U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 07:02 PM

2,801 posts, read 1,721,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I am a law abiding citizen, yet I have followed and even verbally engaged unknown people in my neighborhood. So if I am following them, and they turn around and attack me, it is somehow twisted into defending themselves
YOU go after someone that is walking around your neighborhood they have 100% the right to do whatever they feel is necessary to defend themselves.... HOW can you not see that?

IF I am packing and you come after me you would be planted in short order, or STAND YOU GROUND doesn't apply to people you don't know walking around YOUR neighborhood?

Old 01-16-2015, 07:05 PM

2,801 posts, read 1,721,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He was found non-guilty, hence innocent of the charges brought against him.
You don't understand how the legal system works do you >>> NOT guilt and innocent are NOT synonyms in this context.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:17 PM

6,121 posts, read 3,320,648 times
Quote:
Since Zimmerman was the only one there, then he is the only one who can give eye witness testimony. It's the job of the prosecutor, to discredit Zimmerman's testimony as well as anyone brought in to support Zimmerman's account. This would include testimony given by a MD Vincent Di Maio, who said that physical evidence supported Zimmerman's account. The prosecutor failed to do so.

You may or may not agree with these witnesses, but I am not going to rehash the trial with you. I've answered the question, have clearly said that I accept these accounts because the Jury accepted the evidence. I wasn't in that court room and I suspect that you were not either. For me the case is closed. If you don't like it, your beef isn't with me but don't ask that I accept that TM was innocent. Like the jury, I don't think he is. Period.
You have just confirmed what I said many posts ago - you believe Martin attacked Zimmerman because that's what Zimmerman said. The doctor gave no testimony (how could he?) on who initiated the physical altercation. So your belief is deeply rooted in the words of the only man in the world with a reason to lie, an incredibly serious reason to lie; a man who has proven by his actions both before and after his encounter with Martin that he has a mean streak a mile wide, no self control and no regard for the laws we all must live under.

Now, what was your question?

Old 01-16-2015, 07:25 PM

21 posts, read 13,480 times
Quote:
Maybe if you didn't cut off the quote of what I said you might understand better. There is a legal difference between innocent and not guilty but I feel like you probably know that or you wouldn't have snipped my post.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:05 AM

3,948 posts, read 3,252,641 times
This is what happen when you a murderer of teenager go free.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:28 AM

1,077 posts, read 649,713 times
Good morning..

The Jurors are the one's responsible for allowing this menace to society go free. Its my belief this wrongful acquittal and emboldened Zimmerman along with him feeling invincible and above any laws..

Juror B37's interview had me seeing red...here is part of what she stated on Anderson Cooper..

Quote:

In her interview, B37 said that when deliberations began, three of the women
were for acquittal, two were for manslaughter and one was leaning towards
convicting Zimmerman of second degree murder, a charge that could have put
Zimmerman in prison for the rest of his life.

Over the next 15 hours of deliberations the jurors
came to the conclusion that Zimmerman had shot Martin in self-defense and voted
to acquit him of the charges.

"I think George Zimmerman is a man whose heart was in
the right place, but just got displaced by the vandalism in the neighborhood and
wanting to catch these people so badly he went above and beyond what he should
have done," she said.

"But I think his heart was in the right place," she
said. "It just went terribly wrong."

All her justifications/rationalizations made for a guilty verdict, even if they compromised, he should have been found guilty.

I truly hope this latest charge is what puts GZ in prison or he will kill again, not a matter of IF but When..

all my belief

Old 01-17-2015, 05:57 AM

104 posts, read 61,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
While GZ may turn out to be a despicable person, his actions on that one night are irrelevant to what he may do in the future.

To use a disparate and purposeful exaggeration, if Hitler jumped into a freezing river one night and risked his own life to save a drowning little girl, he performed a wonderful act in that isolated case. This despite the fact he was a evil monster in most of his other actions.
Ah, Godwin's Law.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Not guilty and innocent do not -- by a very large stretch -- mean the same thing. He has not been found innocent of anything.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Since Zimmerman was the only one there, then he is the only one who can give eye witness testimony. It's the job of the prosecutor, to discredit Zimmerman's testimony as well as anyone brought in to support Zimmerman's account. This would include testimony given by a MD Vincent Di Maio, who said that physical evidence supported Zimmerman's account. The prosecutor failed to do so.

You may or may not agree with these witnesses, but I am not going to rehash the trial with you. I've answered the question, have clearly said that I accept these accounts because the Jury accepted the evidence. I wasn't in that court room and I suspect that you were not either. For me the case is closed. If you don't like it, your beef isn't with me but don't ask that I accept that TM was innocent. Like the jury, I don't think he is. Period.
I see that you don't want to discuss the trial, so I probably shouldn't be discussing the trial with you. But I shall anyway because I do believe the trial is relevant to what GZ is doing today. We don't precisely know what the jurors believe about Martin. We know they concluded there wasn't sufficient evidence to convict GZ. Those two points are not the same. We have a sense of what one juror thought. We cannot leap into the brains of the rest of them.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:23 AM

9,103 posts, read 4,527,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Exactly. (can't rep you again yet, sorry)

Corey had a history of overcharging cases hoping for the plea deals to lesser charges, and that is what she was hoping for when she'd overcharged this case.
Literally, at the very last moment Corey tried to have it changed to manslaughter based on .. 'child abuse' The judge said no to reducing it to (child abuse) manslaughter, so, it never went before the jury to be decided (so actually there was no 'real' not guilty verdict for manslaughter). Instead the case went to closing arguments with both sides resting their cases.

IF Corey had started out with manslaughter, or negligent homicide, (based on the law in the quote above, and not on child abuse) over second degree murder then it may have turned out differently.
Manslaughter was a lesser included offense presented to the jury. There absolutely was a Not Guilty verdict on Manslaughter.

The 'child abuse' charge was called something else, I don't recall the exact name. The judge didn't let that go to the jury.

Sure, I suppose if Corey had gone low enough, maybe they'd have convicted GZ of something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or