Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2015, 08:25 PM

16,550 posts, read 8,589,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Under the conditions as they occured that night, without a doubt YES.

You follow someone in your car then stop and go after them and you don't expect for them to defend themselves???
If you characterize it that way, one could make that argument. However there is no indication that GZ attacked TM, and instead it was likely that TM was the aggressor once they met up again according to witnesses.

I am a law abiding citizen, yet I have followed and even verbally engaged unknown people in my neighborhood. So if I am following them, and they turn around and attack me, it is somehow twisted into defending themselves
TM clearly had a choice to flee that evening if he felt threatened, but instead of continuing to run he stayed and a confrontation ensued.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:29 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,774,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
If you characterize it that way, one could make that argument. However there is no indication that GZ attacked TM, and instead it was likely that TM was the aggressor once they met up again according to witnesses.

I am a law abiding citizen, yet I have followed and even verbally engaged unknown people in my neighborhood. So if I am following them, and they turn around and attack me, it is somehow twisted into defending themselves
TM clearly had a choice to flee that evening if he felt threatened, but instead of continuing to run he stayed and a confrontation ensued.
As a law abiding citizen, if you called 911 and they recommended that you not follow the individual and allow police to do their job, would you still follow Trayvon? Remember, Trayvon hadn't committed any crime, just passing through with his hoodie and a soft drink beverage.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:09 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,832,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Son, take off those "I'm Black" glasses and for once listen to what was said.

I have never said that I believed either one. Unless you were on that Jury and have seen ALL the evidence, heard ALL the testimony and haven't gotten all your "facts" via the idiot cable news and/or social media, listened to the race baiting President/hucksters, then it is absolutely STUPID to take sides on this issue regardless of the Court decisions.

What I HAVE said is the Jury has decided that Zimmerman is not-guilty, hence innocent of the charges brought against him. For them to have done this they determined that he acted in self-defense and that only makes legal sense in regards to violent criminal attack. Hence Martin is a Thug. Now a dead Thug. I support the decisions of the court and IF something was improper about it, there is a very good appeals process in this country to deal with it.

You can choose to respect the Court decision or not, I don't really care. This is your issue. But if you spend your life completely obsessed and upset over things you can't control, then you are in for a sad life.
You may not have stated in words that you believed Zimmerman but you repeat as fact the scenario that he was attacked by Martin. The only indication of that was Zimmerman's testimony. I don't believe it; you're changing the conversation now.

Oh, and if you think you advance your point of view by attempting to call someone who disagrees with you "Son", you have done just the opposite.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:31 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,608,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
So GZ shot TM after 1 headbash into the concrete? Because judging by the documented photographs of his injuries immediately after the incident, it seriously does not look like TM got much in. And "false argument" to you too ... this scenario (not proven fact) was just dreamed up by GZ and his attorney to discredit the dead teenager and make an excuse for GZ to shoot to kill. There is no proof of it actually happening.
If someone jumps me I'm going to do my best to off them before they off me. While you might lie and wait to meet your maker, which I seriously doubt, I intend to get out it with as little injury as possible. You can bet that if I or most anyone else with any sense had a weapon, it's going to get used. I'm certainly not going to lay there until my skull is cracked open before pulling a trigger.

You are simply creating a strawman to burn.

In regards to proof, there is certainly enough proof that Zimmerman was being attacked and met the Florida statutes allowing one to defend themselves.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 01-16-2015 at 01:42 AM..

Old 01-16-2015, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
You may not have stated in words that you believed Zimmerman but you repeat as fact the scenario that he was attacked by Martin. The only indication of that was Zimmerman's testimony. I don't believe it; you're changing the conversation now.

Oh, and if you think you advance your point of view by attempting to call someone who disagrees with you "Son", you have done just the opposite.
On the first part you are simply giving your opinion of my answer to my question. It's as irrelevant to this topic as your poor attempt to discredit me with fallacious questions in the first place. You should try to address the message instead.

On the second point, you are correct. I should not have called you "Son".

Old 01-16-2015, 02:05 AM

Quote:
On the first part you are simply giving your opinion of my answer to my question. It's as irrelevant to this topic as your poor attempt to discredit me with fallacious questions in the first place. You should try to address the message instead.

On the second point, you are correct. I should not have called you "Son".
Did you or did you not repeat as fact that Martin attacked Zimmerman?

Old 01-16-2015, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Did you or did you not repeat as fact that Martin attacked Zimmerman?
Please link the post you are referring to.

If you are asking if I think he did, then yes based on the Jury's decision. I have said many times that the only decision that matters is what the Jury has decided because they have heard ALL the facts. Anyone else who decides to second guess their decision is participating in folly.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:47 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,501,580 times
Quote:

If you are asking if I think he did, then yes based on the Jury's decision. I have said many times that the only decision that matters is what the Jury has decided because they have heard ALL the facts. Anyone else who decides to second guess their decision is participating in folly.
Did the jury come out and say who attacked who? Or you are guessing based on "not guilty" verdict? I think you should go back and find out what "not guilty" means.

Old 01-16-2015, 04:16 AM

Quote:

"Easy answer. Martin returned to the scene with the intent of teaching that "creepy ass cracker" a lesson as testified in court."

"If someone jumps me I'm going to do my best to off them before they off me."

Old 01-16-2015, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Did the jury come out and say who attacked who? Or you are guessing based on "not guilty" verdict? I think you should go back and find out what "not guilty" means.
Take a moment to do a little critical thinking instead of reacting to emotion and I'm sure that you can figure it out.

But considering that the purpose of the inquisition that I am getting here isn't to inform, but to instead to continue to try and discredit me as some sort of racist, I will answer it, yet again for you.

• A violent crime was committed.
  • Violent crime always involves at least two people.
  • Violent crime requires there to be an attacker & victim.
  • Law allows victim to defend himself against attacker.
  • Zimmerman brought up on charges that he was attacker.
  • Jury found Zimmerman not-guilty, hence he was not attacker, hence, he was victim.
  • Since Martin was only other person present, then he must be the attacker.
  • If not, then a violent crime did not occur.
Throw shoes at this if you like, I don't really care, but it's a lot more than most have provide here.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 01-16-2015 at 04:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events