stop beating the guy.
So I am wondering beyond a general observation of our society devolving, if MMA is influencing kids to think you don't offer to hand the guy his hat after winning the fight. Instead you beat him into unconsciousness and only stop if someone else intervenes?
While I do not expect people to fight by the Marquess of Queensbery Rules anymore(really before my time anyway), I do think men can have legitimate reasons to fight, but not have a desire to maim or kill the other guy. Then again parts of our culture devalues life to such a degree that poor little kids are being gunned down and stabbed to death over their sneakers.
What happened to the good old days of bullies taking kids lunch money or even clothing/sneakers, and both of them walking away alive?

`
TM is DEAD and cannot tell his side of the story, so that's all fine and good if you take everything GZ says as the gospel truth, but some of us are more observant. He sure didn't have the injuries that would warrant a terrible life-threatening beating from TM and that was documented in photographs. For such a "serious" beating he didn't bother going to the hospital that night either.

Old 01-15-2015, 03:12 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed.

On the other hand, if you start following someone you consider to be a "creepy ass cracker" then you are either stupid, foolish, or have a big chip on your shoulder that you want someone to try and knock off. It takes two to have a fight. It's the real man who walks away from one. The dead ones never do.
Again, TM is DEAD and cannot tell his story. That is GZ's story that TM was following him. And it may not be true.

PS: GZ is a creepy azz cracker. That part was right!

Old 01-15-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I can't believe this guy's still on so many people's radar.
Probably because he is a repeat offender in a community that is very familiar with his name since he killed a teenager.

Old 01-15-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's most likely the reason that OJ got off Scott free from the criminal trial, but everyone has to do their best to support and respect the system because it's all that we have. If you think you can put together something that works better, I suggest that you run for office.
I don't disagree that we need to support the system even when it gets it wrong. Still when the system errs, good people must speak up. If everyone just shrugged and said, "It went terribly wrong, yawn, not my problem," would that improve our general well being.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:06 PM

677 posts, read 672,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Maybe Zimmerman's parents should've taught him not to go around stalking people at night, and when someone in a authoritative position gives you an order (9/11 dispatcher) you follow their order, that way you don't have to get your overweight ass beaten and you won't have to murder people.

It's too bad because even if he were up to no good (Trayvon) and ZImmerman would've let the people paid to do their jobs handle the situation instead of acting like an obsessed vigilante he (Trayvon) would still be alive today...
Maybe Trayvon's parents should have taught him to keep his hands off of people who aren't touching him. Maybe teach him not to be racist, either ...

Old 01-15-2015, 04:13 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Than You View Post
Maybe Trayvon's parents should have taught him to keep his hands off of people who aren't touching him.
Maybe Zimmerman's parents should've taught him not to follow others, not to punch police officers in the face, point shotguns at people, throw wine bottles at people, follow people (again) and ask them do they know wtf he is and that he'll kill them, not to smash people's devices, dude I could go on & on...

Old 01-15-2015, 04:20 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I can't believe this guy's still on so many people's radar.

Radar ? he is in our neighborhood- I live in orlando - he might be at McDonald's when I am - and maybe they forgot the ketchup and could he go ballistic?

Old 01-15-2015, 04:22 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Than You View Post
Maybe Trayvon's parents should have taught him to keep his hands off of people who aren't touching him. Maybe teach him not to be racist, either ...

what?? another - you must NOT have kids?? troll for sure- with that comment- actually I'd go further- just with that name-- bring the nose down a little- never know the nurse who has to clean your IV when you are old and sick- might be related to TM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events